GTSport and Forza: Track differences

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sarkazmo
  • 4 comments
  • 1,024 views
Messages
386
United States
OH
Messages
GTP_Sarkazmo
I watch a good bit of racing on YouTube. I follow Super GT, Viper Concept, Attax Johnson, and a few others. Most play both GTSport and Forza (as well as others) and I've noticed something. It seems like the courses that the two games have in common are different from each other. I'm not talking about alternative layouts but more the road itself. I thought both games were using laser scanned reproductions of real world tracks but it always seems that the Forza tracks are wider and sometimes the turns are banked more (Suzuka t1-2.) Is this just my imagination or a trick of the viewing angle or what?

Sark
 
I have a similar problem with Project Cars,it feels to me that the cars are way too big for the tracks,it's like everything is a miniature except the vehicles
 
I watch a good bit of racing on YouTube. I follow Super GT, Viper Concept, Attax Johnson, and a few others. Most play both GTSport and Forza (as well as others) and I've noticed something. It seems like the courses that the two games have in common are different from each other. I'm not talking about alternative layouts but more the road itself. I thought both games were using laser scanned reproductions of real world tracks but it always seems that the Forza tracks are wider and sometimes the turns are banked more (Suzuka t1-2.) Is this just my imagination or a trick of the viewing angle or what?

Sark
Not all tracks in Forza are laser scanned and even if they have done it on some of them they are very old and not accurate like you can see on other racing games.
 
There's a big difference with how the tracks look in VR as well. The narrow fov on tv makes the track look wider, corners stretched out and elevation changes less pronounced. When you switch to VR at first the tracks look like miniature versions with much sharper corners and very steep in places. I would love to see Eigernordwand in VR. That one hill didn't seem all that steep yet some cars could not get up it lol. Must look really steep in VR.

Viewing angle and fov screw a lot with perception. Yet I've also always felt like the tracks are too wide in Forza. They are in many games though. In all those street racers like GTA, Burnout, Forza Horizon etc, you can safely drive on the center lane in between 2-way traffic. Do not try at home.
 
Back