GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
image.jpeg
UPDATE:

The lease on "Lil Blue" ended late July. Unfortunately I was unable to keep it. But instead, I got me a new 2016 Focus SE for a 3 year lease. It's a base model, not many bells and whistles compared to Lil Blue. Fun car to drive though.

Last edited:
I rented one for a week and I really liked it. The automatic transmission was really aggressive in the fact that it was a tiny engine no I don't care how much you put your foot down I will not down shift. Good gas mileage!

Could you do anything fun with it on a lease?

2 1/2 Year Bump
My lease is almost up and I decided to buy it off when it's up.

So, I'm planning ahead on what kind of mods I could do to make it stand out. Anyone know where to look?

Going based on what people in the UK sometimes do, a few things could be;

Sport front bumper
LED front headlights
Front foglights
Painted sideskirts
Alloys from a higher trim level, possibly change colour to black or something

This ST-Line in the UK looks rather nice as much as I don't like Ford, not sure if there's an equivalent in the US but maybe you could source some parts.

There are more customization options for the hatchback Focus, but not much for the sedans.

There are LED taillights for a 2014 sedan and wondering if it can work for mine. They're basically the same shape and platform, so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

There are more customization options for the hatchback Focus, but not much for the sedans.

There are LED taillights for a 2014 sedan and wondering if it can work for mine. They're basically the same shape and platform, so I don't see a reason why it wouldn't.

Might be worth checking the factory part numbers - if they are the same it'll cross over on the aftermarket example. You can be surprised with funny differences like that between different trims. Honda Civic EGs were actually different lengths between the sedan and hatchback, with the corner lights actually not being the same size. Things like mirrors were different too (which you'd never expect). Doubt it will be the case with today's manufacturing, but I think it's the safest thing to do.

Surely aren't the front ends the same though? If it fits the front of a hatch it should fit a sedan. The wheels, too. Even the wheelbase might be the same so you never know the side skirts could fit, too.

Here are my minor plans for my "Ford-za"

Smoked LED Lights
Black Grille
Black Wheels (RS Styled preferably)

Yes I named my car Ford-za. I put a Forza sticker on my windshield, so that's where it came from :)

Update:

I found out about a company that makes ST kits for Sedans (SS Tuning). I might go with this option, just need to save a lot for the kit itself, shipping and installation.

Last edited:
Update:

I found out about a company that makes ST kits for Sedans (SS Tuning). I might go with this option, just need to save a lot for the kit itself, shipping and installation.

Oh god, that body kit is awesome!

I'm wanting to start doing cosmetic stuff for my car over the summer. To start off, I bought myself an UltraMotive sticker to represent JackUltraMotive :)

I think next will be wheels. Just need to find the right time when I'm not busy.

Update:

I found a good looking set of wheels:
119517301.png

Raceline Mystique 141B (16x7)

But with the recent explosion of new cases in my area I'm going to wait on that.

I also found some nice lights to go with them:
s-l400.gif

H1b89c673002d497fb036f7302c369f9cU.jpg_q50.jpg

Should I get them first or wait until I can get the wheels?

Ok, I got my light set. I swapped the headlights for cheaper Spyder ones. They work with no issues, but my tailights half work. I only installed the main light and only the brakes and night lights work. The turn signal doesn't work, though. I feel that if I plug in the trunk light, it should work since the other half of the turn signal is on it along with the reverse light.

Ok, I got my light set. I swapped the headlights for cheaper Spyder ones. They work with no issues, but my tailights half work. I only installed the main light and only the brakes and night lights work. The turn signal doesn't work, though. I feel that if I plug in the trunk light, it should work since the other half of the turn signal is on it along with the reverse light.

The Focus has a temperamental CANBUS system in it. I always had a hard time getting any kind of lights other than OEM ones to work properly. The best thing to do is if you have a voltmeter check and see if the turn signal is getting current. You might need to add in resistors.

Well, the lights came with conversion plugs, and my dad and I couldn't really figure out what goes where. We did manage to get the brakes and night lights, but the turn signals weren't on. We'll try again today.

EDIT:
Sending them back, there is just no way to get them to work. This makes a new lesson for me: Never use eBay...

Last edited:
Back