GTS Corrupt Save Data (need advice!) No backup if stored on servers?

• Thread starter Tvensky
  • 10 comments
Latvia
Riga, Latvia
Tvensky
Hello!

After playing GTS for couple of days now, had random "blue screen" error today after buying a car and then going into home screen.. after reloading game it says - "Corrupted data was discovered while loading your save data. Would you like to delete the corrupted save data? If you do not delete it, you can try reloading it. (No/Yes)"... restarting does not help, gives same message... since I have tons of great cars, money, liveries, photos and times ALL gold and in 1st place.. would be very, very, "SAD" to loose all that...

Question!:
Who had similar problem, what happens if you press "yes"?

this far my GTS is broken and I have to wait for PD to fix it..? Nickname - Tvensky, if you reading it PD.. ;) and I knew it from the start that online save and always online was and is a very bad choice... not to mention lack of racing tracks and historic cars..

I haven't figured out how the saving works yet. Even though it claims its an online save, there is a GTS gamesave on my PS4, actually 2 of them. One says its GTS settings and is quite large, the other is normal ~40MB size. I have been copying them off to USB drive as backup just incase of an issue like you have run into.
So you could try copying them off the PS4 to a USB, then deleting them, then start GTS to see if it gives you the last good save that was online?

Hello!

After playing GTS for couple of days now, had random "blue screen" error today after buying a car and then going into home screen.. after reloading game it says - "Corrupted data was discovered while loading your save data. Would you like to delete the corrupted save data? If you do not delete it, you can try reloading it. (No/Yes)"... restarting does not help, gives same message... since I have tons of great cars, money, liveries, photos and times ALL gold and in 1st place.. would be very, very, "SAD" to loose all that...

Question!:
Who had similar problem, what happens if you press "yes"?

this far my GTS is broken and I have to wait for PD to fix it..? Nickname - Tvensky, if you reading it PD.. ;) and I knew it from the start that online save and always online was and is a very bad choice... not to mention lack of racing tracks and historic cars..
The system has a local save file on it, most likely the servers also have a one so the corrupted data is only on your local file and not the server since you can't save without the online, logic dictates that your save file online is fine. Problem is we have no idea if follow the steps will it 1. download the data from the server to replace the one corrupted or 2 will it force you to start over. I think you should contact PD about how the game handles corrupted local save files. I stand to believe that if the game asks you to delete it that it will copy the last online save file to the local drive. Contact PD first to find out how the whole process works to be sure.
I think they need to create two separate profiles, this game save too damn much as it is.

Man that does suck. I hope you are able to save all your stuff! I never had the blue screen but did get a black screen while exiting a lobby. It stayed for a while and didnt do anything. I restarted my ps4 and luckily no harm was done.

I haven't figured out how the saving works yet. Even though it claims its an online save, there is a GTS gamesave on my PS4, actually 2 of them. One says its GTS settings and is quite large, the other is normal ~40MB size. I have been copying them off to USB drive as backup just incase of an issue like you have run into.
So you could try copying them off the PS4 to a USB, then deleting them, then start GTS to see if it gives you the last good save that was online?

Thanks, but sadly the large file (over 240Mb) is the one which is corrupted and I cant copy or select it.. the other one is 39 Mb and I made a backup everywhere, but its too late for me, anyone else should backup the large file, small save game backups automatically in online storage, but the large one dont, and thats the one I need to start the game... gonna try and take the "Yes" answer and fingers crossed in game credits and cars stay intact....... :nervous:

The system has a local save file on it, most likely the servers also have a one so the corrupted data is only on your local file and not the server since you can't save without the online, logic dictates that your save file online is fine. Problem is we have no idea if follow the steps will it 1. download the data from the server to replace the one corrupted or 2 will it force you to start over. I think you should contact PD about how the game handles corrupted local save files. I stand to believe that if the game asks you to delete it that it will copy the last online save file to the local drive. Contact PD first to find out how the whole process works to be sure.
I think they need to create two separate profiles, this game save too damn much as it is.

I hope it will have a backup online, contacting PD at this moment when the game is released must be pointless, it could take several weeks...

lets hope that huge file is about liveries, replays and pictures... still quite important, time consuming stuff.. will report after some time how it went!

EDIT: Still hope anyone has a solution for this or been through and seen the consequence of the "Yes" (delete my corrupt save) button...

Last edited:
Interesting that you can't copy it. Would love to hear how things turn out for you, if it happened to you already, it will happen to a lot of people I bet.

Interesting that you can't copy it. Would love to hear how things turn out for you, if it happened to you already, it will happen to a lot of people I bet.

It cant be copied because it is shown as - corrupted data.
Since all I did is got a car at the dealership, got out of it, saving process began and didnt finish because of the error...

Thankfully PD made a backup at online servers, which means that online save game is something like a backup and mostly used for Sports mode or something... I got my credits and cars in place..

When you press "yes" it deletes save game, and then checks online and recreates new save game, if anything will be missing I will report..

Hope new patch will make the game more stable, because I got about 5 or more blue screen errors in 2 days, all times while in menus...

EDIT: after it recreates save game, it defaults all settings at the start of the game making it look like brand new save, so not everything is the same..

I will make backups anyway, it could help if online data will get corrupt too.. :)

Last edited:
I can't even load the game. Get the blue screen as soon as I start the game. Doesn't tell me anything about corrupted data just get an error code and my game won't start.

So basically game is worthless to me now without a fix From PD

I would try what @z06fun suggested. If it doesn't work and you have to delete your save game, DR and SR will still be untouched, as you left them.

Other than that, like money and cars will be probably gone.

Back