GTPDC

• Thread starter JrDarknes
  • 29 comments
United States
Indianapolis,IN
JrDarknes
I'm sorry guys if this is the wrong place to post. I hardly get on the gran turismo forums often. Anyway I plan on trying to bring this back GTPDC again, this time it should be a lot easier now since the clubs.

It was always difficult at first because at one point I was getting tons of friends request and I couldn't accept them.

With the new club feature you guys will now know when a competition starts or not, what's constantly happening. I don't even have to start the lobbies anymore (just need someone save each replay of each run and send me the files)

For some of you guys who don't know what GTPDC is.

GTPDC is a drifting competition. There's no rankings or qualifying. It's just pure exhibition after exhibition. The judging is player based and the rules are very relaxed, there's no clipping points, judging is just based off how the tandem go.

I also post each tourney on YouTube.
Brief history about it in a nutshell

I've been doing this for a couple of years but fell off because of school but thanks to the club feature I can try to get this rolling again.

Finally, I don't want this to interfere with the other competitions that are held on here. This no where close to the levels of contribution you guys do for your competitions.

This is basically a fun little thing I like to do for the GT community. If this thing gets going I will change the whole intro of this thread and what not.

If you wish to participate. Club ID is 1002882.

I remember this!

You should elaborate on how the judging works though.

"How the tandem go" doesn't really say much.

Yea I'm sorry I'm mobile at the moment so I was just trying to type the intro as fast and sinple as possible

It's really just what you thought about the run. Who did better. Who was cleaner, Who had a better line, did they make contact?, no courtesy roll etc.

No worries!

Wait you're doing lobby votes?

That usually leads to biased voting, people voting for their friends etc.

You should get an extra person or two to judge it with you, instead of getting competitors to judge each other.

Just sayin'... :sly:

No worries!

Wait you're doing lobby votes?

That usually leads to biased voting, people voting for their friends etc.

You should get an extra person or two to judge it with you, instead of getting competitors to judge each other.

Just sayin'... :sly:
Yes, it has always worked well in the past. Sure it sparked confliction and disagreements with others in the lobby but it always turned out well in the end.

I do see what you're saying though and I will take it into consideration but that's if I actually get this going.

I enjoyed the clip, nice edition there. Also I like the whole "relaxed" rules concept, but I agree with Streeto on a couple of things; with no defined clip points or lines becomes a bit hard judging, no ? Just based on style ? And no Tanso, just Tsuiso ?
I'd sure like to understand how this works, seriously, it could be nice, I mean, as a concept looks nice...but I honestly don't understand how it works...
As for the voting itself, it's always biased and has mistakes one way or the other, so I don't see that as an issues as long as everyone behaves...
And a sugestion; Has there ever been - here on GTP - any "cooperative" mode competition ? I mean...instead of "battles", has there been any competition that voted for the best tsuiso done by a pair ? Or the best train ? I think it could be fun.

And a sugestion; Has there ever been - here on GTP - any "cooperative" mode competition ? I mean...instead of "battles", has there been any competition that voted for the best tsuiso done by a pair ? Or the best train ? I think it could be fun.

That's brilliant.

If I were online enough, I would seriously start this series up... I'll be back soon though. Gotta find out what's up with my PS3.

If I were to really start something like this, would that be alright with you? Since it is your idea and all.

That's brilliant.

If I were online enough, I would seriously start this series up... I'll be back soon though. Gotta find out what's up with my PS3.

If I were to really start something like this, would that be alright with you? Since it is your idea and all.

Ofc ! no worries.
I can try to help out, within my possibilities if you want, as I'm done - for now - with organizing competitions. Last one was too traumatic. People get over competitive and that's not something I enjoy.

I'll join the club later on, I really just love the feel of this. Dont make it all complicated like the last drift coms that have been held, screw that im down for the simplicity of just going and group vote, maybe 3 judges maybe but other than that don't make it harder than what it has to be

With no defined clip points or lines becomes a bit hard judging, no ? Just based on style ? And no Tanso, just Tsuiso ?

I can see what your saying, I'm thinking about what I should do about it and what not. I'm just trying to make for what everyone can agree on, what I'm aiming for.

When I hosted these competitions I would tell everyone to vote once a run was over. Everyone would give their input. People typically judged on how close the chaser was to the leader while drifting, did the chaser match up well on translations, the leaders angle was well thoughout the whole drift, the leader had a impressive entry. Those were the main variables but there were many others, just those were the main ones.

It was all their preferences

I don't see that as an issues as long as everyone behaves...

Yes, I've never had a huge problem with the way I've had it. There would be discussion about why such and such voted and etc but everyone respected each other's response. 90% of the people who joined were very mature about everything.

The main goal when I started this was to make it simple, easy, quick and entertaining. So I'm hoping I can keep it that way.

As posted on the club feature on gt6. Drifting tourney this friday at 8. Guess this will kinda determine if I should continue with this or not and whether to change future rules. Atm lobby voting stands.

Already did first video beta test a lot will change from it though, few things I just didn't like.

:lol: Love the commentary 👍

Any set day this runs on?

Thanks still need to work on it. It's wierd trying to sound really hype alone in your room :|.

No I just pick a day and time where I'm available and able to host but most likely it is Friday nights. Hopefully it can get to a point where Im not the only one that has to host.

Thanks still need to work on it. It's wierd trying to sound really hype alone in your room :|.

No I just pick a day and time where I'm available and able to host but most likely it is Friday nights. Hopefully it can get to a point where Im not the only one that has to host.
Haha true, you're doing well keep it up.

Oh ok I'll join but I'm not always available Friday nights.

I've always wanted to compete in these, just never knew when they were. Olli join the club today to keep posted. 👍

Sorry, I discontinued it. Hosted two of these but no one showed.

I'm most likely not bringing it back til GT7.

Back