GTPlanet Update Log: Feature Announcements and Site Changes

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 61 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: As of December 13, 2021, the search engine has been patched and is now publicly available once again. Thank you for your patience!

Search has been temporarily disabled on the GTPlanet Forums due to the "Log4Shell" zero-day vulnerability discovered yesterday in a utility used by our search engine.

This is one of the most serious and wide-reaching security issues affecting Internet infrastructure discovered in recent memory. Services from major tech companies including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft have all been revealed as vulnerable to this exploit.

As for GTPlanet, our web application firewall rules were updated quickly by our security service, and I applied recommended settings changes as soon as I was notified yesterday. Although we have several layers of defense in place, the affected software remains vulnerable. Due to the extreme severity of this issue and at the recommendation of security researchers, I have temporarily disabled the search function out of an abundance of caution until the affected software is officially patched. Because this is such a high-profile issue, I expect the patch will be released in the coming hours or days.

For now, you can continue to use the full-site search engine available at gtplanet.net/search.

Last edited:
As you might have noticed, GTPlanet's seasonal Christmas decorations are up! ☃️

To help the community spread extra cheer, the 🔥 reaction has been temporarily replaced with a 🎄. Give it a try!

Thank you all for helping to make 2022 a record-breaking year for GTPlanet.

Here's to a happy holiday season and a healthy and safe 2023!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back