GTS Sport Mode (HELP)!...

• Thread starter Chris30
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
rising_glass1
Hey, this forum is about Gran Turismo Sport only! To all you users who are playing it I really need some help. I have two more trophies to get in Sport Mode then I will unlock the Platinum trophy. I need about 28-30 pole positions and 67 wins to achieve this goal. I have tried doing everything I can to my ability, but I can't do this alone, I need your help guys! I am not doing the Daily C races much, I'm primarily focusing on the A/B races which are quicker.

I have some replays of using MT if you all want to look and give me feedback/any tips you know that can save me time. I'm at Monza trying to get a time under 1'57.000, but it's gonna take a while. Let me know if you guys see this, I turned 32 in September and have autism so it takes me longer to get the concept of stuff. I'm excellent at math/calculus. I have minimal family support, it's just me, my mom and grandpa. I have a few aunts and uncles, but some of them are narcissistic and talk/gossip about us. But anyways, this is the reason I came to GTplanet was to find a network of friends. I don't have any here where I live.

Here is my video below, I will post more as people comment on here, so wish me luck. I'm going on a quest to be the best driver on the planet/galaxy! And to be the best person to my family.

I feel pretty hopeless right now, my DR went from a B back down to a mid D.

Last edited:
I feel pretty hopeless right now, my DR went from a B back down to a mid D.
Which is the best way to achieve it.

Tank your DR by tanking your SR, beat up the lower DR grids for easy wins. If your DR gets too high from all the winning, tank your SR again. There's zero need to feel bad about it as everything actually competitive has moved on to GT7 and GTS has no relevance any more.

The only problem you'll face is other people doing the same thing.

I too am a couple of trophies shy of platinum. For me, it's 45 more wins and level 50.

Ran the Suzuka race a bit and never saw a grid larger than seven. Grids don't seem to be sorted by DR/SR now, it is more like however many players are on at the moment are thrown into the same race. One grid was A+, B, C & D drivers with safety ratings ranging from S to C and everything in between. I'll try again at a different time of day to see if the grids are larger. Really don't want to tank my DR unless it's the only option.

Yeah, I guess that's the best route. Anyone else have any advice.
For the first and second chicane, try braking earlier. In the video, you are braking past the double cones entering the chicane perhaps a bit too hot. This leads to missing the apex of the second kink, resulting in less than optimum exit. Also, you are losing a lot of time on the up-shifts.

The way I achieved the pole position trophy was shortly after GT7 launched and less people were in GTsport, waited until the new daily races were posted and and set a decent qualifying time (for a B/S driver) in the wee hours of the morning. This put me on pole 90% of the races. Ran races until the A+/S drivers started showing up. Down side to this method was lack of sleep :lol:.

I too am a couple of trophies shy of platinum. For me, it's 45 more wins and level 50.

Ran the Suzuka race a bit and never saw a grid larger than seven. Grids don't seem to be sorted by DR/SR now, it is more like however many players are on at the moment are thrown into the same race. One grid was A+, B, C & D drivers with safety ratings ranging from S to C and everything in between. I'll try again at a different time of day to see if the grids are larger. Really don't want to tank my DR unless it's the only option.

For the first and second chicane, try braking earlier. In the video, you are braking past the double cones entering the chicane perhaps a bit too hot. This leads to missing the apex of the second kink, resulting in less than optimum exit. Also, you are losing a lot of time on the up-shifts.

The way I achieved the pole position trophy was shortly after GT7 launched and less people were in GTsport, waited until the new daily races were posted and and set a decent qualifying time (for a B/S driver) in the wee hours of the morning. This put me on pole 90% of the races. Ran races until the A+/S drivers started showing up. Down side to this method was lack of sleep :lol:.
Thanks for the feedback, do you know of any other friends/members here that can help me. Getting the gist of that first chicane can be a time-saver. There's only 6 days left before the races switch to three new tracks.

Last edited:
Having now finished the competitive part of GTS I can say that the key is not to tank DR but more importantly SR.
The game now matches people of various DR, but in the more populated hours like during the day or the evenings when more people play there is a split between people with higher DR and SR and those with lower ratings in both categories. Lowering SR also means DR is getting a hit.
Lower ranked players are mostly slower drivers, but there is a risk of rammers and more dirty drivers ofcourse. But those "lower" lobbies are generally easier to get a pole or a win (if you can build a good gap in the first corners to escape ramming or punting).

Tanking SR means getting penalties and behaving irresponsibly. I just waited in a single spot driving in circles, then turned back and drove into incoming traffic. You won't do them harm because in that moment your car is ghosting (beware of getting DQ'ed if you drive backwards for longer), but your SR will be red at the end of the race which means it's decreasing. After several races like that you can try to match during the afternoons and evenings when there is bigger player base and you should get easier grids. But as always, practicing a good race pace is also important, that races won't win by themselves.

Having now finished the competitive part of GTS I can say that the key is not to tank DR but more importantly SR.
The game now matches people of various DR, but in the more populated hours like during the day or the evenings when more people play there is a split between people with higher DR and SR and those with lower ratings in both categories. Lowering SR also means DR is getting a hit.
Lower ranked players are mostly slower drivers, but there is a risk of rammers and more dirty drivers ofcourse. But those "lower" lobbies are generally easier to get a pole or a win (if you can build a good gap in the first corners to escape ramming or punting).

Tanking SR means getting penalties and behaving irresponsibly. I just waited in a single spot driving in circles, then turned back and drove into incoming traffic. You won't do them harm because in that moment your car is ghosting (beware of getting DQ'ed if you drive backwards for longer), but your SR will be red at the end of the race which means it's decreasing. After several races like that you can try to match during the afternoons and evenings when there is bigger player base and you should get easier grids. But as always, practicing a good race pace is also important, that races won't win by themselves.
Thanks for the info, so that's why I saw the SR symbol red, but it was when I got 1-2 penalties in a race. Well I've got a little over 3 months to reach my goal if I can.

Latest Posts

Back