GTSport VR Time Trial Leaderboard

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sfexbest
So we all wanted more gt sport VR content at least a time trial lets make due with a custom made one for now.

Leaderboard I'll just link it here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hTxUge0Bj_6-plto-0x1PkHAtfguvGPE1tOgKppo8a8

The settings are displayed on the spreadsheet what you need to do to submit a time is upload a yt video with proof of your time and leave it in the comments section of the spreadsheet.

To prevent cheating or any unfair advantages go onto settings after your lap for your video make sure the car settings are on Balance of Power and make sure you show your settings afterwards of before the race like I have here->

First track choice is Nurburging GP in the merc amg now I'm quite aware that some of you may not of unlocked this track yet so you don't have to wait around you can give the other maps I left times for Autodome in the X-bow or Toyota supra on dragontail Seaside.

Any other tracks and car suggestions leave below we'll make the most popular and fun ones stick.

Also I admit I'm abit of a noob so if anyone wants to take over the spreadsheet make it look more professional then feel free.

I'm only doing this because the vr mode in this game is exceptional and Polyphony are somehow so lazy to even add upon a time trial mode. Yes all your fault KAZ if you are reading this then I'm just gonna say it now stop choosing a little bit of extra sun rays and bits of unnecessary details over the crazy immersion of VR you are making a huge mistake.

TLDR :

-GT VR Leaderboard

-Follow Instructiontions for car settings

-Show car setting aswell as video proof for a chance to be on the leaderboards

-Make sure Balence of Power is checked and you pick the car for the track

Last edited:
I thought I would post a couple of times to get the ball rolling on this thread, and then noticed the additions since I initially read it, oh well, they weren't great laps anyway, but seeing as I've uploaded them to youtube now, I figured I may as well post to give this thread some life.

Stock XJ13 @ Nurburgring 24hr

Stock 330 P4 @ Nurburgring 24hr

I think it's better to drive the raw car rather than BOPping them, seeing as it's one make. Will also be more interesting to see which are the faster cars in their design pre BOP.

just my thoughts.

Is that the VR?! Amazing :bowdown:
Yeh, it doesn't do it justice though, looking at it on a screen just gives a tiny square of what you see in the headset, I could see my arms and legs during the whole lap, except when I popped my head above the windscreen lol.
Also in the headset the 3d looks so real you could reach out and touch the dash etc

Yeh, it doesn't do it justice though, looking at it on a screen just gives a tiny square of what you see in the headset, I could see my arms and legs during the whole lap, except when I popped my head above the windscreen lol.
Also in the headset the 3d looks so real you could reach out and touch the dash etc
I've only watch a minute or so of the Supra on Dragon Trail but it looks incredible... the mirrors reflect and everything!

Edit: just watched the first minute of the 330 and it's ridiculously good!

Last edited:
@Robben yeh PSVR is awesome despite it's limitations, it's as close to living the dream without Jay Lenos money.

@Sven Jurgens it's displayed on the dash, just make sure to look at dash time when crossing the finish line. Sometimes I've been in VR and the dash timer/lap display hasn't displayed, so make sure to restart till it does display.

@Sfex3champion I just had a go at nurb in AMG, I didn't think to check if I picked the same daytime setting for the track..

And here's Dragontrail in Supra, again not sure what daytime setting to pick.

And Maggiore in the KTM

Niceee the thread just came alive

@JacksHerer don't worry about the time of day I doubt it makes a difference.

Do you think Bop off is better? I honestly don't know I just wanted everyone to have the same balanced car.

Also how did you afford both those cars? I want a fast open roof but damn most my playtime is in vr where you can't earn anything :(

l will update leaderboard when I get home thanks for participating

Last edited:
I thought I would post a couple of times to get the ball rolling on this thread, and then noticed the additions since I initially read it, oh well, they weren't great laps anyway, but seeing as I've uploaded them to youtube now, I figured I may as well post to give this thread some life.

Stock XJ13 @ Nurburgring 24hr

Stock 330 P4 @ Nurburgring 24hr

I think it's better to drive the raw car rather than BOPping them, seeing as it's one make. Will also be more interesting to see which are the faster cars in their design pre BOP.

just my thoughts.

XJ13 and the P4? That's just showing off and rubbing our noses in it!!

Last edited:
haha I figured if I used unobtanium cars, the times would last longer

It took a lot of grinding for credits, there are a couple of threads about how to do it in GT League, professional Blue Moon Bay race...
I used the KTM-Xbow, minimum weight, power increase to the top of N300 group 1 click below turning it into N400.
Put RSS tires on, change the maximum gears to 180mph
Putting ASM and CSA on, and a good podcast or something else to keep you from dying of boredom. It earns 375k including the clean race bonus every 12mins. Or 1.8 million per hour
Don't panic, you can brake to avoid the AI and still be in 1st place by lap 12.

I noticed your laps were done with shifter - I'll try again if I pick up a shifter, as I expect my times will become slower.

I'm assuming it doesn't matter so much if the shifter isn't literally where it is in the game and your mind adjusts? as long as it's on the correct left/right side?

Nah shifter doesn't make a difference but sometimes in a clutch required car it can sometimes miss the shift. I definitely recommend getting one though does help with the immersion.

I'm not really gonna go through all that to purchase those vehicles. Im just gonna try via the daily gift route but thanks for the tips

And to anyone without vr looking in here yes a dream is exactly how I'd describe the GT vr mode. Its amazing but it always leaves you wanting more

Hopefully next iteration gt7 and ps5 don't make the same mistake.

Here's my setup btw I have a racing chair too but I prefer this. Though depending on the car it differs which chair actually works better.

yMFbAxz.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure I could drive in that setup, although VR does make your body feel like you are in the cars seating position, but that's pushing the limits lol

I picked some more obtainable cars this time, I used sports hard tires as I think they are the default for these cars...

RX-7 at Brands Hatch

Countach at Interlagos

Ford GT at Big Willow

Diablo at Mount Panorama

Haha man nice... I'm still attempting to beat your other times and failing. Sorry I havn't updated the leaderboards with the new stages you have done yet. I like a challenge so it's nice of you to post some times unfortunately I'm a bit shyte. This is all a new hobby for me I was never hard into sim racing but vr totally changed that.

I'll try my best to beat some but no guarantees hopefully you get someone who'll give you a challenge soon.

Last edited:
No worries, I enjoy the PSVR driving, it's nice to have a purpose other than hooning around looking at my shadows. It's interesting how different the cars feel to each other, something I don't notice so much in TV bumper cam view.
The 330 P4 is meant to be an amazing car in real life, and PD have really captured that in PSVR, you really can just jump in it and drive.

Hey just wanna say I havn't given up haha

Although I tried bathhurst in the diablo and I was a good 8 seconds off your time on that one. Either you done a really good lap or I just suck. Anyhow I wanted to thank you for mentioning the diablo as just going round the track its just kinda amazing. I have gotten carried away so many times just trying to drift round the track rather than time trialing It's just something that happens a lot in vr actually but with the diablo in bathhurst I absolutely love it.

This is just me being a total noob was tryna show vr off to a friend night mode is fantastic except not being able to see the cockpit.

I want to give a try on dragon trail. But when I put BoP on the supra it’s give me 300hp and for you it’s 295hp.

Odd maybe it was changed via update or I dunno atm there's only 2 of us who took part so far we aren't too bothered see what you get with that 300 bhp I guess post it here :)

I've been going round pc sims just trying to feel out all the sims again. Honestly going through them has made me appreciate gt sport a lot more. Apart from Iracing which I feel is the best is subscription based and super expensive. Pcars2 and assetto corsa didn't even run smoothly for me and assetto navigating menus is horrible along with half the good cars having to pay for again. Pcars has potential but its just a bit of a mess in vr id say. Honestly Iracing is the only polished up vr racer at this moment even with my gtx1080ti pc .

Here's me playing all three of them anyway mind my poor driving

its good to hear someones thoughts who has PSVR and GTS, ...so I had a look at GTX 1080 Ti = OMG that's expensive.
Are you using the PSVR headset with trinus on your PC or have a PC HMD?

I've read lots about screen door effect on other HMD being able to see the pixels, but I have not experienced that problem with PSVR.

If you are using PSVR on PC with trinus, does the graphics look better on GTX 1080 Ti than on the PS4 Pro? ie is there more to come from the PSVR headset that the PS4 Pro isn't reaching?

Absolutely the psvr headset is not the problem at this moment its the ps4 not powerful enough. Graphics are ten times better on pc with psvr than what you get on the ps4 pro. The psvr is good but possibly could do with a better resolution and fov but its on par with what you get on oculus and vive at this moment.

If you get a psvr and try it on pc you'll notice a bit more sde and slightly blurier screen on pc but you can do what I call upscale it to some dumb resolution of 5236x2160 120fps and it looks a bit better. Or you can supersample and it looks a bit better.

I had a rift and sold it when I saw that Trinuspsvr produces very similar results without positional tracking. It still has headtracking so it doesn't matter so much on pc driving games just work fairly easily on pc.

With all that said I wouldn't tell you to go buy a decent gaming pc rig for your psvr because the current line up of racing games just don't optimise vr very well. You'll be spending more time adjusting your graphics instead of actually playing the game.

Iracing is the only clean looking and 100% working game with great vr optimzation. You'll get pcars2 working but it'l never be as good looking as you see in the video and smooth. Its very messy and honestly the reason why I keep going back to gran turismo because it works out the box without fiddling about. Iracing is very very goood but I just paid 30£ for 1 ferrari 488 gt3 and Mount Panorama and I can barely find a race for it. Your then left with pcars2 which is half decent but not something worth buying a pc rig for.

Imo if I were you I'd wait for the right moment unless your desperate to try pcar2 or iracing in vr. I'm currently waiting for my pimax 8k 200degree FOV headset to arrive in a couple months . Till then Trinuspsvr is doing me good :)

thanks for that ^
I guess outputting to monitor as well as headset didn't help, I have read that trinus and steamVR can be bloated so might affect assetto corsa/project cars.
It was seeing some youtube guy driving an old alfa up a mountain road that got me thinking about a gaming PC.
I cant wait to hear how the primax is :drool:

Love this idea. Here is my first submission:
Autodromo KTM Time Trial
2:15:663

Personally I think it would be neat to have a VR category on the WRS!

Last edited:
Back