GTS '20/'21 season point system question

I raced the first race(s) of the '20/'21 Nations Cup season last night and I received 65 points in my first race for 7th place...my second race I won and only received 24 points...can anyone explain that? When I look online I'm in 17th place in my region with 24 points instead of 65. I had problems at the end of last season like this but didn't look into it. Anyone know what's up?

The last race you take part in is the one that contributes towards your score, so that's why you kept the 24 instead of the 65.

Since the second race was worth considerably less, did you have a lot of collisions/penalties during the first race? It sounds like your sportsmanship rating may have dropped far enough to invoke a driver rating reset to a lower level.

I raced the first race(s) of the '20/'21 Nations Cup season last night and I received 65 points in my first race for 7th place...my second race I won and only received 24 points...can anyone explain that?
The points are decided by how strong the lobby is, the 65pt race would've had better players in it than your second (to be dropped down to racing people that much worse you probably lost SR in the first race).

The last race you take part in is the one that contributes towards your score, so that's why you kept the 24 instead of the 65.

Since the second race was worth considerably less, did you have a lot of collisions/penalties during the first race? It sounds like your sportsmanship rating may have dropped far enough to invoke a driver rating reset to a lower level.
As it turns out the first race that I received 65 points in was tougher only because the bozos I was racing were a bunch of Bashers(got railed off track in three different corners during the race, which saw two of them get no penalties mind you...one incident gave me a penalty and I was slowing/moving out of the way of someone else's f up). I don't know how these Jack A's get in the higher S/R level races to begin with. Thanks for the insight guys. That's probably what happened. Next time I'll just not race again since I got 3 times higher points finishing 8th. Can't wait to get my new sim set-up so I can get into better quality racing...hopefully.

Here is the FIA points chart. :)

E20FA230-09FC-4175-8ECD-F4256D962DC3.jpeg

Only your last race of the night counts, so if you get good points, bank them and don’t go again that evening. :)

Back