GTS the Driver hands...

Netherlands
Netherlands
R4M_Rossocorsa
Im sure people notice and complained about this before, but whats up with the Driver hands on the steering wheels?

They are so wierd and wrong possitioned on the wheels... We must let Polyphony know to update this.

Like the hands are Pushing the KERS buttons all the time like in a Mclaren P1 or something.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:
It has been mentoined that the hands are positioned like this because Japanese drivers do it like this too in order to avoid thumb breaking or worse during crashes.
Another small detail that shows this is a Japanese made game. I'm not saying good or bad, but it's clear where it comes from. Same as how Project Cars 2 has more European tracks than any other continent and Forza has more American cars than the others. It would be nice if they had a more open worldly approach but whatevers

The position of the hands is very good but the speed of the animation is what bothers me, when the car is going straight after a turn the hands are still returning from the curve, its akward.

The position of the hands is very good but the speed of the animation is what bothers me, when the car is going straight after a turn the hands are still returning from the curve, its akward.
Thats happens when playing with a Controller, with a Steering wheel the turn radius is in sync better. Game is more made for Steering wheels which you can do the best.

Always, always keep your thumbs out. As a real life racer for 8 years, this is steering wheel 101.
You still see so much and many drivers' hands positioned the ''normal way'' in the thumb area of the Steering wheels alot. So I guess not aways its better or necessarry to move you thumbs like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure people notice and complained about this before, but whats up with the Driver hands on the steering wheels?

They are so wierd and wrong possitioned on the wheels... We must let Polyphony know to update this.

Like the hands are Pushing the KERS buttons all the time like in a Mclaren P1 or something.
I need to adopt this driving style, this game is killing my right wrist.

I’m calling bs on this.... sure it’ll break your thumb/hand in a crash, no argument there. But the way the driver holds the wheel in GTsport isn’t the “normal” way of holding a wheel in a race car.

To prevent injury, a) crash less and b) let go of the wheel when you do ;)

Proof from F1, Indycar, DTM, Super GT, LMP1, GT3:
729E05E0-1E99-47DA-AE77-2F189C005FB1.jpeg B0DE4059-0AB4-4FF6-93E9-0B713743FC40.jpeg B9C55ED4-ABF3-4E6A-844D-BA94C703B6E4.jpeg 7B5A85BB-E72C-4965-8AE4-99C8CFF4F99E.png 8BD3FE68-3E30-43FD-8035-AA7BAA0849EC.jpeg 08BE65D6-1191-441C-9D4F-9677F41EC847.jpeg

The hand position in GTsport needs fixing, because it looks ridiculous and is just incorrect.

I’m calling bs on this.... sure it’ll break your thumb/hand in a crash, no argument there. But the way the driver holds the wheel in GTsport isn’t the “normal” way of holding a wheel in a race car.

View attachment 789675 View attachment 789676 View attachment 789677 View attachment 789678 View attachment 789679 View attachment 789680

The hand position in GTsport needs fixing, because it looks ridiculous and is just incorrect.

The hand position is right for road cars,nothing wrong or weird with that,for race cars it does look weird and PD just used the same hand animation for all cars.

View attachment 789675 View attachment 789676 View attachment 789677 View attachment 789678 View attachment 789679 View attachment 789680

There's a difference between holding a normal, round wheel, which is shown in the OP, and the correct way, and holding a bespoke racing wheel like the examples above. Both aren't wrong and the teachings of get the thumbs/hands off the wheel still apply when a crash occurs.

For the next Gran Turismo Andy should just hold the wheel with one hand like CJ with maxed driving skill in GTA San Andreas

This is also the same philosophy behind driving a 4wd offroad (like a real proper body on frame 4wd).

Thumbs out in case rough terrain jerks the wheel ending in you having broken thumbs.

Back