GTS vs PC2 thoughts

• Thread starter Helmethead
  • 14 comments
United States
Georgia
Helmethead1031
I’ve mentioned before I’ve only been playing GTS for about 7wks and I love it. So out of curiosity tonight, i loaded up PC2 and ran hot laps at Laguna just to see if the difference was noticeable and it was interesting.

First let me say this is not a thread about which game is better because i think they are very different and can’t be fairly compared. What i did notice was how difficult PC2 was initially after not playing it for months and only playing GTS. Braking points were different and habits i had developed in GTS (letting off gas and drifting through the start of the apex) did not work in PC2. I spent the first few laps just running off the track and completely missing my points. It was frustrating! Once i got back in the flow the driving felt solid but i couldn’t help but think how much harder PC2 can be when it maybe shouldn’t be. The only way i can describe it is GTS driving is less stressful which i think makes for better online racing. PC2 felt like a chore the entire time and one minor mistake would cause severe time lost. That said, i was 3 seconds faster in the BMW Z4 GT3 car at Laguna on PC2 but felt relief and not joy!

So my question is this, for any of you guys who play both, how do you adjust your driving techniques from one game to the other and stay consistent? Part of me thinks practicing on PC2 would help me in GTS but the feeling is so drastically different in each game I’m not sure it helps. And for those of you who play both and are competitive in both, how in the hell do you do it?

Sorry took so long to reply but yes there are A LOT of things that I took from PC2 and helped me as a driver in GTSPORT. I can attest that it is one of the reasons I am very consistent, and with managing tire wear. It does take a lot of patience to be fast in project cars i will say that.

And I was not Fast overnight in project cars 2 at all.

If you are ever bored on a Monday night this is the group I usually run with. pc2 they are all very down to earth guys who love to crack jokes and have a good time.

I may do that I kinda was wondering if I could get better at pc2 if it would translate to gts in possibly making me more consistent is what I’m curious about

No thanks To @Jw_wk1010 his router blew up and killed the entire room and pushed the whole event back by like 15 minutes lol...that night was a blast though

No thanks To @Jw_wk1010 his router blew up and killed the entire room and pushed the whole event back by like 15 minutes lol...that night was a blast though
I had to come save the day! Hahahahaha just don't finish last damnit! Lol....fun race and good guys over there man

I've been curious as to if pcars is worth buying and if I would need to buy all the dlcs to race in the leagues

I've been curious as to if pcars is worth buying and if I would need to buy all the dlcs to race in the leagues

I would say it is worth buying. I own it but had to delete it off the system for space and because I stopped playing it for a while. But it is still a great game.

I also am not great at making car setups so I always played with whatever setup was on the car. THat makes it a bit more challenging as well Lol

IMO it’s definitely worth the purchase. You just have to know what you are getting yourself into. You will spend an insane amount of time toying with setups. I’ve scoured the internet and different forums looking for car tunes and ffb settings. I really like the feel but it’s different than GTS. Much higher learning curve but the FFB also tells you more about what the car is doing and you can really “feel” the loss of grip, understeer, etc. so it has taught me to recognize what the car is doing and how hard i can push the car. With all that said, i find GTS to be a more enjoyable online experience. I’ve never purchased all the DLC but i was never fully active online either so i can’t speak to whether it’s a must to purchase the DLC.

IMO it’s definitely worth the purchase. You just have to know what you are getting yourself into. You will spend an insane amount of time toying with setups. I’ve scoured the internet and different forums looking for car tunes and ffb settings. I really like the feel but it’s different than GTS. Much higher learning curve but the FFB also tells you more about what the car is doing and you can really “feel” the loss of grip, understeer, etc. so it has taught me to recognize what the car is doing and how hard i can push the car. With all that said, i find GTS to be a more enjoyable online experience. I’ve never purchased all the DLC but i was never fully active online either so i can’t speak to whether it’s a must to purchase the DLC.

Honestly in the room I run with they use the DLC. There are some things that I dislike about the game like physics and some ai stuff...the way the cars react when you are side by side gives me a heart attack every time. But with all that being said it will give you a greater sense of accomplishment when you win a race I can say that.

@Herimopp89 i doubt i will ever be at a level to finish 1st! Lol @Trappy93 full disclosure: i stopped playing PC2 about a year ago and didn’t play it again until a few nights ago. I didn’t stop playing it because i didn’t like it. I stopped playing racing games in general because i didn’t have a proper setup and lost interest. In December i bought a proper stand, bought GTS, found ARL, and here i am.

@Herimopp89 i doubt i will ever be at a level to finish 1st! Lol @Trappy93 full disclosure: i stopped playing PC2 about a year ago and didn’t play it again until a few nights ago. I didn’t stop playing it because i didn’t like it. I stopped playing racing games in general because i didn’t have a proper setup and lost interest. In December i bought a proper stand, bought GTS, found ARL, and here i am.
Same for me I was playing alot of f1 2018 with a controller and lost interest and then November came around and I said the hell with it and bought a t150 and playseat challenge and gtsport for my birthday and now I'm looking to try other games just to broaden the horizon. I want a PC and iracing but dont have the money or the space for such a rig

Back