GTP_WRS Online Event 47: Fish, Chips, and Geishas

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 56 comments
EU - Saddened again that we lost Javier @roamer2629 to lobby issues despite our best efforts to get him going. Despite this it was a great session that was made all the better with some wonderful banter going on in chat. You really need to get a headset Guido @hirnsauger69 and join in, it was hilarious :lol:

Special thanks to Lars @SRT DK Racing , I was in tears of laughter for most of the race and to Mike @MikeyLCR who at one point thought he was seeing double with Guido & Larry @hirnsauger69 @Bass Addict in front of and behind him with identical liveries apart from race number.

The race itself went well for me, such a great combo that Jeff @suprajef came up with and coupled with the devious tyre wear setting that Javier @roamer2629 discovered in testing it made it a really different and interesting session having to manage tyres rather than fuel. Thanks gents :cheers:

Quali:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181017201118.jpg

Results:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181017211357.jpg

If you missed out on this one then I hope to see you at the WW :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Cheers for posting Mike, It was good fun...I especially liked hearing Philip @dranddad describing the glitch that had his car heading out of the pits on its own leaving him sitting in the garage :lol:

My turn for the :dunce: as I miscounted the number of laps I had left, and ran out of fuel half way round the last lap!! :lol:

Thanks guys for a fun evening and really sorry that we lost you Javier @roamer2629 .

Thanks for a nice evening gents.

I said I would down with a crash, didn't help I mistook the clutch for the brake coming into the 2nd chicane. frantically getting my foot over to the brake but alas (ouch) to late.🤬
For the next time Philip and just in case, the use of clutch is not allowed in our races. Not sure if you use it or not, just want to make that clear.

Great NA race again yesterday, a healthy battle between Larry and Mike for the first place, while I kept trying to catch Collin with no success at all. Jeff run his own style of race again last night :D Including live tutorials 👍

Qualy Results
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181017204801.jpg

Race Results

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20181017214325.jpg

Great NA race again yesterday, a healthy battle between Larry and Mike for the first place, while I kept trying to catch Collin with no success at all. Jeff run his own style of race again last night :D Including live tutorials 👍

Qualy Results
View attachment 774644

Race Results

View attachment 774645
That was a fun race. It’s awesome to race with guys that are a good sport about it. Hopefully Saturday I can keep all four wheels on the track.

Qualy Results
View attachment 774644

Race Results

View attachment 774645
It was all going so well until I missed my breaking point into the final corner, tired to make up time on the way out, got a wheel on the grass, spun, hit the wall, broke the car for a quarter of a lap and scratched the paintjob.

As always, I had a blast. 👍

RL is at it again this morning and if I am lucky, I will be back home 5 to 10 minutes before the start of the WW race...:eek:

I really want to race today so I hope the race gods are with me...:nervous:

Nice turnout tonight for the final run of this combo, thanks again to Jeff @suprajef for this one :cheers:

Quali went well and I grabbed pole but that was about as good as it got. I had an off on the second turn of the first lap and had to let the field go by but it actually turned out to be a bit of fun chasing down the lead cars. It was so much fun that Jeff decided he'd like to fall off the track too :lol: so we were both fighting hard to get back to the sharp end. I had a great little battle with Colin @ColinNZ in the final stint and almost got back up front but Sig @Siggers had things pretty much under control and took a good win

Quali:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181020211038.jpg

Results:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20181020220655.jpg

Back