GTS closed beta 'dirty drivers' thread

• Thread starter Amaru
  • 8 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgium
Belgium
I'm not sure if there already is a thread where you can 'report' dirty drivers to the GTS community.

I tried using the search function but came up empty (if I missed the thread can a moderator move this post to that said thread? If so, thx in advance).

Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
If the GTS release is delayed it's because of the driver rating system. An 'S' rated driver shouldn't be awarded even more points simply for driving a clean sector on an oval with no other drivers anywhere remotely close to you. Terrible.

Yeah, that race had so much dirty driving and so many avoidable collisions. No way should those players all be rated "S". It seems to me that gaining SR is waaaay too quick in GTS, and causing collisions isn't penalized enough.

Yeah, that race had so much dirty driving and so many avoidable collisions. No way should those players all be rated "S". It seems to me that gaining SR is waaaay too quick in GTS, and causing collisions isn't penalized enough.

Another thought; rising in the rankings should become progressively more difficult the higher you get. And vice versa, the higher your rank the bigger the fall. Want to preserve that 'S' rating? There needs to be something that compels drivers to continue on the straight and narrow path after achieving a higher status.

I have to believe that PD is aware of this and just hasn't implemented it on the beta. Just look at the leveling system in GT5. Who remembers grinding for level 40. It was challenging and borderline brutal, but shouldn't an 'S' rating be for the best of the best in GTS?

Last edited:
Another thought; rising in the rankings should become progressively more difficult the higher you get. And vice versa, the higher your rank the bigger the fall. Want to preserve that 'S' rating? There needs to be something that compels drivers to continue on the straight and narrow path after achieving a higher status.

I have to believe that PD is aware of this and just hasn't implemented it on the beta. Just look at the leveling system in GT5. Who remembers grinding for level 40. It was challenging and borderline brutal, but shouldn't an 'S' rating be for the best of the best in GTS?

I need to have a look at my trophies but I think I was max level within 1 or 2 weeks of the game being released.

I think a big part of the problem is that collisions just don't involve any risk in GTS, besides now getting a minuscule SR downgrade. In real racing, drivers avoid collisions because they are extremely dangerous for everyone involved. Bumping someone ever so slightly can make them spin out and crash, puncture tires, lose important aero parts, etc. Scraping a wall on an oval ring at 250 km/h would rip the car's side off, but in GT it does NOTHING - there isn't even a velocity reduction! And driving through gravel or over grass also involves no risk in GTS, as the traction on those surfaces seems to be basically just as high as on tarmac. :(

It's a shame, because the on-road physics look quite good in GTS. But the complete lack of collision and off-track simulation makes it seem like Need For Speed.

I'm not sure if there already is a thread where you can 'report' dirty drivers to the GTS community.

I tried using the search function but came up empty (if I missed the thread can a moderator move this post to that said thread? If so, thx in advance).

Removed

Sorry to say dude, but yourself are not so clean, you the other drivers lots of times.
Here's a hint for you, use chase cam instead of cockpit view , because cockpit view has bad visibility and you are definitely struggling with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The reason for that is we don't do naming and shaming on GTPlanet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back