GTS Tuning App

• Thread starter Gcturbo
  • 18 comments
I'm not. Too busy with real life and the tuning in Sport is less "gamey" so it's not so app friendly in my opinion.

IMG_1577.PNG IMG_1578.PNG
These were my equalizers.

Putting these two together because I don't people connected my post to my tuning app. I honestly think the folks at PD made the suspension tuning more convoluted to dissuade apps.

Very true, especially with not knowing the car's individual weight balance.
Then there's guessing the Hz for spring load. Have fun with researching about that equation

Just my 2 cents:
Cars and car's physics in GTSport by their very nature , are not connected with each others in a way to apply settings patterns.
For exemple , you will find a FR car reacting like a RR car , or a MR car showing more under steer than another FF car ....

Most of the cars in GTS , around 50%, have a good base tune , much more than in olders GT games , but there is still a too big proportion for a tuning APP doing the job.

For this happening , you'll need physics patterns and reliable physic conection between all cars.
Considering basic physic like:
Weight x power
Weight repartition
Grip level
Downforce level

But also mechanical's physic interpretation:
Tire's physics differents between 2 similars cars have to match.
How the torque and power are transmitted to the ground . (Differents results for same kind of cars) .... and a lot more parameters.

Perhaps the only solution would be an APP giving a note from 1 to 10 to several parameters and behaviors and on this base , applying a given setting through a tuning APP.
Anyway , the result would be very rough , just another base tune to be refined.
Just my humble opinion.

Hey there,

I've created an Excel file to quickly setup your transmission based on this video technique I'd found on YouTube.

It's not a tuning app but it will definitely speed up your setup, and it actually works, I can gain acceleration and get better lap times just from tuning the transmission alone on my cars.
I'll just shared it in case anybody wants it.

Cheers!!

Attachments

• Transmission set up sheet.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 227
Back