Hacked/Hybrid Cars Sound

  • Thread starter Thread starter lbpomg95
  • 8 comments
  • 1,882 views
Messages
2,103
England
A field in England
I've heard recently that people are able to hex edit GT5 cars and I was just curious if it's possible to switch exhuast sounds over. For example, could one put the sound of a racing modified Corvette ZR1 onto a Saleen S7? Or the sound of a stock Mercedes C 63 AMG onto a fully tuned SLK 230?

I've got no experience in modding/hacking/whatever you want to call it, I'm just curious if people can do this. Thanks.
 
I am not sure if you can do that im affraid
 
Last edited:
Yes, it works, I have an SV with Zonda C12S sound swap, runs very fine. 👍

I can't produce these hybrids myself though. :(
 
Yes. In fact, the hybrid Peugot 306 has the Mazda 787B exhaust sound.
 
Hmmm, that's cool. I want the Soarer to sound more like a 2jz.
 
The latest ones from Schewter are a BMW M5 with an Enzo engine, and an S13 Sylvia with a RB26 (possibly) engine swap. Both sound really good.
 
From what I've gathered, these new sounds aren't strictly 'engine swaps' - they're just different sound files to be associated with each car, and the power boosts are simply power multipliers I believe. (I don't know the ins and outs unfortunately)
Its is possible. However if you use a sound file which doesn't support a certain exhaust (e.g you put a 787b sound on an RX-7) then if you have the wrong exhaust it won't make any noise. For the mazda example I gave, it will have the 787b sound ONLY on Titanium Racing Exhaust but not on any others.
 
I noticed the modded NASCAR just make a whistle like the GT by Citroen Concept???
 
Reading this makes me think of an tuned Civic EK with an stock C63 sound :drool:
 
Back