Guide: Three Fun Ways of Playing Enthusia

• Thread starter Matej
  • 0 comments

Matej

Premium
Croatia
Zagreb
This guide was created for the purpose of showing how fun Enthusia continues to be even after you have cleared the career mode and won all the cars and tracks.

I'm now going to present three ways of using the game's praised built-in features. You may have used them before but in case you haven't, have a read!

1.) Create Your Own Championship (Series of Linked Races)

On the pre-race menu of the Free Racing mode select "Grid" and click on each of the five AI cars to replace them with cars of your choice. It may become a bit tedious to switch back to desired AI grip after every race (once you change the course, the game puts other cars on the grid), but if you specify conditions in the car filtering option more accurately, it can be done reasonably quick.

Now the fun part! Once you cross the finish line, write down final placement of each car that participated in the race. On the next race select the same AI opponents, but this time arrange all the cars on the grid opposite of their ranking on the last race (1st starts 6th, 2nd starts 5th, etc.). This will ensure great fight for points, assuming all cars are close to even at least.

My example: I tried to recreate Japan Championship from GT3/GT4. Five races, each using point system from GT4 and everything I described above. I used slower car (Legacy) and would always start from the 6th place to keep things more challenging. My championship results:

1st) RX-7 (FD) --- 10, 2, 10, 6, 3 = 31
2nd) GT-R R34 --- 6, 4, 6, 3, 10 = 29
3rd) Legacy B4 (Me) --- 3, 6, 4, 2, 6 = 21
4th) NSX (NA2) --- 1, 10, 2, 4, 4 = 21
5th) Lancer Evo VIII --- 4, 3, 1, 10, 1 = 19
6th) Supra --- 2, 1, 3, 1, 2 = 9

What colours you opponents will wear is irrelevant unless you run one-make series. In that case, stick with cars that have five or more colours on offer so that you can differ one car from another when assigning points to each car.

2.) How Many Points Can You Win in Free Racing?

Thanks to @Wolfe and data he has collected within his Enthusia in-depth FAQ, we know how to calculate points. Taken straight from the guide:

Ranking points are the product of:
Odds x Class x Place

Your odds are shown to you before the race starts (lower is faster, but higher is better for points). Each race class contributes a different number of points (RN = 10; RIV = 20; RIII = 50; RII = 200; RS = 500). And your finishing place in the race affects the overall score (Six-car races: 1st = 1.0; 2nd = 0.6; 3rd = 0.4; 4th = 0.2; 5th or 6th = 0; Two-car races: 1st = 1.0; 2nd = 0).

So for example, if you went into an RII six-car race with 9:1 odds and got 2nd place, your ranking points would be:
9 x 200 x 0.6 = 1080 points.

Of course, we do not have the 5 race classes above, but we do have 5 Free Racing Difficulty levels (alterable on the main "Option" menu), which are supposed to follow the level of difficulty you find in each race class. Therefore, we should presume that each difficulty should bring these values:

(Beginner = 10; Easy = 20; Normal = 50; Hard = 200; Expert = 500)

Great, but how to find out odds for each car? You'll need to have another joystick. Enter 2 Player Mode on the main menu and use one screen to select the car you had on the race. Use the other screen to find all the AI cars you opposed. As you toggle between cars, the game will display odds value below your and each AI car you toggle. Find one car on the grid that will give your car the highest odds. Put that highest value in the newly created formula (Odds x Difficulty x Place).

Example: I won Wintertraum race on Hard difficulty
My car: Volvo V70R (4.3)
Opponent: Silvia S15 (2.1)

Formula: (4.3 x 200 x 1.0) = 860 points

You can play with the system and find out maximum score on each track or for each car or per each difficulty level. Happy hunting!

3.) Consistency Rating

Being consistent in driving is important in the world of racing. Knowing you kept minimum changes in your lap times, your pit crew will be able to differ one car setup from another more accurately. In addition, it is said that drivers who can drive consistently will unlikely succumb to pressure when close dog-fight begins.

Go to the main "Option" menu and click on "Time Attack". Turn off ghost mode completely to keep the realism high. Now pick any car on any track that allows multiple laps to be run during one session. Before you start driving decide what will be the top limit within consistency is positively valued, and how many laps you want to run. I recommend 200 milliseconds to be starting benchmark, but you can increase to half second or full second if you're just starting out.

Now start driving. Once you have completed selected number of laps, exit the session and write down every single lap from the black info screen apart from the first one. Now you have to deduce each lap with the one that follows, higher lap always serving as minuend. The results you get need to be summarized and checked to see if you're within allowed accumulated margin.

Example: I completed 7 laps on Autumn Hill

1 - irrelevant, use it as a warm-up lap
2 - 0'49.499
3 - 0'49.487
4 - 0'49.580
5 - 0'49.851
6 - 0'49.435
7 - 0'49.571

Calculations:

2 - 3 = 0'00.012
4 - 3 = 0'00.093
5 - 4 = 0'00.271
5 - 6 = 0'00.416
7 - 6 = 0'00.136
My result: + 0'00.928
Goal: 0'01.000 (5 [calculations] x 0'00.200) or less
Consistency: 7.2%

As you can see, even though three of my laps were within 200 milliseconds, mistakes I made on the other two were bad enough to ruin my overall score. It is very difficult to pull this out, but it drops completely different light on time attacking. and will make you a better driver.

And that is it! I hope you will find this guide useful. Have fun! :)

Last edited:
Back