GTPLMS S2 Round 5 Qualifying - 24 Laps of Le Mans *RESULTS POSTED*

  • Thread starter Thread starter ICallShotgun
  • 57 comments
  • 2,694 views
say, were you shooting through the curves with no brake?

Yes, feathering the throttle in 5th for the first 2 curves then pushing hard in 4th for the 3rd and Maison Blanche. But at no time did I touch the brakes, it would just unsettle the car too much.

A very scary but worthwhile stategy!

Neil
 
Yes, feathering the throttle in 5th for the first 2 curves then pushing hard in 4th for the 3rd and Maison Blanche. But at no time did I touch the brakes, it would just unsettle the car too much.

A very scary but worthwhile stategy!

Neil
Indeed. I'm usually 5th all the way through, just narrowly missing the grass. what gear do you take in the esses heading towards tetre rouge and through tetre rouge? I usually tap 4th gear in both places.
 
My GT2 splits so far: (not even close to STG, the M3 tops out 5 mph lower, not to mention she can qualify like Ryan Newman 👍)

T1: 34.531
T2: 1.13.780
T3: 1.45.699
T4: 2.12.009
T5: 2.45.640
T6: 3.20.128

Have more work to do . . .
 
Indeed. I'm usually 5th all the way through, just narrowly missing the grass. what gear do you take in the esses heading towards tetre rouge and through tetre rouge? I usually tap 4th gear in both places.

I usually am in 3rd for the Dunlop chicane, 4th then 5th down to the esses, 3rd for the left and 4th for the right, up to 5th then down to 4th for Tetre Rouge.
3rd for the entry to Playstation, 4th for the exit.
4th for florandiere,
3rd for Mulsanne, Indianapolis & Arnage.

Have I forgotten any? :rolleyes:
:)
Neil
 
Dels splits ..

PROTO PS2
T1 - 0'29.019
T2 - 1'01.617 (max V @ playstation 219mph)
T3 - 1'27.966 (max V @ Florandiere 215mph)
T4 - 1'49.965 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 211mph)
T5 - 2'17.8519 (max V @ Indianapolis 217mph)
T6 - 2'46.900 (max V @ start of Porche curves 205mph)

GT2 RX7
T1 - 0'33.977
T2 - 1'12.606 (max V @ playstation 178mph)
T3 - 1'44.154 (max V @ Florandiere 176mph)
T4 - 2'10.044 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 172mph)
T5 - 2'42.963 (max V @ Indianapolis 177mph)
T6 - 3'16.637 (max V @ start of Porche curves 168mph)

GT3 SUBARU
T1 - 0'37.378
T2 - 1'19.621 (max V @ playstation 157mph)
T3 - 1'54.487 (max V @ Florandiere 153mph)
T4 - 2'23.501max V @ Mulsanne kink 150mph)
T5 - 3'01.035 (max V @ Indianapolis 154mph)
T6 - 3'38.447 (max V @ start of Porche curves 145mph)
 
Don't care guys! (and gal)

Whatever encourages you. Chris has never banned any split posting, just discouraged discussing final times.
Only a couple of us have ever shared through the week, and I personally think that's a shame.

Keep it up, it's a good habit to get into.

Neil

Dually noted. Talk about splits all you want...just no final time for laptimes. In fact, I encourage it. Especially on a track THIS long. One of these days I'll even put mine up. Got the hot-laps done, been testing for another series.

c
 
well all, i'm off to play course marshal for the weekend. If anyone has any questions, I have confidence that Neil will be able to answer most anything that will come up.

I'll be home by 6-7p sun night, so results should still go up then, and the race thread will be posted Sun night. Good luck all and see you Sunday night
 
Neil,

I have a question. What's your answer? :)

Joe
 
Neil,

I have a question. What's your answer? :)

Joe

I said NO!, you crazy Dutch B*****d! :lol:

Neil
 
I said NO!, you crazy Dutch B*****d! :lol:

Neil

Works for me! Don't know how I became a Dutchy, but since I'm on my third tall G&T, I don't have much in the way of a snappy comeback at the mo-ment!

(Geez, the other steward isn't such a wank) :lol:
 
PRO: Pescarolo Courage C60
T1 - 0'29.677
T2 - 1'03.716
T3 - 1'30.898
T4 - 1'53.240
T5 - 2'21.415
T6 - 2'50.540



I have max speed set at 370. Looks like I need to get a lot quicker around this one. Will try at 420 tomorrow.

👍
 
Ah, someone to compare notes with...:D

Let's begin, shall we?
GT2 RX7
T1 - 0'33.977
T2 - 1'12.606 (max V @ playstation 178mph)
T3 - 1'44.154 (max V @ Florandiere 176mph)
T4 - 2'10.044 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 172mph)
T5 - 2'42.963 (max V @ Indianapolis 177mph)
T6 - 3'16.637 (max V @ start of Porche curves 168mph)
GT2 RX-7 (Top Speed setting - 370 km/h)
T1 - 0'35.241 Hmmmmmmmmmm...
T2 - 1'15.754 (Max V @ PS2/GT4 180 MPH)
T3 - 1'47.856 (Max V @ Florandiere 176 MPH)
T4 - 2'14.532 (Max V @ Mulsanne Kink 172 MPH)
T5 - 2'48.645 (Max V before Indianapolis 178 MPH)
T6 - 3'22.792 (Max V @ start of Porsche Curves 168 MPH)

GT3 SUBARU
T1 - 0'37.378
T2 - 1'19.621 (max V @ playstation 157mph)
T3 - 1'54.487 (max V @ Florandiere 153mph)
T4 - 2'23.501max V @ Mulsanne kink 150mph)
T5 - 3'01.035 (max V @ Indianapolis 154mph)
T6 - 3'38.447 (max V @ start of Porche curves 145mph)
GT3 Impreza (Top Speed setting - 300 km/h)
T1 - 0'39.214
T2 - 1'24.558 (Max V @ PS2/GT4 157 MPH)
T3 - 2'00.739 (Max V @ Florandiere 135 MPH)
T4 - 2'30.860 (Max V @ Mulsanne Kink 149 MPH)
T5 - 3'08.766 (Max V before Indianapolis 155 MPH)
T6 - 3'46.313 (Max V @ start of Porsche Curves 146 MPH)

Well Delfino, it's clear between the two of us that you're a better driver than I am.:dunce: :O Is it OK of me to ask you what speed settings you used for your cars? Also, what controller do you use for your GT4 racing? I use the DS2 when I compete in this and other series and I only got the DFP just yesterday and started practising with it.

In case anyones interested, here are the splits I got out of the Camaro earlier tonight.
Camaro (Top Speed setting - 300 km/h)
T1 - 0'33.900
T2 - 1'12.190 (Max V @ PS2/GT4 192MPH)
T3 - 1'42.541 (Max V @ Florandiere 189 MPH)
T4 - 2'07.408 (Max V @ Mulsanne Kink 186 MPH)
T5 - 2'39.942 (Max V before Indianapolis 190 MPH)
T6 - 3'12.668 (Max V @ start of Porsche Curves 182 MPH)

If I get the chance tomorrow before I subnmit my times, I'll try running for a hour in each one of my cars so that I can try to make any improvments. :)
 
Gonna send in my time in a short while!
Not improved since the splits posted earlier in the week, so we'll have to see where they sit.


Hey Chris, are you gonna have the tyre wear turned down to mild for the race buddy?
These PROTO cars will be pitting every-other lap or so, if it's on strong!

Neil
 
Ah, someone to compare notes with...:D

Let's begin, shall we?
GT2 RX-7 (Top Speed setting - 370 km/h)
T1 - 0'35.241 Hmmmmmmmmmm...
T2 - 1'15.754 (Max V @ PS2/GT4 180 MPH)
T3 - 1'47.856 (Max V @ Florandiere 176 MPH)
T4 - 2'14.532 (Max V @ Mulsanne Kink 172 MPH)
T5 - 2'48.645 (Max V before Indianapolis 178 MPH)
T6 - 3'22.792 (Max V @ start of Porsche Curves 168 MPH)



Your top speeds are a little higher than mine (177 max anywhere), which is usual between our cars at the high speed tracks, but you're pulling a way higher gear than me, I'm at 310. I know they're vastly different cars, but still . . .. My GT2 splits are posted earlier FWIW.

I'm gonna try to improve some, but I have to test JGTC cars too today.
 
Wow, everyone is doing the splits. Guess I'll get in on the action. I'll start with comparing all the splits I've seen here:

Prototype
Toyota GT-One, Std settings top speed @ 420
T1 - 0'28.847 - 0.447 faster
T2 - 1'01.566 (max V @ playstation 221mph) - 0.246 faster (a little slow round Terte Rouge & too much throttle on way out, a little wheelspin)
T3 - 1'27.916 (max V @ Florandiere 218mph) - 0.524 faster
T4 - 1'49.731 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 212mph) - 0.628 faster
T5 - 2'17.459 (max V @ Indianapolis 219mph) - 0.724 faster
T6 - 2'46.151 (max V @ start of Porche curves 208mph) - 1.240 faster

PRO: Pescarolo Courage C60
T1 - 0'29.677
T2 - 1'03.716
T3 - 1'30.898
T4 - 1'53.240
T5 - 2'21.415
T6 - 2'50.540

PROTO PS2
T1 - 0'29.019
T2 - 1'01.617 (max V @ playstation 219mph)
T3 - 1'27.966 (max V @ Florandiere 215mph)
T4 - 1'49.965 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 211mph)
T5 - 2'17.8519 (max V @ Indianapolis 217mph)
T6 - 2'46.900 (max V @ start of Porche curves 205mph)
Audi R8

T1: 0'28.343
T2: 1'00.647
T3: 1'26.933
T4: 1'48.575
T5: 2'18.368
T6: 2'44.230

GT2
T1: 34.531
T2: 1.13.780
T3: 1.45.699
T4: 2.12.009
T5: 2.45.640
T6: 3.20.128

GT2 RX7
T1 - 0'33.977
T2 - 1'12.606 (max V @ playstation 178mph)
T3 - 1'44.154 (max V @ Florandiere 176mph)
T4 - 2'10.044 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 172mph)
T5 - 2'42.963 (max V @ Indianapolis 177mph)
T6 - 3'16.637 (max V @ start of Porche curves 168mph)

Opel Astra,
T1 - 0'33.427
T2 - 1'11.861 (max V @ playstation 181mph)
T3 - 1'43.086 (max V @ Florandiere 175mph)
T4 - 2'09.572 (max V @ Mulsanne kink 171mph)
T5 - 2'42.971 (max V @ Indianapolis 178mph)
T6 - 3'16.251 (max V @ start of Porche curves 167mph)

GT2 RX-7 (Top Speed setting - 370 km/h)
T1 - 0'35.241 Hmmmmmmmmmm...
T2 - 1'15.754 (Max V @ PS2/GT4 180 MPH)
T3 - 1'47.856 (Max V @ Florandiere 176 MPH)
T4 - 2'14.532 (Max V @ Mulsanne Kink 172 MPH)
T5 - 2'48.645 (Max V before Indianapolis 178 MPH)
T6 - 3'22.792 (Max V @ start of Porsche Curves 168 MPH)

Audi TT-R

T1: 0'32.853
T2: 1'11.001
T3: 1'42.767
T4: 2'09.073
T5: 2'41.891
T6: 3'14.642
 
Splits:

PRO:
T1 - 0'28.631
T2 - 1'01.114
T3 - 1'27.276
T4 - 1'48.895
T5 - 2'16.502
T6 - 2'45.132

GT2
T1 - 0'33.335
T2 - 1'11.751
T3 - 1'42.804
T4 - 2'09.356
T5 - 2'42.683
T6 - 3'15.779
 
Allright, here's what I'm turning in, I left some time out there because I have a couple of faster sector times, but this is the best lap I've put together. It'll have to do. :)

GT2 BMW M3

T1: 33.941
T2: 1.12.555 (176 @ 1st chicken)
T3: 1.44.023 (173 @ 2nd chicken)
T4: 2.10.478 (169 @ end of Mulsanne)
T5: 2.44.036 (175 @ Indianapolis)
T6: 3.18.065 (166 @ Porsche)
 
Time in. This car feels pretty damn quick, I managed to string together an almost perfect lap (missed the apex in Maison Blanche). The last time I competed at this track was in the WRS a very very long time ago, so I have no idea how I will fare against the regulars :nervous:

Good luck all 👍

EDIT: Final splits for those interested:

T1 - 0'32.228
T2 - 1'08.710
T3 - 1'37.954
T4 - 2'02.471
T5 - 2'33.270
T6 - 3'05.144
 
Times sent in. ;)👍
This car feels pretty damn quick, I managed to string together an almost perfect lap (missed the apex in Maison Blanche). The last time I competed at this track was in the WRS a very very long time ago, so I have no idea how I will fare against the regulars :nervous:

Good luck all 👍

EDIT: Final splits for those interested:

T1 - 0'32.228
T2 - 1'08.710
T3 - 1'37.954
T4 - 2'02.471
T5 - 2'33.270
T6 - 3'05.144
Well compared to the Chevy I drive(the Camaro), I say you fare quite well against me.:dopey: Whether or not I'll be able to improve on my times come time for the race remains to be seen.

As for the last-minute qualifying today, I could only do GT2 and GT3 before I had to eat dinner and submit my times. I'm not being too optimistic on how well I qualified, but I hope I do well.:)

@ ZeratulSG: So will this 24 Laps of Le Mans be a one-shot deal for you in the GTPLMS this season, or are you in it w/us for the long haul?:D
P.S. - Looking forward to racing w/you in the GTPJGTC Series.
 
times sent... i think i'm in trouble in both cats....:nervous: :sick: :ouch:
 
well, i must say i'm fairly disappointed in the turnout this week. 1-2 drivers in each division missing...I know Drew, you can't race yet, but other than you. Oh well, results will be up in an hour or two.

c
 
Oh sorry I missed the deadline, I swear I read the 26th somewhere! I'm still in for the race if that's cool.
 
Wow RACECAR. Thats some serious speed.:)
I think my Clio has a bit of a speed advantage,
we're still getting penalties for the race arnt we?
 
Damn, that was pretty close! I reckon a cleaner Maison Blanche and less tippy-toes through the Porsche Curves and I might've taken you down Shotgun ;)

CAMikaze
@ ZeratulSG: So will this 24 Laps of Le Mans be a one-shot deal for you in the GTPLMS this season, or are you in it w/us for the long haul?
I think for now, this will have to be just the one-shot deal. Between work, girlfriend, and JGTC Season 5 fast approaching, I just don't have the time to compete in 2 series :( If things change though, I'll definitely give this series a look (had my eye on it before). Thanks again to ICallShotgun for the invite :cheers:

CAMikaze
P.S. - Looking forward to racing w/you in the GTPJGTC Series.
Looking forward to it too mate 👍
 
Wow RACECAR. Thats some serious speed.:)

Yeah man, I wouldn't retire from GT2 yet if I were you.

But, since I'm me 💡 ... maybe you should. :lol:

Congrats on the smokin' lap! 👍
 
Yeah man, I wouldn't retire from GT2 yet if I were you.

But, since I'm me 💡 ... maybe you should. :lol:

Congrats on the smokin' lap! 👍

Thanks man:tup: . It 's been a frustraiting time, but I definately won't retire from GT2 now:)
 
I just noticed the deadline is changed to Sunday! That one totally escaped my notice.....:dunce:

Well....just when I've got Monday 6:00 CST branded into my brain, I just can't seem to keep up with this one. Not an intentional DNS .....so um, uh,...?


After about 5 laps in the C5R: 3:35.009

I believe there's another .500 seconds that can be had if I run another 4-5 laps
 
@ Sammi No penalties. I have a feeling RACECAR is going to burn his tires off...

@the Emperor Sorry dude, but the deadline was always Sunday. I am trying to make up some time from missing the results a couple weeks ago. But you've got 2 weeks to get the race in, but w/ a 15s penalty...sorry. Same for you too Brad, race is OK, but with the 15s penalty.

good luck all and I'm off to get a tire test in.

c
 
Back