GTS is in an unplayable state!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 23 comments
  • 1,705 views
Messages
4,917
Germany
Berlin, Germany
Messages
bmxmitch1
All thanks to the "online everything" PD forced on us!

I really want to love this game, but with all the server issues, crashes and bugs it's pretty much unplayable for me right now.
I don't even want to start endurance races, because I'm too scared to get another server crash.

As long as PD wont fix their ****, I'm chilling in the box and listen to the menu music.

edit: I dont really had crashes during a race, but right after them it disconnects from the servers. this is not my internet connection btw, its PD!
But I guess I just got unlucky?
Either way, the online saving ruins a lot IMO

update: I re-installed the whole game. It didn't change anything! Except, my picture and replays are gone again (except the ones I uploaded)
Also, sport races keep crashing too when it starts to find opponents. I'm done for now
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No problems here so far this week!
 
All thanks to the "online everything" PD forced on us!

I really want to love this game, but with all the server issues, crashes and bugs it's pretty much unplayable for me right now.
I don't even want to start endurance races, because I'm too scared to get another server crash.

As long as PD wont fix their ****, I'm chilling in the box and listen to the menu music.
I am sadly and slowly drifting away from this is a very good game because of the server, also the offline save and PD should bring it back, so you can save your progress while playing offline due to srever maintenance or your internet going down.
If there were and offline save for GT Sports l will rate this game 10/10.
 
No issues here, everything working fine.
 
I did a lot of online/offline races and encountered only 2 deconnections. The game is playable, really. Maybe your internet connection has problems?
 
Done over 20 races. Only disconnects ive had were after a update but they fixxed that pretty fast. No problems since.

Could it be your connection ? What NAT-Type are u on.
 
Played over 30 races since launch and had one disconnect (which was actually during quali).

Never had a drop mid-race.

Check your internet and, like you should with ALL racing games, play on a wired connection - not wifi.
 
Same here, mines been fine for a while now..
 
Played over 30 races since launch and had one disconnect (which was actually during quali).

Never had a drop mid-race.

Check your internet and, like you should with ALL racing games, play on a wired connection - not wifi.

I always play wired and never had issues with my internet. But PD keeps disconnecting me over and over... (Not midrace luckily, but afterwards)
 
On the whole I don't really have any server issues - only during the first day or two.
 
Seems like I'm the only one with constant crashes!? :odd:
Reinstalling the game didn't do anything btw...
 
cant connect to server loads for me, music is terrible in the game
 
Seems like I'm the only one with constant crashes!? :odd:
Reinstalling the game didn't do anything btw...
Could it be the speed of your internet or your router dropping the connection if it's over-run?

I've been playing flawlessly during closed beta, open beta and then the real game. Only had one disconnection in that time, which I think is pretty acceptable.
 
As others have said, I've been playing for 30+ hours since launch and more than that including beta and have been disconnected just once at the beginning of a race?
 
I don't even want to start endurance races, because I'm too scared to get another server crash.
If you're talking about Arcade then it's not a big problem. Once the race is finished and you're disconnected, just reconnect and it saves. It won't work with updates rolling in. Had that with 1.03, hours of racing lost because you have to close the game for the update to install.
 
I have over 30 hours logged in this version of the game, haven't had a crash or disconnect yet.
 
Anyone else having issues with achievements? I've enough log-ins and likes for two achievements, yet neither has arrived...
 
The reason why it's unplayable? Because it only has eight rental cars in arcade mode and Polyphony aren't doing anything yet to make all the cars in the game as rental cars in arcade mode.
 
The reason why it's unplayable? Because it only has eight rental cars in arcade mode and Polyphony aren't doing anything yet to make all the cars in the game as rental cars in arcade mode.
You can use your garage cars, you know.
 
Anyone else having issues with achievements? I've enough log-ins and likes for two achievements, yet neither has arrived...
These three Achievements are wonky.

The Likes (Photos, Liveries) are actually the Likes you give out, not receive, despite what the description says.
The logins one is bugged for everyone (as you can see from the number of threads created for it, and here).
 
Back