GTPlanet iRacing Touring Car Cup Round 1

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Finally, round 1 has come! Lets hear some cheers!...or not ;)

Down to business, welcome all racers! If I could please have everyone who is definatley attending this race drop a post to confirm so I can make an entry list with numbers.

Brands Hatch Indy circuit is the site for round 1 of this touring car championship. The Jetta is this seasons weapon of choice and should provide some close racing action for our championship hopefuls.

Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
BH%20Aerial%20Photo%20Small.jpg
The race will be 26 laps around the Indy circuit with a 30 minute quailfying and 30 minute practice prior to the session. The password will be distributed to all confirmed attendees of the race on the day of the race.

I beleive 1800GMT was the agreed time in the poll thread. Check a time converter for your local time. This will be practice commencing at 1800GMT till 1830GMT, followed straight away by the half hour qualifying and then into the 26 lap race so expect around 90 minutes for the whole round to be completed.

Lets rock and roll!

MildAshers #89
Lowell #28
Javier Torres #68 Matmut/OZ Racing Jetta
Plate88 #88
oldskoolacura #18
the_greeze #13 AMD Milltek Racing
patrocles #64

Last edited:
We're racing on Sunday starting practice at 18 GMT IIRC, hope to see you there man!

Jav
We're racing on Sunday starting practice at 18 GMT IIRC, hope to see you there man!

Wait what? Sunday as in September 25? How did I miss the advance notice? I kept checking the first post of the other touring cup thread! :dunce:
:grumpy:

If the race is tomorrow I may be depending on my schedule.

Patrick Moore4
Car# 64

Hey guys, sorry to be a pain but I cant host it today! Something has come up and I wont be around. If anyone else wishes to host the race, please be my guest!

Sorry!

I can host it, let me know if you want to go on with the championship race or just a pre-season.

Hey all, just checked the thread! Cheers for stepping in (again, lol) Jav. :)

Personally, I think we should kick it off; we've postponed it enough. Strongly suggest a password this time though...👍

Jav
Ok, server will go online in about an hour then!

Sweeeet! Let us know when we're good to go (and the password too of course!) Jav please. I'm gonna get some much needed practice in.

Been racing the SCCA Ford Spec Racer today; that's a fun little car :)

I'm out of this round! jazz festival in town!
:)

I hope you guys have a good turnout at the inaugural event of the GiTCC.
:dopey:

Seriously, this info/thread should have been made available >36h in advance of the first race!
:)

Last edited:
Ok guys here's the results from round 1:
Round1.jpg

Congrats to Plate on a dominating victory! Well done Darryl!!

only 5 pilots!!! 31% turnout! really? really? LOL

Is the Interval the time between the first and next pilot at the finish line? If so, it looks like it was a very close race! edit...NM..I was looking at the practice not the actual race! D'oh! :dunce:

MildAshers, you should get the ALL OF THE EVENT DATES SET at this time. That will give everyone who is interested in joining enough advance notice to adjust their schedules to join the races!
Cheers!

Even before I wrecked it wasn't a close race, I was 2nd and Darryl was still 18 sec ahead. He just kept going. I shaved some time off, but then he just took it back.

Back