GTPlanet Worldwide Time Attack Challenge Season 4, "Concept Cars on GT tracks" ???

Interested in Concept Cars

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
Hi guys ! Since the success I have with hosting the DTM Legend Challenge...:ill:, I thought it would be good idea to go back to previous GTPTAC season we had...

So I would like to know what do you think about this one : "Concept Cars on GT tracks". It would be a 4 weeks event (May 9th - June 6th) and would go like this :

Week 1
Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 / FR 285 hp
Honda NSX-R Concept '01 / MR 290 hp
(S2 / S2)

Week 2
Protomotors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04 / MR 324 hp Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 / MR 175 hp
Acura HSC Concept '04 / MR 330 hp / Honda HSC "The 37th Tokyo Motor Show Concept Car" '03 / MR 330 hp
(S2 / S2)

Week 3
BMW Concept M5 '04 / FR 503 hp
Dodge VIPER GTS R Concept '00 / FR 505 hp
(S3 / S3)

Week 4
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car / FR 507 hp
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car / FR 508 hp
(R1 / R1)

The tracks would be kept secret till d-day minus 1, rules would be GTPTAC rules, we would have a point+time ranking system.

So, what do you think about that ? Who would like to compete in this season ? Do you see anything you think need to be improved, clarified ?

Your point of view is important, so feel free to speak ! Have a nice day guys !

Last edited:
I like it... just one question though:

Why did you cross out the Protomotors Spirra? Did you just have too many cars for that week?

Thanks Detroitbb ! I crossed the Promotors Spirra because I don't know if we would have another Concept Car Challenge and wanted to have the Suzuki. And the Spirra is really hard to handle on GT Tracks -oversteer !!!- so I was afraid to give competitors much trouble than fun, the Suzuki is really funnier ;) !... here is the list I used -I'll update the sticked thread- :

Mitsubishi i Concept '03 / MR 68

Mazda KUSABI Concept '03 / FR 150
DOME-ZERO Concept '78 / MR 165
Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 / MR 175
Mazda Atenza Concept '01 / 178
Mazda6 Concept '01 / 178
Suzuki CONCEPT-S2 '03 / FF 180
Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept '02 / FF 183

Hyundai HCD6 Concept '01 / MR 219
Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 / FR 233
Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept '02 / FR 243
Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05 / 260 (truck)
NISMO Fairlady Z S-tune concept by GRANTURISMO (Z33) '02 / MR 278
Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-I) '01 / FR 285
Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 / FR 285
Honda NSX-R Concept '01 / MR 290

Hyundai Clix Concept '01 / AWD 305
Protomotors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04 / MR 324
Acura HSC Concept '04 / MR 330
Honda HSC "The 37th Tokyo Motor Show Concept Car" '03 / MR 330
Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 / AWD 350
Honda DUALNOTE Concept '01 / AWD 395
Acura DN-X Concept '02 / AWD 397

Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) /455

BMW Concept M5 '04 / FR 503
Dodge VIPER GTS R Concept '00 / FR 505
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car / FR 507
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car / FR 508
Mazda Furai Concept '08 / 509

Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01 / MR 600
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car / FR 617
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car / FR 626

Cadillac CIEN Concept '02 / MR 760
GT by Citroën '08 / 790

Infiniti FX45 Concept '02 / AWD 345 (big)
Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04 / AWD 350 (big)
Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02 / FR 495 (big)

See there are a lot a of cars, so maybe in a round 2 one day ! But if you want to compete with other cars in the list, please tell me ! And I'm not sure about the format : we have two cars running on the same track the same week with almost same hp, do you think we should run on different tracks -so back to a one car one track format- or mix hp ?

Last edited:
I agree about the Protomotors car being hard to handle... and I'm not complaining that it isn't in the contest! I've driven it quite a few times and would prefer something I have never driven (and I've never taken the Suzuki GSX-R/4 out on the track before).

I think two cars/one track (in one week) is a good format. As far as the HP is concerned, I wouldn't bother me if you decided to mix different horsepower autos, but having them be a similar HP isn't a problem either - it's up to you to decide!

Thanks for your help here Detroitbb ! I think we wil keep this format and try it ! So I probably will change the thread title + first message soon ;) !

See you at the green hell ;) -still didn't run laps, too busy at work and made bad decisions like "I'll run this afternoon, I'll be free for two hours..." and then I had a call for work...-

Have a nice day guys !

Sorry guys I won't be able to host this one, will be too busy... I'll just compete in challenges you guys will host.

Have a nice day !

Thanks Detroitbb ! I crossed the Promotors Spirra because I don't know if we would have another Concept Car Challenge and wanted to have the Suzuki. And the Spirra is really hard to handle on GT Tracks -oversteer !!!- so I was afraid to give competitors much trouble than fun, the Suzuki is really funnier ;) !... here is the list I used -I'll update the sticked thread- :

See there are a lot a of cars, so maybe in a round 2 one day ! But if you want to compete with other cars in the list, please tell me ! And I'm not sure about the format : we have two cars running on the same track the same week with almost same hp, do you think we should run on different tracks -so back to a one car one track format- or mix hp ?

is the Hsc tokyo concept car just the Honda Hsc 03 it doesn't say tokyo in the game?

Back