GTPlanet's Traveler Thread

United States
United States
26de8714d2078a7c796eecf239f573a2.png

Knowing that a fare amount of people on GTPlanet travel frequently, I thought it'd be appropriate for a dedicated travel thread to be made.

Here we can share stories, plans, and even share traveling tips for those who are heading out to somewhere new.

Feel free to post any traveling plans.
(Excuse the header - it was thrown together in a few minutes.)

----
It's June and the beginning of summertime, so I think that it's the perfect time for this thread to come around.

I'm planning to get my passport made and head to Costa Rica for a week this summer. The place I'll be at will probably be the village of Monteverde. It's a pretty popular place for ecotourism, as I've been told by my teacher, so hopefully I can visit and do some backpacking through the Monteverde Cloud Forest (maybe guided). It'll be my first time traveling outside of the United States, so I'm really excited to experience outside culture.

This place looks beautiful!

Cloud-Forest-of-Monteverde.jpg

It should be noted that I'll be flying for free :D The thing that costs the most for many flying to Costa Rica from the U.S is the plane ticket, so I'll have lots of left over money to do things (or to save).

I've got a few weeks off in August and I'm looking for somewhere nice to go and drink a beer. Could go by bus, could go by train or could go by bicycle.

Undecided yet.

I like this thread! Let me tell you, your first trip away from your home country is a life changing experience, I'd say. You might become hooked to traveling. Costa Rica looks beautiful, it's on my list too. Someday!

To me there is nothing better than grabbing my camera, packing my things and getting on a plane to go somewhere new. Although I haven't traveled in a while I would like to start again, in fact I will be booking a flight to London soon (for my second trip there) for October to meet a friend from Australia. We also plan to go to Japan and have been for a while, but we aren't ready for that just yet.

I like this thread! Let me tell you, your first trip away from your home country is a life changing experience, I'd say. You might become hooked to traveling. Costa Rica looks beautiful, it's on my list too. Someday!

To me there is nothing better than grabbing my camera, packing my things and getting on a plane to go somewhere new. Although I haven't traveled in a while I would like to start again, in fact I will be booking a flight to London soon (for my second trip there) for October to meet a friend from Australia. We also plan to go to Japan and have been for a while, but we aren't ready for that just yet.
I'm pretty excited to go. Right now, I'm just wondering what it's like to be immersed in a different culture. Could be jarring, could be nice.

I thought I'd resurrect an old thread as opposed to clogging with a new one.

I'd really like to go to berlin at the end of June. However I am stuck with how people generally tend to pay for hotels (I'm UK based). Some hotels take a deposit or have you pay at checkout. How does this work with your credit card, is it a good idea to pay with a travel based credit card rather then a UK one to avoid sterling fees? I'm ever so confused.

Any advice on this or any other tips with Germany travel are appreciated.

Back