(GTTCC-6) | Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship - Season 6 | TNR_FILO, BenMillard and DPR win!Finished 

Should a turbo be installed from round 2 onwards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Race night :cheers:

I need to stress that standards need to improve. I've had a fair few complaints each week and I have to agree that it's poor. Last week was shambles. It's not the fact it happened, as people make mistakes, but the fact that people saw it as fine and couldnt apologize to the people whos races they ruined, and I'm not just speaking about myself.

So please. We've got some great close racing going on and no one wants it ruined by uneeded driving. I know it's Tokyo but some of our best racing has happened here, it's more than capable.

Anyway, good luck to those with a pen :lol: and see you tonight :cheers:

Race night :cheers:

I need to stress that standards need to improve. I've had a fair few complaints each week and I have to agree that it's poor. Last week was shambles. It's not the fact it happened, as people make mistakes, but the fact that people saw it as fine and couldnt apologize to the people whos races they ruined, and I'm not just speaking about myself.

So please. We've got some great close racing going on and no one wants it ruined by uneeded driving. I know it's Tokyo but some of our best racing has happened here, it's more than capable.

Anyway, good luck to those with a pen :lol: and see you tonight :cheers:
If I'm one of those people who had a complaint against, I do apologise. I never intend to ruin others' race. I try my best to race cleanly. Sometimes it isn't possible.

@Antares26, I believe we came together in the 2nd race, and I tried to let you back past quickly as I did jump down the inside, so my bad mate, sorry. :cheers:

If I'm one of those people who had a complaint against, I do apologise. I never intend to ruin others' race. I try my best to race cleanly. Sometimes it isn't possible.

@Antares26, I believe we came together in the 2nd race, and I tried to let you back past quickly as I did jump down the inside, so my bad mate, sorry. :cheers:
Did we? If we did, I honestly don't even remember so don't mind it. I made too many mistakes in those races, fortunately I don't remember ruining any other person's race than my own and I was just too focused on trying to avoid making them.

Not at all mate, It was fun racing you. Race 2 I have no idea though, as I was caught in the pits. Hope it doesn't happen tonight :(

I'm unsure if I am going to be able to make it, got to have my eyes checked, amongst other things, I might get home in time, but I doubt it. Sorry!

Not sure where the event is currently at in progress. Got caught up in stuff outside today.

And now the pit crew aren't assisting me. Brilliant. I'll shoot the lot later on.

Race 2 was terrible, constant blocking from a certain backmarker ruined my chances.

Wow, what an event! This was the best I have ever driven over the course of a whole evening.

Round 7, 8 & 9 at Tokyo R246
Highlights was a super clean series of cutbacks with @StormRacer17 and mutual bump-drafting with @True-blue-8 to get ourselves away from the chasing pack in 2 races. Think I had another 'draft buddy' in one of the races, too.

Surprisingly there was a fair amount of overtaking. I really thought Real slipstream would prevent good exits due to losing front downforce and it wouldn't be strong enough to close the big gaps at each corner exit. But that extremely long uphill main straight and the huge kerbs meant there was enough variety in pace for it to work...just!

Weak slipstream would have made overtakes more decisive and possibly safer as a result. (Having raced this way WRS recently with low power vehicles.)

I do have a few incidents to PM @True-blue-8 but nothing major. If there's time I'll have a look at other contests in the field. A couple of my own moves were pretty assertive, unusual for me, so I'll put those in the report as well. They seemed fair at the time.

@epic_apri_39 you drove well, work on that consistency and your points will continue to double. :cool:

Last edited:
Sorry for my AWOL. I had to be rushed out to an emergency. I had to ruin my perfectly good Super GT race, too, so I'm fairly disappointed not to deliver in both series'.

Tokyp never fails to disappoint. From my perspective the racing was great, best I've had for awhile. But again there were more incidents which have left others annoyed. But if you don't report it, can't do anything about it. @Ash9414 @epic_apri_39 you guys should message me really. There will be pens, as it's the same people doing the same thing.

Race 1 thanks to @epic_apri_39 who made sure I couldn't get into my rhythm and get a gap at the start. Chuffed to be a few tenths off pole. Race 2 wasn't too bad, and kudos to @BenMillard I got held in the pits and caught you up but after clipping the wall lap 10 that was game over. Was a great chase and a good nights racing with you, and great to be running with someone wise enough to use the bump draft as a tool.

Race 3 was a battlefield. Came from the back, awesome. If I caused problems for anyone please let me know.

But please, I can't stress how standards need to improve for one or two people especially. Also, if you do have any incidents let me know, otherwise it will only carry on.

My driver of the day, had great racing with Ben but gira improved massively. (In response to your question, I know Neal/Plato are rivals lol, but he's a decent guy, and compared to Shedden is amazing ;) )

The curse of race 2 seems to be continuing. I think the best thing to do is after race 1 take a 5 minute break and open a new lobby?

Tbh, it's not worth the effort to report an incident. People know what and what they haven't done. Politics ruins motorsport. Let's just try and keep the racing clean... that way it'll be enjoyable for everyone. I was side by side with Filo for most of the lap in Race 3; that's how it should be done. Good late braking, but no unnecessary dive bombs. Just my opinion. :)

Edit: Am I one of the people whom needs to improve??

Tbh, it's not worth the effort to report an incident. People know what and what they haven't done. Politics ruins motorsport. Let's just try and keep the racing clean... that way it'll be enjoyable for everyone. I was side by side with Filo for most of the lap in Race 3; that's how it should be done. Good late braking, but no unnecessary dive bombs. Just my opinion. :)

Edit: Am I one of the people whom needs to improve??
I think that is completely contradictory of how you have been driving. And the way you are blaming others is poor. I won't do this on the thread as you obviously can't see what's happening so if you want it explained you can message me, but don't pin it on others saying they know what they have done wrong. Race 3 perhaps was good, but 'the way it should be done' is apparent a lot of times.

There's a difference between politics and a simple 'this happened' so not bothering to report something that could improve the racing is counter productive

@Ash9414 I've watched the replay of race 1 and 3 (my race 2 was quiet, IIRC) and you have some fantastic wheel to wheel sequences. Yep, mostly with @TNR_KING_FILO so kudos to you both.

My reports are with @True-blue-8 and he'll be looking through tomorrow. If you have anything to report, even if you can't be precise, send it to him. (At least say which race it was in.)

I've reported a few things in groups I wasn't part of but not everything. And nothing from race 2, so that's the most likely place where the replays are worth checking.

@epic_apri_39 is my driver of the day. Great sportsman, spent a lot of the evening in the lead group and drove as clean as he could there. 👍

Honourable mention to @Storm_SP17 we had some neat sequences and you had some very fast laps during the event.

Last edited:
@Ash9414 I've watched the replay of race 1 and 3 (my race 2 was quiet, IIRC) and you have some fantastic wheel to wheel sequences. Yep, mostly with @TNR_KING_FILO so kudos to you both.

My reports are with @True-blue-8 and he'll be looking through tomorrow. If you have anything to report, even if you can't be precise, send it to him. (At least say which race it was in.)

I've reported a few things in groups I wasn't part of but not everything. And nothing from race 2, so that's the most likely place where the replays are worth checking.

@epic_apri_39 is my driver of the day. Great sportsman, spent a lot of the evening in the lead group and drove as clean as he could there. 👍

Honourable mention to @Storm_SP17 we had some neat sequences and you had some very fast laps during the event.

Ash is quick, and a great racer, but I've got people with their ass in their hands, not just with him, but with a few others. Report an incident then we can get it cleared up, show the person what they did wrong and move on. Simple. No one wants to go to brands with a close fight and end up saying they lost because of so and so. So please, the racing will get better with a simple message. It doesn't hurt.

Anyway moving on, willow is another track I love. I think filo having a 'normal' night has helped the championship lol

Another driver we haven't mentioned is @DeltaJuliet a great race and independent drive

Back