Gtsport issue

• Thread starter Werdna477
  • 16 comments
England
England
Werdna477
again I post regarding problems with gtsport..now even with a paid download..Lewis Hamilton time trial. I cannot race on nurburgring time trial as the car goes into neutral and that's it
This is the fourth time trial on gtsport this has happened..when it's paid dlc this is totally unacceptable and frustrating ..who do I contact regarding such issues..please help..and merry Christmas all
.I use a G29 wheel and pedals..it works fine with controller

Well, if it works fine with the controller it's probably your G29 that's faulty. Have you tried the wheel with other games (console/pc)?
Hi, yes and it works fine ...online racing has no problems. It happens with time trialing and not all time trialling events..bit annoyed as it is happening with paid dlc

If there was a fundamental issue I'm sure there would be more complaints about it as the G29 is a very common wheel. I use one myself.

Are you using a PS4 G29, set to PS4 mode, not using a drive hub or anything? Is it plugged directly into the PS4 (not through a USB expansion pack). Do you have a H shifter plugged in? Standard pedals with any mods done? Might be worth giving the inside of the pedals a clean although I doubt that's it.

Sorry to ask obvious questions, but it really does sound like a hardware issue somewhere.

EDIT Might be worth a reinstall of GTSport too.

If there was a fundamental issue I'm sure there would be more complaints about it as the G29 is a very common wheel. I use one myself.

Are you using a PS4 G29, set to PS4 mode, not using a drive hub or anything? Is it plugged directly into the PS4 (not through a USB expansion pack). Do you have a H shifter plugged in? Standard pedals with any mods done? Might be worth giving the inside of the pedals a clean although I doubt that's it.

Sorry to ask obvious questions, but it really does sound like a hardware issue somewhere.

EDIT Might be worth a reinstall of GTSport too.
Hi ...yes using g29 with PS4 ..direct into PS4.it works fine racing online and with most time trials..even with the fortnightly TT it may work with one and not the other..it works fine in automatic but when in manual it just jumps to neutral and all I can do is steer and rev

I had some issues this week with my G29. But all good now. It took a few days of unplugging, turning some driving aids on/off. Then it just went away.

One thing you might try is changing the mapping on the wheel and changing it back. Only image I found was for a Fanatec but there is one for the G29.

Fanatec-CSL-Elite-PS4-Gran-Turismo-Sport.jpg

Do you have an H-gear shifter connected to the G29? I ask because, AFAIK, it’s impossible to put the car in neutral without it. And only some game events allow the use of H-shifters (online doesn’t) - maybe those events are the ones you’re having problems with? If you don’t have a shifter, it may be a bad connection inside the wheel (not un-heard of with the G29, I’m afraid.) making the wheel think that neutral is engaged.

Do you have an H-gear shifter connected to the G29? I ask because, AFAIK, it’s impossible to put the car in neutral without it. And only some game events allow the use of H-shifters (online doesn’t) - maybe those events are the ones you’re having problems with? If you don’t have a shifter, it may be a bad connection inside the wheel (not un-heard of with the G29, I’m afraid.) making the wheel think that neutral is engaged.
Don't use a shifter I use the paddles to gear shift..I'll upload a vid shortly so you can see the issue ..soon as it changes from auto drive it jumps to neutral

Are you having the same problems with single-player races against the AI? Does the game show the selected gear as 'N'? If so it sounds like a short-circuit inside the wheel, making it think a gear shifter in neutral is connected - that would also explain why it works fine online, where H-pattern shifters are disallowed (i.e. the game completely ignores external shifter input.)

Are you having the same problems with single-player races against the AI? Does the game show the selected gear as 'N'? If so it sounds like a short-circuit inside the wheel, making it think a gear shifter in neutral is connected - that would also explain why it works fine online, where H-pattern shifters are disallowed (i.e. the game completely ignores external shifter input.)
All races are ok..it just seems to be selective time trials..even on my top10 place on Subaru tier 1 stage 2 on campaign mode..it won't let me improve my time..goes to neutral

Then the game thinks you have an external shifter connected - it's (AFAIK) impossible to engage neutral gear without an external shifter connected (with a pad, the only way to engage neutral is by holding down the parking-brake button - but that doesn't show the selected gear as 'N').
Sounds like a wheel issue, as mentioned before.

Gtplanet has a sim-racing hardware sub-forum here, maybe you can ask and find better help there - I don't have a G29 myself.

Last edited:
Then the game thinks you have an external shifter connected - it's (AFAIK) impossible to engage neutral gear without an external shifter connected (with a pad, the only way to engage neutral is by holding down the parking-brake button - but that doesn't show the selected gear as 'N').
Sounds like a wheel issue, as mentioned before.

Gtplanet has a sim-racing hardware sub-forum here, maybe you can ask and find better help there - I don't have a G29 myself.
Will try and get another wheel to try..will let you know in the future

Thanks for your help....merry christmas..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back