GTS...Weird non-collision collision. Super Punt Video.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ArchangelX
  • 28 comments
  • 1,699 views
Messages
96
United States
Honolulu, Hawaii
Umm... is this caused by lag or something?

I use the radar when I race, and this guy was nowhere near me when I cut on the inside. He got hit so hard he practically launched over the barrier. I think he actually quit out of this points race immediately after this. After reviewing the replay, I was absolutely shocked to see him fly off like that. I don't remember feeling anything in that corner.

When I was racing him, I made sure to give myself space, and I would have let off on the gas if I knew that I was going to bang into him. Is this a weird sync issue or something?

I'm sorry, melco, if you're out there. I will have a screenshot in a second so that you can see that I did not touch him.

 
Holy.... what was that!?? :lol:

But welcome to GTSs crash physics....they're actually worse than GT1s, hell, even Mario Kart 64 had better collision feedback! :boggled:
 
From another angle.



Holy.... what was that!?? :lol:

But welcome to GTSs crash physics....they're actually worse than GT1s, hell, even Mario Kart 64 had better collision feedback! :boggled:

Lol... the other view is way crazier. I feel so bad for Melco. I bet he thought I punted him on purpose and was so pissed he probably rage quited. :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I snorted while watching it. Lol...for real though, is this cause of lag or sync? Or what? Collision boxes?
 
He quit about a lap later I believe. Maybe so though.
 
I think he didn't break. Can you check his acceleration and breaking inputs? It doesn't look like you touched his car.
 
Looks like a typical network / lag thing, seen that in GT6 QMs every second day.
Couldn't resist to laugh seeing him fly away - @ArchangelX did you ever experience the impact when you get hit by such a car :lol: ?
 
The First Manufacturer's race, during qualifying, like half the field was ping-ponging all over the place. Very violently. I got shunted so hard the car was in the barrier in an instant from like 300 feet away. It looked like pinball. I haven't seen it since then though, so I just thought it was a fluke.

Obviously, there's something in the netcode that allows this to happen when something gets whacky.

I think he didn't break. Can you check his acceleration and breaking inputs? It doesn't look like you touched his car.

I'll check it out in the morning to see what he did. I didn't feel a collision or anything.
 
The First Manufacturer's race, during qualifying, like half the field was ping-ponging all over the place. Very violently. I got shunted so hard the car was in the barrier in an instant from like 300 feet away. It looked like pinball. I haven't seen it since then though, so I just thought it was a fluke.

Obviously, there's something in the netcode that allows this to happen when something gets whacky.

This always happens when a race participant has a bad connection for whatever reason ( guess that's on driver's side often )
and the car's position on track gets out of sync ( no techy here I admit though ).
 
It looks like he crashed into your shadow........ hahaha was Wonder Woman there driving her invisible car????
 
Umm... is this caused by lag or something?

I use the radar when I race, and this guy was nowhere near me when I cut on the inside. He got hit so hard he practically launched over the barrier. I think he actually quit out of this points race immediately after this. After reviewing the replay, I was absolutely shocked to see him fly off like that. I don't remember feeling anything in that corner.

When I was racing him, I made sure to give myself space, and I would have let off on the gas if I knew that I was going to bang into him. Is this a weird sync issue or something?

I'm sorry, melco, if you're out there. I will have a screenshot in a second so that you can see that I did not touch him.


lol I heard this in my head
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG
 
Haha...he got punted haaaard. Lol. Just watched it again and I can't help but giggle.
 
Haha, that was amazing.

But yeah, it looks like a sync issue where it misinterepreted their positions relative to each other.
 
All the crash videos need is this sound effect and they'll be perfect. :lol:

 



Whoa... What the hell was that :lol::odd: you must have had a sudden lag spike. Clearly both your cars weren't jumping around left and right while both of you were diving into the corner. I've had my share of laggy lobbies before; I was just trying to park near some cars, I stop right before I hit them, but suddenly they get pushed back as if my car had Jedi Force or something.
 
I’ve had a similar issue at Interlagos in Gr.3 yesterday. You could see the car lag like crazy though. Like jump every 50 meters and then he appeared right inside me and I was spun violently in the grass. (I shared the replay in my GTS feed as it was as if I had a target on my back the whole race...) That issue doesn’t seem to be a standard lag issue. That’s weird. Never seen that before.
 
Umm... is this caused by lag or something?

I use the radar when I race, and this guy was nowhere near me when I cut on the inside. He got hit so hard he practically launched over the barrier. I think he actually quit out of this points race immediately after this. After reviewing the replay, I was absolutely shocked to see him fly off like that. I don't remember feeling anything in that corner.

When I was racing him, I made sure to give myself space, and I would have let off on the gas if I knew that I was going to bang into him. Is this a weird sync issue or something?

I'm sorry, melco, if you're out there. I will have a screenshot in a second so that you can see that I did not touch him.



If that kid had a wheel with FFB, then RIP his wrists lol
 
I wouldn’t even be mad.

That would make a epic “I must go, my people need me” gif.
 
I’ve had a similar issue at Interlagos in Gr.3 yesterday. You could see the car lag like crazy though. Like jump every 50 meters and then he appeared right inside me and I was spun violently in the grass. (I shared the replay in my GTS feed as it was as if I had a target on my back the whole race...) That issue doesn’t seem to be a standard lag issue. That’s weird. Never seen that before.
Yeah, he wasn't lagging at all. He was pretty smooth throughout the beginning of the race. And yeah, LOL, I can imagine the force feedback he probably got on that.
 
I cannot stop laughing everytime i watch that video. :lol::lol::lol: It is like something just kicked the vehicle off the track HAHA.
 
Back