Guess The Car (Chassis Codes Game)

  • Thread starter Thread starter skip0110
  • 29 comments
  • 1,403 views
Messages
5,178
United States
Worcester, MA
Messages
skip0110
I wonder how well this game will do. It's mostly a trivia/adeptness at Google type of thing.

I drive a ED6 with a D15B2.

Guess the car, the generation, and classify the engine.

Winner posts next chassis/engine code.
 
A late-80's Civic. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'classify the engine', but it would be a gas powered 4 cylinder. The base model, I'm guessing.
 
Slicks
A late-80's Civic. I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'classify the engine', but it would be a gas powered 4 cylinder. The base model, I'm guessing.
Well, you are right, but I was hoping we could be a little more specific, such as wagon, hatch, or sedan. And engine could be specified as displacement and valevtrain (OHV, SOHC, DOHC, VTEC, etc.).

But since you were right, your go I guess. Unless you want to pick up the bonus point ;)

EDIT: You posted while I was composing my reply. Go ahead, it is a 4th generation hatch. 👍 :)
 
That bit about the wagon, hatch, sedan etc. may not work...since many cars use the same chassis' for the other versions of a particular model. Or is that what all the suffix crap is about after the main number? (ie. 2JZ vs. 2JZGTE or SR20 vs SR20DET)
 
PublicSecrecy
That bit about the wagon, hatch, sedan etc. may not work...since many cars use the same chassis' for the other versions of a particular model. Or is that what all the suffix crap is about after the main number? (ie. 2JZ vs. 2JZGTE or SR20 vs SR20DET)
Those are both engines, actually. I don't know Nissans much (Yet! This thread looks educational), but 2JZ is just an abbriviation of 2JZ-GE or GTE.
2: second version
JZ: block. Most new Toyota engines seem to be two letters, the second one being 'Z'. Old ones were just one letter.
everything after the - is features
G: Wide-angle DOHC
T: Turbocharged (there is no such thing as a 2JZ-GTTE)
E: EFI

I've got some inconclusve deductions on the Nissan engines:
-The first two letters are the block (the only ones I know are SR and RB)
-The numbers are the displacement (20=2.0l, 26=2.6l)
-I don't know what DE means. Possibly two things (like DOHC and EFI)
-T is turbo and TT is twinturbo. This may have led to the '2JZ-GTTE' misconception.
 
Emohawk
I've got some inconclusve deductions on the Nissan engines:
-The first two letters are the block (the only ones I know are SR and RB)
-The numbers are the displacement (20=2.0l, 26=2.6l)
-I don't know what DE means. Possibly two things (like DOHC and EFI)
-T is turbo and TT is twinturbo. This may have led to the '2JZ-GTTE' misconception.

Bingo..

I'll get the ball rolling again with an easy one:

BNR34 with an RB26DETT

:D
 
Taurine
Bingo..

I'll get the ball rolling again with an easy one:

BNR34 with an RB26DETT

:D
Previous generation Nissan Skyline with a 2.6l DOHC EFI twin turbo inline 6.
I've been wondering, it's usually abbriviated 'R34'. As the new one is 'V35', I'm assuming those are engine and generation, respectivly. What's the 'BN' for?
 
Emohawk
Previous generation Nissan Skyline with a 2.6l DOHC EFI twin turbo inline 6.
I've been wondering, it's usually abbriviated 'R34'. As the new one is 'V35', I'm assuming those are engine and generation, respectivly. What's the 'BN' for?

Correct answer is an R34 GTR with a 2.6l blah blah blah but I'll let you go ;)

I'm not quite sure, someone else clued up on Skyline chassis codes can help but I know that the GTR's are BNR and the GTS-T Skylines are BCR or something like that..
 
(edit)
Sorry, I'm north american. When I say 'Skyline' I mean GT-R. That's what I see the most of. The others are sort of... perepheral. I didn't even know they had 4 door versions untill I got one in GT2. Anyway, no other trim level got that engine, did it?
(/edit)
Maybe B is 2 doors and the other thing is trim/tune level?
Everybody's just been using their cars so far; so:
I drive an MA61 with a 5M-GE
 
I will probably been seen as a ricer for posting this :indiff:.

Taurine
Bingo..

I'll get the ball rolling again with an easy one:

BNR34 with an RB26DETT

:D

1998-2002 Nissan Skyline GTR

B = RB26
N= Attesa ets
R = Skyline
34 = version

RB = block series
26 = capacity
D = Double overhead cam
E = Electronically fuel injected
TT = Twin turbo

Emohawk
Anyway, no other trim level got that engine, did it?

Nissan Stegea 260RS got the RB26DETT (wagon based off a Skyline)
Also a strange Autech R32 got the RB26DE

Taurine
Correct answer is an R34 GTR with a 2.6l blah blah blah but I'll let you go ;)

I'm not quite sure, someone else clued up on Skyline chassis codes can help but I know that the GTR's are BNR and the GTS-T Skylines are BCR or something like that..

No such thing as BCR

C = was only used on R33's meaning Hicas


So do my car
ECR33 with a RB25DET
 
Um a Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T with an RB (isn't that 'race bred'?) 2.5 litre engine assorted with double overhead cam, electronic fuel injection and a single turbo. Can't seem to slide the ECR part in anywhere.

How does that perform over your 180sx?
 
Ha! It's not a GTS-T, it's a GTS25t. I've forgotten what the R34 turbo is...

Viper: If R means Skyline, how come the new one is V35?
 
Emohawk
Those are both engines, actually.

I know. Just an example, couldn't think of many chassis codes.
 
I'll get my turn up in a sec. - Just trying to find something.
 
I would like to drive a P1000. Hint - A Ford.
Find:
-year
-engine
What generation was it?
 
1996 Ford Windstar 3.8L

generation I dont know
 
Nope. Think car. Not new, either.
 
P1000 = Chassis code of the 1st GT40. So a Mk I 1965 model.

It had a 289 (small block Ford).
 
skip0110
I wonder how well this game will do. It's mostly a trivia/adeptness at Google type of thing.

I drive a ED6 with a D15B2.

Guess the car, the generation, and classify the engine.

Winner posts next chassis/engine code.

I know the torch has been passed but nobody completely answered his question.

It is a 4th gen civic hatchback with a SOHC 1.5Liter approx. 90hp gas 4-cyl.
I know - I have one. :sly: 👍
 
B. Lohse
It is a 4th gen civic hatchback with a SOHC 1.5Liter approx. 90hp gas 4-cyl.
I know - I have one. :sly: 👍
Spot on. :) Fun little car, isn't it?
 
B. Lohse
I know the torch has been passed but nobody completely answered his question.

It is a 4th gen civic hatchback with a SOHC 1.5Liter approx. 90hp gas 4-cyl.
I know - I have one. :sly: 👍

And a bodyshell of a BMW. :lol::lol:
 
Emohawk
Ha! It's not a GTS-T, it's a GTS25t. I've forgotten what the R34 turbo is...

Viper: If R means Skyline, how come the new one is V35?

Things change, Skylines codes have changed often, for example they were known as S50, C10, C110 etc. Just like Celica lost its Axx to Supra.
 
donbenni
Um a Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T with an RB (isn't that 'race bred'?) 2.5 litre engine assorted with double overhead cam, electronic fuel injection and a single turbo. Can't seem to slide the ECR part in anywhere.

How does that perform over your 180sx?

Like Emohawk said GTS25t ;)

E = RB25DET
C = Hicas 4ws
R = is the car (Skyline)

The 180sx took of abit quicker from the line, the Skyline wheelspins more but it pulls better at speed. (I dont have the 180 anymore BTW)
 
The engine is a 2.0 4 pot ... :)

The car is a '65 - '69 BMW 2000C/CS coupe
 
I think it would be a good idea if everyone posted any good rescources they found. Make this more of a knowledge base then a compitition.
Here's two really good scources for Toyota stuff:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/9975/tm_index.html
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/longindex.html

VIPERGTSR01
Things change, Skylines codes have changed often, for example they were known as S50, C10, C110 etc. Just like Celica lost its Axx to Supra.
Well, if you discribe the A body as an FR 2 door 4 seater then it's obvious why that happened.
 
blue_sharky39
The engine is a 2.0 4 pot ... :)

The car is a '65 - '69 BMW 2000C/CS coupe

congratulations. ask the thread starter what you win. :)
 
Back