Guitar AdviceMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 3 comments
  • 524 views
Messages
4,312
Well, the time has come to get me a new guitar and after a couple of weeks of research, I have chosen to get a Squier custom Telecaster. Turns out there are two different models on Musician's Freind. 1 has standard humbuckers with covers that model is $199.99 and the other model has 2 Duncan designed P-90 pickups in it for $229.99. Well, I haven't realy heard P-90 pickups yet and was wondering if I could get some advice over which to get. I would try and get the Fender model, but I have yet to find it, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to afford it.
 
Well, the time has come to get me a new guitar and after a couple of weeks of research, I have chosen to get a Squier custom Telecaster. Turns out there are two different models on Musician's Freind. 1 has standard humbuckers with covers that model is $199.99 and the other model has 2 Duncan designed P-90 pickups in it for $229.99. Well, I haven't realy heard P-90 pickups yet and was wondering if I could get some advice over which to get. I would try and get the Fender model, but I have yet to find it, and even if I did I wouldn't be able to afford it.

P-90 are a Jazz style pickup. Warm, fat, sweet with very little output. They aren't for hard rock or metal, but that music is still possible with them.

You can listen to P-90 audio samples here... http://www.seymourduncan.com/
 
Ah ok. Guess I'll be going with the humbuckers then. Thanks Solid 👍.
 
Why not play them both and see which one suits you more? I'm pretty sure the music shop there will let you try them out.
 
Back