GTP_WRS Week 15: SARDEGNA GT500

Getting the hang of it...

1:05.108

@barracocco, your splits are not showing up on the leaderboard. Have you registered with WRS already? If not, just start a conversation with @WRSFetchBot with subject 'GTP_WRS Registration' and in the message add these lines:

PSN: INSERT_YOUR_YOUR_PSN_ID_HERE

For details about the registration see here.
It says I’m already registered.

Attachments

• 4B05A3A4-C381-4606-B3F2-E96BD45887FC.jpeg
    4B05A3A4-C381-4606-B3F2-E96BD45887FC.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
1:04.822

... and some more courage through the left hander. :dopey:

One thing i noticed: you should check the wind direction when you enter the TT (use R1 at the main TT screen to switch to the wind and temperature screen), you want to make sure it's pointing along the start straight. This straight slopes downwards, so having the wind in your back will give you about 5km/h additional speed. You will loose some speed down the back straight but since it slopes upwards and is a bit shorter, you will loose less than the gain from the start straight.
So if you have an unfavorable wind direction, quit and reenter again, and you will get a new one.

I used the sunny evening setting and also looked for a higher temperature, but the temperature seems to matter less than the wind direction.

I wish PD would fix the weather conditions of the TTs completey and not mess with them randomly. :irked:

One thing i noticed: you should check the wind direction when you enter the TT (use R1 at the main TT screen to switch to the wind and temperature screen), you want to make sure it's pointing along the start straight. This straight slopes downwards, so having the wind in your back will give you about 5km/h additional speed. You will loose some speed down the back straight but since it slopes upwards and is a bit shorter, you will loose less than the gain from the start straight.
So if you have an unfavorable wind direction, quit and reenter again, and you will get a new one.

I used the sunny evening setting and also looked for a higher temperature, but the temperature seems to matter less than the wind direction.

I wish PD would fix the weather conditions of the TTs completey and not mess with them randomly. :irked:
That wind really affects the S-curve right after T2. The difference between it blowing left and right (or down/up the front straight) is nearly 10 mph. Here's hoping against hope that it's fixed this week.

I'm declaring a pineapple and submitting with what's already on the board.

I'm still 0.6xx off my theoretical best and will have one more session tomorrow. Current best lap submitted with these new splits

1:04.801

Had a blast this week driving the Honda like it was stolen. 👍

Would be nice if PD fixed the weather on the Time Trials and allowed us to load a saved ghost.

Back