GTP_WRS-Online Event 29 : Wild l'Ouest

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 53 comments
Well that was not what I had hoped for. Quali was even worse that the one on Saturday and I pretty much gave up and settled for last place except @potvinsuks made a late entry and didn't really do a lap so technically he was last and unfortunately that was about as good as it got for Rob. The race started and he got stuck in auto drive :grumpy:

After the race started and there was some almighty glitch that knocked Larry @Bass Addict into his own race room and more or less at the same time I got so heavily punted by something (we are not convinced it was anything but a glitch) at Mulsanne that I got buried in kitty litter and armco fencing. My race was pretty much done after that and the best I could do from there was grab a third place.

I'm delighted to say that whilst we have no photographic evidence Larry won his race in his own private room but then we'd have to have banned him from the WRS if he hadn't won :lol:

Congrats to @Siggers and Marcus @Goldomor who both ran superb races from where I was sitting :cheers:

And a special mention to George @Infernuz (GiorgosGT7) who popped his OLR cherry with us tonight and I hope had some fun whilst putting in a really good performance :cheers:

Quali

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180620201614.jpg

Results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180620211432.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming tonight and having some fun :cheers:

Last edited:
Probably my first ever online endurace race and it was a good one. Had a lot of fun. Could've managed my fuel a little better tho.
Once again, thank you @Argon for that warm welcome on WRS :gtpflag:

It really was great to have you with us tonight and I really hope this is the start of many appearances. I really enjoyed racing with you tonight :cheers:

Last edited:
And the laughter started almost as soon as the room came up and didn't stop for 2 hours!

The quali was Ok for me, not great but as this was the first OLR of this combo where I actually clocked a lap I was already happy. Race started and then immediately broke down into fits of laughter but there was some racing going on too. @GTP_Versatile and @monoha went off and they pretty much had a battle between themselves for the whole race. I had another little off on the first lap and lost touch with both of them finding myself about 20 seconds down. A hard charge and by the last lap that was down to 6 seconds then I stuffed it up under Dunlop and cruised home for an easy 3rd. There was shenanigans going on up the front and behind me, goodness knows what was happening with @GTP_Nail and @Bass Addict, all I knew was that at times it was hard seeing through the tears of laughter.

Great times gents, thanks for making the last one of this combo one to remember and so enjoyable. :cheers:

Quali

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180621031639.jpg

Results

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180621041340.jpg

Last edited:
...I had another little off on the first lap and lost touch with both of them
Your are too kind my friend...👍

Sincere apologies for missing my break point and my rubbish attempt to try and avoid you and take myself out. :embarrassed: I struggled with Indianapolis in all three races when other cars were around...:irked::irked:

I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time and completely enjoyed this combo...thanks again for hosting the room in the wee hours of your morning. :bowdown:

:cheers:

Your are too kind my friend...👍

Sincere apologies for missing my break point and my rubbish attempt to try and avoid you and take myself out. :embarrassed: I struggled with Indianapolis in all three races when other cars were around...:irked::irked:

I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time and completely enjoyed this combo...thanks again for hosting the room in the wee hours of your morning. :bowdown:

:cheers:

I haven't laughed as much for a long while and if an innocent shunt is what it takes then I'll suffer them all day every day. It was funny AF from my rear view watching you struggle to avoid the inevitable :lol::lol::lol:

At one point Larry vanished into the distance and I was forced to put my head down and drive the unloved Toyota somewhat more seriously. Just as boredom settled in with the dreaded TT mode of solo ennui, my salvation appeared out of the distance....Larry realizing that the fun was in fact more fun than speed had lifted in order to resume our repartee :lol: We returned to our routine of trading places and quips to the hilarity of all ( I hope).Even the occasional giggle was heard from the two leaders who were engaged in a comprehensive, if not epic, tussle. Mike, the meat in the sandwich ( two comedians to the rear, and two rapid racers to the front) was forced to endure our total lack of seemingly inappropriate hilarity, but it must be noted that in the midst of this seeming disrespect of the seriousness of the spirit of the chase...we were going VERY quickly. In fact my fastest lap ever in the stupidly complex Toyota , a mid 25 ( FIVE seconds faster than my somewhat snaillike quali lap) was accomplished on a lap when we were laughing so hard that I could not see The Mulsanne corner and braked on pure muscle memory. It is truely a shame that no one was streaming this comedy act as it was truely epic. Thank you to all and especially to @Bass Addict ....who is rejoining the repartee this Sunday in the Rat Room. I can hardly wait....perhaps we all will behave ourselves....perhaps not :lol:

Congrats to @Siggers and Marcus @Goldomor who both ran superb races from where I was sitting :cheers:

Thanks, Mike. :cheers:
It actually was a very interesting race. While @Siggers was on a 4 stop strategy, I did 3. In lap 13, after his final stop, he left the pits right in front of me. Unfortunetely I was forced to save fuel, so I had no chance to keep up with him.

Last edited:
Back