GTS Endurance Races

Do you like Endurance Racing?

• Nope, to long to stay on one single track.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Indiana USA
tmsheehan
Have you tried to run one of these endurance races (I love endurance racing)? If so, what were your results?

I ran the Porsche Series today (Tokyo track) twice, 30 laps each time. First run using a stock car (no tuning at all) and had tremendous success - Last place and only lapped by the top 8 cars. I did make it as high as twelfth using fuel setting 6 which allowed me to stay out longer on track than the bottom half of the field (at least until they returned on the track after pit stops).

Second race I tuned the car the best I could, used some fuel savings at certain points on the track and brought it in at a respectable 10th.

My question to all is have you had the same experiences running the endurance races? Is it probable all the endurance races will be tough to get gold?

Have you tried to run one of these endurance races (I love endurance racing)? If so, what were your results?

I ran the Porsche Series today (Tokyo track) twice, 30 laps each time. First run using a stock car (no tuning at all) and had tremendous success - Last place and only lapped by the top 8 cars. I did make it as high as twelfth using fuel setting 6 which allowed me to stay out longer on track than the bottom half of the field (at least until they returned on the track after pit stops).

Second race I tuned the car the best I could, used some fuel savings at certain points on the track and brought it in at a respectable 10th.

My question to all is have you had the same experiences running the endurance races? Is it probable all the endurance races will be tough to get gold?

AFAIK, the AI only use hard Tires, so all you have to do is use softs and you win every time, the AI are terribly slow in this game. :)

AFAIK, the AI only use hard Tires, so all you have to do is use softs and you win every time, the AI are terribly slow in this game. :)

Yes this is the way to go, I have done a couple of these usually using Soft compound tyres, I always watch the fuel stops though.

In the case of the recently added Gr3 Nurburgring 60 min race the first AI cars pit on Lap 5 so I went for Lap 4 for fuel and tyres and then I finished over a minute ahead of the pack though I did see some cars on Medium compound rather than always hards.

I don't know if it's something that's been changed in recent updates but I definitely saw all three compounds being used in my recent endurance races. AI's still terrible but they use more than hards.

Custom Race AI are different to GT League scripts. Definitely prefer setting up my own races.

The Endurance races are good for Cr/MP/EP. Gr.3 Bathurst, has the worse AI. From the Cutting through Sulman, they crawl.

I would like real endurance races...like those GT got in older games....1000km,9H,24H...

The AI in GT isn't quite a challenge either.

30 laps or 60min is for me an normal race,just like those we race in online racing leagues.

For offline endurance racing this gen i go with Project cars 2,that game has 6H WEC races,24H nurburgring,24H le Mans,24H classic le Mans and more...

Yes this is the way to go, I have done a couple of these usually using Soft compound tyres, I always watch the fuel stops though.

In the case of the recently added Gr3 Nurburgring 60 min race the first AI cars pit on Lap 5 so I went for Lap 4 for fuel and tyres and then I finished over a minute ahead of the pack though I did see some cars on Medium compound rather than always hards.
For the latest addition to the endurance races (the Gr 3 Nurburgring race) I followed my normal approach of running a completely stock car with hard tyres.

I ran 4 laps before pitting, then ran the final 5 laps on another set of hards. All the other cars pitted twice and I finished a minute and a half ahead of second place.

I've never used soft tyres in any of the endurance races...

OP has an attitude that isnt typical. I used to think back in 2018 what kind of guy would sit at the console for an hour at a time with these races.

I think for many if you want to race for an hour you want to win... or you've 'wasted' an hour.

They all really arent too hard but you do need to prep, especially for the single make races like the terrible x2019 series.

If you dont want to 'waste' your time coming 2nd then you want to have the max power car, max weight saving, a good tune in it and you need to know the track... you also do well to fiddle with the fuel map settings to best minimise your fuel stops.

Also I usually always do RH tyres except if there's a home stretch and you can bang on softs and really kill the AI or you know that a track suits RS tyres.

Some people find that smooth driving with an x2019 on softs on some circuits works... obvious ones would be Monza, maybe Spa.

I also find the 1hr endurances is a good way to force yourself to learn a track. I did the 25 laps of Bathurst and I really feel I learnt something... and I've driven this track in real life!

Overall I feel like the endurances have really made me more knowledgable of the tracks. If you're forced to run them for an hour in quasi race conditions then you learn quick.

Prior to GT Sport enduros I did not know many of the tracks that well. That's something positive.

I've won all of them that I've entered.

My approach is to tune the car for each track in Time Trial mode, then when I can't go any faster, start the enduro race. When the race starts, I set the engine mapping to its leanest setting and work my way through the field. With this method, you will do less stops than the AI, and you can double stint your tires (unless you use racing soft/super soft). The only downside is the AI will blow past you on a straight if it's long enough. However, when you draft behind them, you will use less fuel.

The current GT3 1hr Nurburgring endurance is pretty difficult... for people who are really good at this they will walk it in.

But the best I've done so far is 2nd in the Mazda RX Vision.

Anyone who can do this is pretty far up the curve.

Just finished the 30 laps at Monza in the Red Bull Endurance Series and have only one more race left until I've golded all GT League events. I took the lead in lap 10 and had lapped everybody by lap 22. It's been said before, but the fact how slow the AI is takes all pitting strategy out of the equation. And I'm not even an overly fast driver (I peaked out at DR A, and that's only with road cars because I can't control anything from Gr.3 upwards online). You can't even detune your car to a lower class to get more prize money. I just put on soft tyres and go as fast as I can. Therefore it's usually low fuel that makes me pit and not bad tyres. Most of the endurance races are designed to take roughly an hour, although some last only about 45 minutes. It's also disappointing that after such a long race you don't even get a full results leaderboard showing the final time and number of laps of each car. All in all I am pleased with the endurance races to be only an hour long because if there were any 24h races in GT League I would definitely not complete them. The last games that had such races were GT4 and GT5 and those I only completed thanks to B-Spec mode.

The current GT3 1hr Nurburgring endurance is pretty difficult... for people who are really good at this they will walk it in.

But the best I've done so far is 2nd in the Mazda RX Vision.

Anyone who can do this is pretty far up the curve.
I'd like to be 'pretty far up the curve', but I am only average at best. Even so, I completed the Nurburgring endurance without any difficulty using the Citroen.

As mentioned in an earlier post, other than turning off Traction Control, I ran the car in completely standard form with hard tyres. I pitted after 4 laps then ran the final 5 laps on another set of hard tyres. All the other cars pitted twice and I finished a minute and a half ahead of second place.

Working my way through these - quite fun and reasonably lucrative (400-450k odd credits feels nice at the end!)

GR3 - mostly easy - Nurburging is tricky as going off there can cost 10 seconds plus. Autopolis is quite technical with the off camber corners. Used the AMG GT, medium tyres and map1 most of the time.

GR1 - only done Le Mans but was a doddle. Used the R390. Some people might be tempted to cut the esses at the end of the lap ;)

Porsche - very tricky - cannot use power advantage here. Nurburging 24h was an absolute pig - AI is quite aggressive and if you get stuck behind them it's very annoying.

Red Bull - not done yet

With the 911 GT3 series you can 'cheat'... there's no reason why you cant run an N600 car... sure you get less prize money but its not substantially less IIRC... I think $340,000?

If you're lazy you can just use an N600 911 and run FM6 to the end for an easy win.

In my playings of the GT3 class, N500 is an ok win. 540hp with a tune you should have no issues.

N400 is close to impossible on just about every track as the AI seems to be too much for 440hp.

Back