GTS Vs PC2....PC1 drove me nuts...is it better???

• Thread starter jpine324
  • 10 comments
United States
Illinois
jpine324
Hey All, PC1 drove me nuts...the track limits were crazy and drove me to a point where I didn't want to play it. Now I'm not a corner cutter or anything like...but in PC1 if you drove wide and touched grass...BAM invalid lap time. And that drove me crazy.

Is it better in PC2?? I need road america and I know it will not come to GTS..

Some input would be nice..

Thanks ALL

Track limits are fine now. It really does stick to the 2 wheels inside the white line rule and is quite relaxed in most spots.

I only started with PC2 a few weeks ago, after getting bored of GTS. It's nowhere near as polished (presentation/loading times/UI), but the physics are on another level all together.

Brilliant car and track selection.

Thanks for the update....ROAD AMERICA HERE I COME!!

A word of warning — it's still recognizably Road America, but IMO, the version in PCARS2 feels slightly off, particularly in elevations. For comparison purposes:

IIRC, RA isn't one of the laser-scanned tracks in the game. And admittedly, elevation is a hard thing for any game to truly get across to the player. But as someone who only recently really became a fan of the track (originally hated it when I first tried it in Forza, now one of my favourites in that game), I wanted to point it out.

PCARS2 is a great complement to GTS. There's none of that hop-in-and-play feel that Sport Mode provides, but it counters with an engaging single player mode, and as @Stotty said, the car and track selection is superb. Even with all of its updates, I'd say GT Sport's car list isn't quite as good (though it is arguably more varied), and no other console racer comes close to PCARS2 in terms of tracks. Both do different things very well indeed.

And yeah, track limits are much better now. I also prefer the game's penalty approach; if you do breach the limits, a warning to let any cars past that you took spots from is more straight-forward than a "slow down" message that doesn't give you any indication of how slow it really means.

Hey All, PC1 drove me nuts...the track limits were crazy and drove me to a point where I didn't want to play it.
Also if you prefer, you can switch track limit penalties off.

You could switch them off in P CARS 1 as well, which I did straight away.

A word of warning — it's still recognizably Road America, but IMO, the version in PCARS2 feels slightly off, particularly in elevations. For comparison purposes:

IIRC, RA isn't one of the laser-scanned tracks in the game. And admittedly, elevation is a hard thing for any game to truly get across to the player. But as someone who only recently really became a fan of the track (originally hated it when I first tried it in Forza, now one of my favourites in that game), I wanted to point it out.

PCARS2 is a great complement to GTS. There's none of that hop-in-and-play feel that Sport Mode provides, but it counters with an engaging single player mode, and as @Stotty said, the car and track selection is superb. Even with all of its updates, I'd say GT Sport's car list isn't quite as good (though it is arguably more varied), and no other console racer comes close to PCARS2 in terms of tracks. Both do different things very well indeed.

And yeah, track limits are much better now. I also prefer the game's penalty approach; if you do breach the limits, a warning to let any cars past that you took spots from is more straight-forward than a "slow down" message that doesn't give you any indication of how slow it really means.

Thanks for that video... I see what you mean. I will be picking this one up sometime!! I was at RA this last weekend for the IMSA race and it was incredible as always!! Going back up again in a few weeks for Nascar--booo, and Stadium Super trucks- never seen and I am pumped!!

Unless it's changed since I last played, you'll still get lap times disallowed if you go too far off in qualifying or a time attack run though(unless you go REALLY slow). And the game will invalidate your next lap for going off in the last sector even if it wouldn't give you an advantage out of the final turn(don't ever carelessly drift off track on Döttinger Höhe if you value your sanity). I'd love to see a game that can accurately limit that to just the last couple of truly relevant corners but none ever seems to.

It is much more forgiving about giving you actual penalties in races for it than it was before they tweaked the system in an update. And for the most part, the limits are where they should be now(some are too touchy, some are too forgiving... like any game). I think they did change some of the limits to be a bit better as well. It kind of needs to disallow a time if it's not within the boundaries though. In the real world there is more lee-way given because real people can watch and determine if anything was really gained but it's hard for the game to make a complex decision about that. Too many online hotlappers would abuse every little thing they could if it didn't just disqualify the time for any infraction.

It is FAR less obnoxious about it than pCARS 1 was though. There's always room for improvement but IMO it's pretty good as it is.

Also, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it will still disallow a time if penalties are off. There's just no other penalty beyond that. Straightlining chicanes or using track cut-off roads should never be allowed so I'm okay with that.

If you are used to GTS's extremely lax track cutting and curb abusing system by now, it doesn't matter much how tough PC1 felt. You have already been spoiled!

GTS's almost track width rumble strips and runoff areas have changed the game for the worse, IMO. There is so much passing with four wheels outside the white lines, it barely resembles racing any more. There is so much opportunity to use the rumbles and runoff compared to GT6. PD pandering to their base, I suppose...

PC2 simply suffers from the AI being allowed to race beyond boundaries that give you a penalty. GTS is the opposite... Their AI doesn't take nearly as much track cut and four off as you are allowed, giving you a huge advantage (over an AI that is the slowest in the business already).

I cannot fathom why either system is a good idea. Same boundaries for all should be the way. That way, you can prepare for online by getting good against the AI and you don't have to adjust to different lines.

Back