GTS G29 break deadzone

  • Thread starter Thread starter oik01
  • 2 comments
  • 1,521 views
Messages
160
Has anyone noticed a braking deadzone at the beginning of breaking with the G29? I noticed that my breaking times were a lot slower than some people online and then realized that it takes a little significant time of me pressing down on the break for any breaking to register. The first sign of breaking happens despite significant movement of the breaks. I know this may be intended to help people rest their legs on the pedal but it takes a lot of pushing before any first sign of a break signal. On the flip side, when coming off the breaks gradually, its difficult to know exactly how much to be pushing because I can be pushing pretty hard down on the break and there would be no breaking registering. Any fix to this? I am sure it is slowing me down quite a bit.
 
Havn't noticed, but i'll be racing when I get home from work so i'll have a look and report back.
 
Well, if there is any deadzone it's so small that it's barely noticeable.

You don't happen to have your foot on the brake as the wheel calibrates when you switch on your PlayStation?
 
Last edited:
Back