GTWC laptimes please

  • Thread starter Thread starter iLex
  • 8 comments
  • 742 views
Messages
1,155
Messages
gtp_iLex
There are a lot of threads on this, but I can't seem to find the info I'm looking for, so I'm sorry if I'm double posting. :guilty:

I'm training for the GTWC. Since I have the tendency to drive a bit too slow when I'm on a track alone, I'd like to know what laptimes I'm aiming for. The only laptimes I found on this forum were times driven by amazing, or at least very good, drivers and I'm not that good, I'm afraid. Does anybody know what times the 'average-second-place-AI' car drives on these 10 tracks? Thanks!

Small other question: I've read some stuff about the driving aids and that they should be switched of for this race...why?
 
First, this is not an asked-to-death thing, so you're safe on that. Actually quite a good thread for people trying to win the GTWC for the first time. :)

I don't know if there is such info (I guess not) but Smallhorses' report on the series (found here) may be helpful as he has written down his fastest lap time and margin of victory for every race, of which you can draw some conclusions.

And the driving aids, they are usually switched off because the car is faster without them - they use the brakes to stabilize the car. The downside is that the road rocket you're controlling becomes harder to handle but everyone to their own, I used some TCS and even some ASM for some races. OK, I was "green" then but at least that proves that you can win with them on too.

Hope this helps at least a little,

- R -
 
Well, I did this championship once and was thinking in doing it again. I remember to have used the Minolta (won at El Capitan enduro) and had no problems in almost all races.
It is a bit overpowered and you should have no problems with him, but I used TCS 2 myself (too much power to handle with the DS2). Just be cautious in the city tracks and the tyre wear (strong in this beast).

Now, I was wondering about what other car can do this series and where could I acquire it as a prize... This time, a more challenging race is what I'd like.

Thanks!
 
Greycap
... Smallhorses' report on the series (found here) may be helpful as he has written down his fastest lap time and margin of victory for every race, of which you can draw some conclusions.

Thanks Geycap, it is helpful. I only use his fastest lap times. Because I'm in a faster car, I'm able to drive close to and under these times. I'm now training to stay around these laptimes EVERY lap, which is still a problem on some tracks. This really improves my driving. And it's nicer to train for a race when you have a goal.

Thanks again!
 
I can't post laptimes (did'nt record them).

But I can say to use a stock Minotla (modded if you need it to be), it can win all 10 races (9 for me, could'nt be botherd qualifing for Hong Kong and dropped behind due to super hard tires)
 
As an off topic comment.
After completing the GTWC and moving on to completing all but the FG Series im surprised there are'nt more questions about that series, it is much more difficult for me.
 
rualeb
As an off topic comment.
After completing the GTWC and moving on to completing all but the FG Series im surprised there are'nt more questions about that series, it is much more difficult for me.
Most are probably trying to get past this race.:)
 
GeorgeMorley
I can't post laptimes (did'nt record them).

But I can say to use a stock Minotla (modded if you need it to be), it can win all 10 races (9 for me, could'nt be botherd qualifing for Hong Kong and dropped behind due to super hard tires)

Thanks for the tip! I'd rather practice with my current car than race another long race to get the minolta, though.
I'm using the Mazda 787B with a stage 4 turbo now and it works perfectly. I know that a turbo is considered 'cheating' but I'm not as good as some of you GT4-maniacs :).
 
Adding a turbo is'nt considered cheating at all so don't worry :)

On this site members consider cheating as wallriding, cutting turns etc.
 
Back