GTPlanet Bathurst 1000 3-5 October 2014 | Australia and New Zealand Only | 14 Spots OpenOpen 

Which group of cars should be used?

• Total voters
Australia
Adelaide
GTPlanet Bathurst 1000 2014
The ultimate Gran Turismo 6 simulation of Australia's Greatest Race.

All 5 Current Manufacturers
Full 161 Laps
Legendary Top 10 Shootout
+More...

Event Schedule

Friday 3rd October 2014 (optional)

• Practice 1 (1 hr) | 11:30 am QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 11:00 am SA & NT | 9:30 am WA | 2:30 pm NZ
  • Practice 2 (1 hr) | 3:00 pm QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 2:30 pm SA & NT | 1:00 pm WA | 6:00 pm NZ
  • Practice 3 (1 hr) | 6:30 pm QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 6:00 pm SA & NT | 4:30 pm WA | 9:30 pm NZ
Saturday 4th October 2014 (non-participation in qualifying events results in pit lane start)
  • Practice 4 (1 hr) |11:30 am QLD, NSW & VIC | 11:00 am SA & NT | 9:30 am WA | 2:30 pm NZ
  • Practice 5 (1 hr) | 2:00 pm QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 1:30 am SA & NT | 12:00 pm WA | 5:00 pm NZ
  • Qualifying (40 mins) | 5:30 pm QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 5:00 pm SA & NT | 3:30 pm WA | 8:30 pm NZ
  • Top Ten Shootout | 6:30 pm QLD, NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 6:00 pm SA & NT | 4:30 pm WA | 9:30 NZ
Sunday 5th October 2014 (daylight saving starts in SA, NT, NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS so don't forget to put your clocks 1 hour forward!)
  • Warm Up (30 mins) | 9:00 am NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 8:30 am SA & NT | 8:00 am QLD | 6:00 am WA | 11:00 am NZ
  • Cars to Grid | 9:40 am NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 9:10 am SA & NT | 8:40 am QLD | 6:40 am WA | 11:40 am NZ
  • Formation Lap | 9:55 am NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 9:25 am SA & NT | 8:55 am QLD | 6:55 am WA | 11:55 am NZ
  • Race Start | 10:00 am NSW, VIC, ACT & TAS | 9:30 am SA & NT | 9:00 am QLD | 7:00 am WA | 12:00 am NZ

Event Guidelines

Practice: Optional | 1 hr | All Drivers | RH, INT, WET (Unlimited) | ABS 1 Only | Weather Variable | Time Variable | Heavy Damage
Practice is an optional session which drivers will use to test their cars, opponents and driving abilities. It is also very useful for developing race strategies. Practice will be held in race mode so time limits are kept exact and incidents can be reviewed. Practice is non-competitive and rankings have no effect on race results. However, serious rule infractions may result in grid penalties or disqualification from the remainder of the event. After the end of each session the results will be posted in the results section.

Qualifying: Non-Participation results in pit lane start | 40 mins | All Drivers | RH, INT, WET (10 sets ea. Including race) | ABS 1 Only | Weather Variable | Time Variable | Heavy Damage
Qualifying is a session in which drivers will aim to get the fastest single lap time. The fastest 10 cars will progress to the Top 10 Shootout whilst the slowest 6 will start the race in their qualifying positions. Qualifying will be held in race mode so time limits are kept exact and incidents can be reviewed. Due to the small gap between qualifying and the Top 10 Shootout, fastest laps will have no time to be reviewed. If a driver progresses to the Top 10 Shootout with a fastest lap that breached track limits (all wheels outside white line) they will start at the rear of the grid. Due to this it is recommended that if you gain an advantage by breaching the track limits you lift off so that will not become your fastest lap. Tires sets used in the qualifying session will not be available in the race. Rule infractions may result in grid penalties or disqualification from the remainder of the event. After the end of qualifying results will be posted in the results section.

Top 10 Shootout: Non-Participation results in rear of top 10 start | 1 Warm Up Lap | 1 Flying Lap | 1 Cool Down Lap | 1 Driver at Once | Top 10 Only | RM, INT, WET (1 set ea.) | ABS 1 Only | Weather Variable | Time Variable | Heavy Damage

Top 10 Shootout is a session in which the fastest 10 drivers from qualifying will compete for pole position. Each driver will have only one flying lap each to post a time. The driver in the 10th qualifying position will have the first flying lap, the driver in the 9th qualifying position will have the second flying lap and so on. The Top 10 Shootout procedure will go as follows; the 10th qualified driver will enter the track out of the pit lane and continue on their warm up lap. When they pass the S/F line their flying lap will begin. Once the 10th placed driver enters the 3rd sector the 9th placed driver will begin their warm up lap. Once the 10th placed driver finishes their flying lap they will continue at a fast pace around the circuit back to the pit lane where they may leave the track. This procedure will apply to all cars not just 10th and 9th. :sly: The race medium tires will be used to simulate the aero changes teams make to their cars for the top 10 shootout. Rule infractions may result in grid penalties or disqualification from the remainder of the event. After the end of the Top 10 Shootout results and grid order will be posted in the results section.

Here's a video of the 2013 Top Ten Shootout which should clear up any misunderstanding.

Here's what a good lap can look like.

Warm Up: Optional | 30 mins | All Drivers | RH, INT, WET (Unlimited) | ABS 1 Only | Weather Variable | Time Variable | Heavy Damage

Warm up is an optional session in which drivers will warm up for the main event. Warm up is non competitive and has no effect on results. It is simply an exercise for drivers to check everything and make sure they are ready. Warm up will be held in race mode so time limits are kept exact and incidents can be reviewed. Serious rule infractions may result in grid penalties or disqualification from the remainder of the event.

Race: Compulsory | 161+1 laps | All Drivers | RH, INT, WET (10 sets ea. Including Qualifying) | ABS 1 Only | Weather Variable | Time Variable | Heavy Damage | Safety Car

Race includes cars to grid, formation lap and race start. Race will begin with the cars to grid where all drivers will enter the track and the race will be started*. Once the race starts* the drivers must immediately organised themselves into the correct grid positions and remain there until the formation lap begins. The formation lap will begin 5 minutes prior to the race start and the driver on pole position will lead the field around the circuit at 75 km/h. Once the field arrives at the pit straight all drivers must enter their grid slot. The race will begin when the next minute begins on the race timer. If a driver is involved in or see any noteworthy incidents during the race they must notify the stewards (most likely me) after the race and it will be reviewed. This notification must include the driver(s), lap and offence. Rule infractions may result in a time penalty or disqualification depending on the severity of the offence.

*This means the 'race' which is started using the start race button, not the actual race.

Safety Car Rules
When there is a incident that will affect drivers other than those involved there will be a safety car. For example, two drivers may be fighting for a position and they take each other out and slam into a barrier, resulting in substantial damage. The driver(s) involved in the incident must type 'SC' into the chat and then a safety car will be deployed. Due to the fact that there is no space for a safety car with a full grid of drivers, the lead driver will become the safety car. The leader must keep at 100 km/h until the safety car period is over. No overtaking is allowed during this period and infractions will result in penalties. When the drivers with damaged cars make it to the pit lane, each car may resume racing speed when they pass under the Armor All bridge.

Red Flag Rules
When there is a major accident that involves 4 or more drivers or 2 or more drivers disconnect there will be a red flag. A red flag is when the race is suspended and restarted once the incident is resolved. The race will restart under safety car conditions with the amount of laps left before the incident happened. If there is a major incident on the first lap the race will be restarted with another formation lap and a grid start.

Car List

Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03

Gary Rogers Motorsport Valvoline Racing (2 cars)

Holden Commodore SS '04
Red Bull Racing Australia (2 cars)
Holden Racing Team (2 cars)
Lockwood Racing (1 car)
Tekno Autosport (1 car)

Mercedes E55 AMG '02
Erebus Motorsport (2 cars)

Nissan G35 Sedan '04
Jack Daniel Racing (2 cars)
Norton Racing (2 cars)

Ford Falcon XR8 '00
Ford Performance Racing (2 cars)

Driver List

Australia.png
Bathurst 1000
Gary Rogers Motorsport Valvoline Racing/Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03

Australia.png
Hayden
Jack Daniel Racing/Nissan G35 Sedan '04

Results

Practice 1

Practice 2

Practice 3

Practice 4

Practice 5

Qualifying

Top 10 Shootout

Race

More Coming Soon...

Last edited:
Nice series but you made a few wrongs:
1- Lack of specs;
2- Lack of information.

I understand that more is coming soon but if you don't put specs and no information, then it will put people off.

This could have promise! If you get the parity testing done alright and run it just like the Bathurst 1000, I can't see how this won't be successful!

If Bathurst 1000 is going to happen, what do you think if you do the car selection with premiums? Premium cars can have numbers. The standard cars cannot. Moreover, an Falcon XR8 which we have is an Race car and we don't have FPV's in GT6... I wish that FPV's could be in GT6...
Or the Premium cars list:
1- Mercedes C63 AMG'08
2- Volvo C30 Polestar
3- Nissan Skyline Sedan'07
4- Ford Mustang GT Premium'07

PS: Do you mind if I share the link?

Nice series but you made a few wrongs:
1- Lack of specs;
2- Lack of information.

I understand that more is coming soon but if you don't put specs and no information, then it will put people off.
sorry I didn't have much time. I will complete the info tomorrow but specs may have to wait a little.

Are we going to try and get as close as we can to the current V8 Supercars specs or just any specs will do?
Any even specs will do because it is impossible to get correct specs for cars like the volvo without hacking.

If Bathurst 1000 is going to happen, what do you think if you do the car selection with premiums? Premium cars can have numbers. The standard cars cannot. Moreover, an Falcon XR8 which we have is an Race car and we don't have FPV's in GT6... I wish that FPV's could be in GT6...
Or the Premium cars list:
1- Mercedes C63 AMG'08
2- Volvo C30 Polestar
3- Nissan Skyline Sedan'07
4- Ford Mustang GT Premium'07

PS: Do you mind if I share the link?

Please share it. I want to keep the cars as close as possible to their real life counterparts so, sedan and closest model, racing wing, correct colour etc. I think the numbers would be nice but they are not necesary. The falcon will be heavily detuned to keep with the competition. Sorry for the double post I'm on mobile.

Too bad that is for australia and new zealand drivers only :(
Sorry, but there is far too much lag when an Australian races against someone from the other side of the world so I had to make it Australasia only or we wouldn't be able to go 6-7 hours with all the disconnections. Isn't your PS3 broken anyway?

Sorry, but there is far too much lag when an Australian races against someone from the other side of the world so I had to make it Australasia only or we wouldn't be able to go 6-7 hours with all the disconnections. Isn't your PS3 broken anyway?
Yeah, but you don't want guys outside of Australia and New Zealand, right?

Yeah, but you don't want guys outside of Australia and New Zealand, right?
I would like to include everyone but last time I tried to include everyone in an event there were heaps of disconnections and glitches in the online lobby and the race and the rest of the series didn't go ahead. After that everyone got angry at me and blamed me for wasting their time so I have learnt my lesson to only include Australians.

this cars is stock or tuned? if stock im in
They will be tuned to drive like race cars, similar to the V8 Supercars. You aren't in Australia so you wouldn't be eligible anyway (read above for explanation).

I would like to include everyone but last time I tried to include everyone in an event there were heaps of disconnections and glitches in the online lobby and the race and the rest of the series didn't go ahead. After that everyone got angry at me and blamed me for wasting their time so I have learnt my lesson to only include Australians.

They will be tuned to drive like race cars, similar to the V8 Supercars. You aren't in Australia so you wouldn't be eligible anyway (read above for explanation).
OK. Anyways, I'm portuguese, so I won't race with you if is for Australians only. So, I hope that problem is fixed, therefore until then, good luck.

OK. Anyways, I'm portuguese, so I won't race with you if is for Australians only. So, I hope that problem is fixed, therefore until then, good luck.

Thanks, we are getting fast internet in Australia slowly and it should be ready by about 2020 so maybe we can race on GT8?:lol:

Looking really good! Put me down for a seat in the Jack Daniels G35. If you like I can do some testing to figure out what HP/Kg the cars are competitive with each other.

I've decided on another possible group of cars to use. These won't give the representation of the current field of V8 Supercars but will drive and perform much similar to a V8 Supercar. All these will meet the requirements for a V8 Supercar (RWD, Sedan, V8). I've also included a poll where everyone can vote for which they prefer.

Back