H-gate shifting implementation needs work

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Currently, if you don't shift in a very specific and deliberate way. The gearbox of the in-game car can pop into neutral while the physical H-shifter obviously remains in gear. This is super disorienting and frankly, makes manual H-shifting with clutch un-fun. Especially when you don't even have any ability to tune pedal linearity/deadzones etc. I don't think the virtual gearbox should ever deviate from the user's physical shifter. If it's in gear, it's in gear. If a bad shift is made then an audible cue/slight dip in speed is fine, just don't sling the car back into neutral.

T300RS
T3PA-Pro pedals

Currently, if you don't shift in a very specific and deliberate way. The gearbox of the in-game car can pop into neutral while the physical H-shifter obviously remains in gear. This is super disorienting and frankly, makes manual H-shifting with clutch un-fun. Especially when you don't even have any ability to tune pedal linearity/deadzones etc. I don't think the virtual gearbox should ever deviate from the user's physical shifter. If it's in gear, it's in gear. If a bad shift is made then an audible cue/slight dip in speed is fine, just don't sling the car back into neutral.

T300RS
T3PA-Pro pedals
I sold my Thrustmaster shifter. It feels incredibly awkward and I ran into the same problem you did. Also, the clutch pedal on my Thrustmaster feels incredibly light, nothing like a real clutch pedal.

They fixed this and the most recent update changed it back!! :banghead: In the current version it's again possible to come out of gear in game while the shifter is still manually in gear! Granted, it's less frequent but still happens. I've lost races because of this. It's sometimes really difficult to get the car to get back in gear.

Back