Guide to Circuit de la Sarthe 700pp on Seasonal Events (B-spec)

  • Thread starter Thread starter failing_finn
  • 15 comments
  • 6,053 views
Messages
207
Finland
Finland
Messages
TMguardian-FINN
This event can be won by multiple cars, but Audi R8 race car '01 might be the easiest way. Can money making get any easier?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlpDOqr5AAw

236778-terminator-2-judgment-day-1991.jpg





Older videos:

Super GT hot lap @ Trial Mountain
Power limit is 532hp and minimum weight 1090kg. (widespread combination in online racing) Tuning was allowed!!
Soft racing tyres in use. No other driving aids but ABS = 1.
Lap time is 1'15.636 though the last frame in video says 1'15.620.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJmaNYDxYfs




Winning a "Dream race" trophy while taking gold @ Deep Forest raceway in Historic race car series.
I'm driving a Ford Mark IV race car '67. This car handles nicely, sounds fantastic and has very much potential.
It is 100% stock, settings are default, and no driving aids were used but ABS = 1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVYYq9_vNJU




Zonda R power lap @ Top Gear test track
Arcade TT, standing start, racing hard tyres, no other driving aids but ABS = 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Be-iqdJ7I




Trying to beat the Germans (GTRP)
My team has couple friends from GTRP and we decided to compare our speed with them. They had this same time trial earlier this year, so we knew the target time. This team event took place at Grand Valley East reverse (arcade mode), and we used 2010 model Subaru Imprezas with sport soft tyres. Anything else stock, no oil change was allowed. This car/track combination might sound easy, but it's not. :scared:

Fastest lap GTRP - 1'08.977 👍👍
My teammate - 1'09.162 👍
My lap - 1'09.286

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQcX52Ik8Q
 
Last edited:
you made that look effortless, good job!
 
nice one! great driving =D
 
Thanks for comments. First lap certainly wasn't easy since AI players are driving without brain. :)
 
Added new video to the first post, a Pagani Zonda R '09 power lap.
 
Very nice, that Zonda is very hard to control.
 
Zonda is very hard to control.

Yeah indeed, it's a frantic machine! Power just keeps coming and coming, throttle control must be cautious even when driving on 4th gear (+150km/h).
 
Good lap, what I didn't like is that you didn't use 2nd gear but rather stayed on third from very low revs.
 
what I didn't like is that you didn't use 2nd gear but rather stayed on third from very low revs.

Third gear will cause wheel spin as well if driven recklessly through slow corners, so I can't see a reason to use 2nd gear at all. I'm saying there's more power available than rear wheels can handle when driving on 3rd gear.
 
Last edited:
That Zonda lap is pro... nice work.
If that car wasn't 2million quid I reckon the stig could beat it though, I would be scared of crashing such a car and I'm sure he was.
 
Smooth work with the Zonda! I do a similar thing with the gears, especially with wayward MR and FR cars as I'm a DS3 user. I'll often not shift down to second or first gear and my lap times are better for it.

Great work in the Historic too. Hats off to ya, I could only complete that series in a tuned Toyota 7. That Ford looks much more stable.
 
New video added! GT500 cars are wicked... :bowdown:
 
Nice driving finn 👍
I really hate top gear track, but that looked good :)
 
Thanks for feedback mr_V, it's always welcomed. :)


New vid added on the first post.
 
€€€s @ Circuit de la Sarthe added to the first post.
 
Back