GTPSP and Vita - I can't transfer garage data

• Thread starter Leprekaun
  • 9 comments
Leprekaun
Hi all. I never owned a PSP but I did get the Vita and to go along with it, I decided to buy GTPSP off the PS Store to use it with the Vita. GTPSP works perfectly fine, no problems at all but I'm having difficulty in regards to exporting garage data to GT5. I've tried doing it through GTPSP but whenever I connect the Vita to my PS3 to do the transfer, I get an error that a connection can't be made, which I assume is down to the fact that GTPSP is running on the Vita so because there's software running, it won't connect to the PS3. So I tried importing garage data through GT5 but again, the same issue so I don't know what to do to import garage data. Would anyone know a third alternative or is it that the Vita doesn't support this feature? Thanks.

Hi all. I never owned a PSP but I did get the Vita and to go along with it, I decided to buy GTPSP off the PS Store to use it with the Vita. GTPSP works perfectly fine, no problems at all but I'm having difficulty in regards to exporting garage data to GT5. I've tried doing it through GTPSP but whenever I connect the Vita to my PS3 to do the transfer, I get an error that a connection can't be made, which I assume is down to the fact that GTPSP is running on the Vita so because there's software running, it won't connect to the PS3. So I tried importing garage data through GT5 but again, the same issue so I don't know what to do to import garage data. Would anyone know a third alternative or is it that the Vita doesn't support this feature? Thanks.

Make sure to use the same account on your ps3 and your ps vita.
Try unplugging your vita and plug it into another usb port on the ps3.

How did you get GTPSP for Vita? It's not on US PSStore, I checked.

Now there I also noticed something really strange. In the Netherlands GTpsp was available as download in the Vita section on the ps3 store. It was not available in the store on the Vita :ouch:

I downloaded GTpsp on the psp (I have both UMD and digital copy, fanboy I know). Then I connected the Vita to the ps3 and I transfered my GTpsp to the Vita. You can copy the save game from your psp to the vita, but it will not work :ill:

Make sure to use the same account on the ps3 and the vita, otherwise it will not work.

It looks like the feature isn't supported on the PS Vita. I tried mine (Japanese GTPSP, Japanese GT5, Japanese SEN account) and it didn't work either. Both GT5 and GTPSP stay in "awaitng connection" and nothing happens.

The "network connection error" you see isn't with the game, but rather Vita's OS trying to connect to the PS3's OS, which happens everytime you connect the Vita to the PS3 in order to conduct PS3-Vita transfers, but it does not happen because you are running a game on the PS3 end, and so Vita's connection times out and thinks there is a problem.

Alas, the PSP emulator on the Vita does not support USB connections it seems.

Veritech, I will try it tonight, but I am afraid you are right.

Edit: tried it, it does not work. Once you connect the vita to the ps3 the Vita tries to go into the connection mode, but it fails because GT5 is running.

Oh well.

I still can do this with my psp.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm definitely sure I'm using the same account. I bought GT PSP with my GT5 account and thats where I have all my cars/stats for GT5 as well. Thats a real shame that I can't transfer cars from GT PSP to my GT5 account :(. I've got a couple of gems (NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99 and Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 ) that I'd like to use with GT5. I know I couldn't use those cars in career mode but I'd settle to use them just for arcade mode.

Borrow someone's psp if you know someone with one if it means that much. Thats your only option to transfer.

Unfortunately GT PSP is one of the few PSP games that uses protected saves. The save file will not load on any other system other than on the one that created it.

It seems that the only reliable method requires two copies of GT PSP, with one of them being run on a regular PSP. The PS Vita one will have to share all his cars (and trade all the trade-only ones), and then the PSP one can then connect to GT5.

How did you get GTPSP for Vita? It's not on US PSStore, I checked.

heads up if you got a ps3 you can buy it on the psn store through there than transfer it to ur vita. ALOT of games work on the vita that dont show up on the psn store within the vita not sure why but yea enjoy!

Back