GTS offline vs online Handling

United States
United States
If this has already been discussed I apologize in advance.

I, along with few fellow friends have noticed that offline vs online handling is stiffer in bad way and breaking is needed way longer and sooner. Like on ice. That happens with online. Offline is super smooth and responsive.

I'm using ds4. Settings are same both on/offline.

I've thought this loads of times, even between Practice > Quali > Race is can feel a little different from time to time. However, just the other day in Sport mode, I got pole and was pretty consistent. Ran a shocking first few laps from what felt like low-grip rear tyres, I somehow kept 1st (just, lost it for a moment), however once I calmed down from the nerves I was running laps just like normal and pulled a 9s lead in the 6 laps I had left. I think that most of the differences are either initially cold tyres and/or nerves and/or being in or out "the zone".

I've thought this loads of times, even between Practice > Quali > Race is can feel a little different from time to time. However, just the other day in Sport mode, I got pole and was pretty consistent. Ran a shocking first few laps from what felt like low-grip rear tyres, I somehow kept 1st (just, lost it for a moment), however once I calmed down from the nerves I was running laps just like normal and pulled a 9s lead in the 6 laps I had left. I think that most of the differences are either initially cold tyres and/or nerves and/or being in or out "the zone".
Sorry for double post

But no, I even tried timing and gears ect. Same track tested as well. I took these into factors as well as for any race on or offline.

I have found, in a certain situation at least, the time of day matters a great deal to grip levels.

I can’t explain why as I can’t verify temps but evening and night times are definitely less grippy for a good few laps than midday etc

It could be the weather conditions for that track and also the time of day for that event. I have not check this out as yet, cloudy versus a clear sky and is there a difference in grip.

I have wondered about it, but not clear enough to be sure.. time of day and tire temps seems to be a thing tho.

They seem to have fixed the actual bug that was in shortly after launch, where in daily races you would suddenly randomly find you were driving a car 5 seconds a lap slower than everyone else at least.

The only time I've felt a difference between online and offline is when tire wear is on. It feels exactly the same to me otherwise.

I have found, in a certain situation at least, the time of day matters a great deal to grip levels.

I can’t explain why as I can’t verify temps but evening and night times are definitely less grippy for a good few laps than midday etc
It could be a possibility. Does not always seem to happen. If I remember I tested sunrise vs midday. Seems midday would be better tho.

So yesterday I used my '17 skyline in Arcade tuning it then did a few lobby races and noticed the "ice effect" again repeatedly. Making me mad lol. But kinda wondering if a lobby race issue. Sports mode seems fine, but hard to tell with different cars and bop's.

Back