GTPlanet Message Board or E-mail in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vince_Fiero
  • 2 comments
  • 2,616 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince_Fiero

Off the track driver
Premium
Messages
2,529
Belgium
G-D Luxembourg
Messages
GTP_Vince_Fiero
I know we did not play with it, but on the UK site I found this:

Simple Everyday Communication Through the Friend List

Message Board

In the community feature, there is a personal message board set up for you that can be used between you and your PSN® friends.

The message board and mail features can also be utilized through granturismo.com, so you can use this to communicate race schedules with your friends when you are away from home.

Mail
If you want to communicate one on one with a friend online, you can do so through the mail feature inside the game.

From my view: we need to be friends (there are some threads on this)
GT5 Online Mode (Add your PSN ID for unofficial GTP informal racing – see 1st post)
GT5 900° clutcher club
New G25/G27 users!!!!

You can share a message board, with race info.

The e-mail will just be between PSNs.

So just this thread to look into if there would be a specific GTPlanet message board.
1) Is is feasable? A GTPlanet PSN that is friends with all on the site?
2) How to find it?
3) How to moderate it?
 
In terms of these boards I guess a Clubs thread would cover the same functions, those functions would also be covered at granturismo.com (as OP says)... I'm not sure anything else is required.

If, like a lot of people, you hook up with a dedicated online organiser (like http://www.WORLDLEAGUERACING.com) then the same functions are replicated once again.

I think therefore that we probably have all the messaging/comms functions that we can shake a driveshaft at...
 
I tried the message boards (and lot of other things) yesterday.

Since they are linked to a PSN it does not seem a handy way to communicate.
You would need a neutral PSN where everyone would post, but that seems unpractical.

Guess we will stick with racing series, GTPlanet chat, etc...
Just some limited groups could use the message board.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back