GTWC 20 line-ups and pit strategy for Sarthe I (PAL)

  • Thread starter Thread starter AMG.
  • 1 comments
  • 587 views

AMG.

Staff Emeritus
Messages
3,116
Netherlands
NL, Leiden
Messages
GTP_AMG
In my quest for max A-spec points I've been trying to find a line-up where all cars except mine (Chap 2J) of course, go visit the pit. :sly:
Alas, I have yet to find one. :grumpy:
So I'll will need to practice more in order to become a less crappy driver.
In the mean time I believe that others may benefit from the list for other reasons or perhaps even the same.

So here goes. Hope it's useful.
1
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Gillet Vertigo
Nissan R92 CP Race Car pits on lap 3
MB AMG CLK GTR
Nissan R89C

2
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Gillet Vertigo
Toyota GT-One Race Car
Nissan R92 CP Race Car pits on lap 3
Nissan R390 GT1 '98

3
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Ford GT LM Race Car
Audi R8 Race Car
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Mazda 787B Race Car pits on lap 3

4
Pesc. PlayStationC60L
Audi R8 Race Car
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Nissan R92 CP Race Car pits on lap 3
Pesc. Courage C60

5
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Pesc. Courage C60
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
Peugeot 905
Bentley Speed 8 RaceCar

6
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Nissan R89C
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Mazda 787B Race Car pits on lap 3
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car

7
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
Toyota GT One RaceCar
BMW V12 LMR
Pesc. PlayStationC60L
BMW McLaren F1 GTR

8
Nissan R89C
MB AMG CLK GTR
Mazda 787B Race Car pits on lap 3
BMW McLaren F1 GTR
Ford GT LM Race Car

9
Nissan R89C
Toyota Toy. 7 race car
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Pesc. Courage C60
Nissan R390 GT1 '98

10
BMW McLaren F1 GTR
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Gillet Vertigo
Chapparal 2D Race Car
Chevr. Camaro LM

11
Gillet Vertigo
Toyota GT-One Race Car
Toyota Toy. 7 race car
Chevr. Camaro LM
MB AMG CLK GTR

12
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
Nissan R89C
Toyota Toy. 7 race car
BMW McLaren F1 GTR

13
MB AMG CLK GTR
Chapparal 2J Race Car
Pesc. Courage C60
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car

14
Gillet Vertigo
MB AMG CLK GTR
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car
Toyota Toy. 7 race car
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3

15
Gillet Vertigo
Toyota GT-One Race Car
Chapparal 2D Race Car
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Chapparal 2J Race Car

16
Pesc. Courage C60
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Peugeot 905
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3
MB AMG CLK GTR

17
Sauber Mercedes C9 pits on lap 3
Chapparal 2J Race Car
Ford GT LM Race Car
Nissan R390 GT1 '98
Chevr. Camaro LM

18
Chapparal 2J Race Car
Toyota Toy. 7 race car
Chevr. Camaro LM
Ford GT LM Race Car
Nissan R89C

19
Audi R8 Race Car
Mazda 787B Race Car pits on lap 3
Ford GT LM Race Car
MB AMG CLK GTR
Toyota Minolta 88C-V pits on lap 3

20
Nissan R92 CP Race Car pits on lap 3
MB AMG CLK GTR
Pesc. Courage C60
Chapparal 2D Race Car
Chevr. Camaro LM

Edit: just realised an important thingy missing. My mistake, the pit strategy listed applies to Sarthe I in GTWC. Now corrected.
AMG.
 
As one who finished the GTWC today, with that same strategy (and I did it!), I must ask, on what course do you test? Because, from what I expirienced today and yesterday, the first two (SuperSpeedway and Tokyo) aren't good indicators. My grid included two tyre-conservers (both Pescarolos), and, while they didn't pit in the first two races (just like I did), the both pitted on all the other ones - "giving" me the lead, if I was close enough (and I sometimes wasn't). Result: Everyone (a Jaguar XJR, both Pescarolos, a Nissan 390something Racecar, and a Gillet Vertigo) pitted, except for my Minolta.

Hope it helps...
 
Back