GTP's Favourite Artist - Poll (Part III, The Final Tiebreaker)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ev0
  • 22 comments
  • 842 views

Which artist do you prefer?

  • Pink Floyd

    Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers

    Votes: 6 33.3%

  • Total voters
    18
  • Poll closed .

Ev0

Messages
4,680
It's just down to two artists now. Red Hot Chili Peppers vs. Pink Floyd. Cast your votes fellow GTP members, because like the last poll, it will be all over in one week!
 
Voted for Pink Floyd 👍
 
Even though I don't listen to them, I voted Pink Floyd as they are obviously better than The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I honestly don't see how RHCP made it this far. They aren't the greatest band in the world, and Flea is probably the only stand-out member.
 
Haven't heard a lot of Pink Floyd music, but anything is better than RHCP imo. :/
 
why the hell is RHCP there? whats everyone smoking. Anyway, even though I don't listen to them, Pink Floyd.
 
Ha, now that the voting doesn't have other bands in it, Pink Floyd is getting all the votes.
 
Well, I voted for RHCP. Pink Floyd was a great break-through band with lots of invovative ideas on ways to approach music, but for day to day listening, if you were stuck with one bands cd or the other on an island, I would want RHCP, no question !
 
I think puting the two bands side by side has given everyone a proverbial shake of the head.
 
We want Chilly Willy!

WHY the HELL is Pink Floyd there?! They're awful! :yuck:
 
Event Horizon
WHY the HELL is Pink Floyd there?! They're awful! :yuck:
They are there because they were first nominated in the first thread, then they managed ties in the two polls. They are a very popular band amongst GTP users, and that's why they are here.

And they are far from being afwul.
 
Ev0
They are there because they were first nominated in the first thread, then they managed ties in the two polls. They are a very popular band amongst GTP users, and that's why they are here.

And they are far from being afwul.
I was annoyed with every Pink Floyd fan saying this about the RHCP. Every godammed post had this. Shows that RHCP fans are much more docile.
 
first of all, these two band are in two completely different genre's. besides, when dealing with two original bands such as these, it is impossible to determine which is "the best." any person may like one band more than the other, but should still keep an open mind when listening to other types of music. apparently this poll has changed the question from "which band is your favorite?" to "which band is better?" for example, i enjoy listening to both bands. however, i find that the rhcp suits me much better than pink floyd, but i still hold that both bands have made excellent music thus far. next time why not take one genre at a time? i think it's fairly unanimous that Pink Floyd could beat King Crimson or Camel, but rhcp? funk vs. progressive rock isn't a good comparison.
 
TwinTurboJay
Well, I voted for RHCP. Pink Floyd was a great break-through band with lots of invovative ideas on ways to approach music, but for day to day listening, if you were stuck with one bands cd or the other on an island, I would want RHCP, no question !

What are you smoking, Jay?
 
I am smoking Red hot chili peppers, dried, shredded, and rolled on the thighs of a blonde nubian !
 
TwinTurboJay
I am smoking Red hot chili peppers, dried, shredded, and rolled on the thighs of a blonde nubian !

Quick! Save him! There's still time!!

You can NOT compare Floyd to RHCP. No comparison. I'm yet to hear an RHCP song worth half a ****.
 
Tvan2105
first of all, these two band are in two completely different genre's. besides, when dealing with two original bands such as these, it is impossible to determine which is "the best." any person may like one band more than the other, but should still keep an open mind when listening to other types of music. apparently this poll has changed the question from "which band is your favorite?" to "which band is better?" for example, i enjoy listening to both bands. however, i find that the rhcp suits me much better than pink floyd, but i still hold that both bands have made excellent music thus far. next time why not take one genre at a time? i think it's fairly unanimous that Pink Floyd could beat King Crimson or Camel, but rhcp? funk vs. progressive rock isn't a good comparison.
I competely agree with this statement. These are both good bands in their respective genres. This is kinda like comparing Pantera with My Chemical Romance. You just can't.
 
I voted for RHCP, I enjoy listening to their music and they were brilliant live.

I've heard very little Pink Floyd so it would have been unfair to base my judgement on so few tracks. 👍

However, I don't consider RHCP my favourite band.
 
All is now said and done. The poll is closed, and Pink Floyd doubled RHCP in votes (12 to 6). The people of GTP have spoken, and Pink Floyd is their favourite artist! Thanks for voting everyone!
 
RHCP was good when they first started out but when they came back in like 2001 there songs won't good as they were when they first were out. I vote for Floyd.
 
I dont listen to either but i voted for red hot chilli peppers... well i would have
 
Back