Had to dispose of a goanna just now.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SandStorm
  • 40 comments
  • 1,719 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

SandStorm

(Banned)
Messages
7,069
I was writing up the deatails of a new association in the Online Gaming Forum - see forum - when a small goanna came in to the backyard. I went out there with a broom in my hand and swept it out. It ran toward me and almost got up my leg. It was a . . . um . . . interesting experience, to say the least, not to mention slightly scary; if it got up my leg I would have snapped it's neck, and I didn't really want to do that.
 
My sister wants to dispose of her couch and I was hoping we could put it in the middle of our driveway and set it on fire but dad said no. Bugger.

And I know a Goanna is a lizard but is it native to Australia or is it a common species?
 
Throw it off the top of a 7+ story garage. That is always a wonderful thing to video tape. :)
 
What's the big deal? Why did you have to sweep it away? Do they damage property or something?
 
That reminds me... a couple years ago my wife and I were eating dinner and I look up at the window and on the screen, outside thankfully, was a very large wolf spider. A wolf spider is like a brown tarantula. This one was a good 2 - 3 inches accross. I have an insect phobia and even though spiders are not insects I react the same way to them.

Two days later my wife was getting the mail out of the slot which was in the front closet. We never really looked before sticking our hands in there but this time she glanced over while removing her hand and that spider was right next to the slot she put her hand in. That was pretty funny. Until I was assigned the disposal job.

I had to meditate on it for quite a while. Knowing spideras aren't bugs and that they are actually a valuable creature that gets rid of other nasty bugs I hate I didn't want to kill it. I also didn't want to feel it's guts spurt out, or hear it either. So I got a broom and prepared to sweep it out the door. I knocked it off the wall and tried sweeping it out the door but it wouldn't work on the carpet. I was loosing control of the situation so I panicked and just jammed the broom down on it. Squinting, I slowly lifted up the broom half expecting to see the spider alive, and pissed. But there was nothing. It was gone. It wasn't in the broom, it wasn't in the closet or anywhere I could see. I got serious chills and goosebumps wondering where this thing could be, watching me from somewhere.

We lived in fear for the rest of the day. I never saw that spider again.
 
i used to like spiders, up untill i was about...oh 12 years of age. One day while sitting and chatting with some friends, i had the pleasure of having a huge wolf spider crawl up my back and lounge on my sholder right next to my face. I didn't know it was there untill my friend saw it and jumped away screaming. Needless to say, when i saw it, i did the same :D

I ran around the house we were at about 2 times before i dove into a pillar and squished the spider against it. I never really inteded to do that, but it just wouldn't get off me! ahh!

Now i have a healthy fear of spiders in general. I too don't like killing them for the same reasons u stated, but if the spider gets to close, or gives me trouble when i try to remove it...SQUISH.

what was the topic again? ;)
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
I'd rather burn it



Cath it on fire...wait a few minutes...then throw it off a 7 story building.
 
Originally posted by Angel O'Death
i used to like spiders, up untill i was about...oh 12 years of age. One day while sitting and chatting with some friends, i had the pleasure of having a huge wolf spider crawl up my back and lounge on my sholder right next to my face. I didn't know it was there untill my friend saw it and jumped away screaming. Needless to say, when i saw it, i did the same :D

I ran around the house we were at about 2 times before i dove into a pillar and squished the spider against it. I never really inteded to do that, but it just wouldn't get off me! ahh!

Now i have a healthy fear of spiders in general. I too don't like killing them for the same reasons u stated, but if the spider gets to close, or gives me trouble when i try to remove it...SQUISH.

what was the topic again? ;)


I do the same thing when I see spiders. After I'm done running and screaming, I smash the stupid mother:censored:er with the closet thing that weighs more than 2 pounds.
 
Originally posted by Josh
Cath it on fire...wait a few minutes...then throw it off a 7 story building.
There is a compromise right there. Possibly throwing it off the 7 story building and have it land in a fire. :)
 
No no no, go to a parking garage, have the lizard dropped off the top, have someone on an inbetween level(like if it was a 7 story, put someone on the 3rd or 4th level) with a blow torch. The lizard is dropped, torched by the blow-torch, and then smashes on the ground.

It'd be quite the feat. ;)
 
Originally posted by MazKid
No no no, go to a parking garage, have the lizard dropped off the top, have someone on an inbetween level(like if it was a 7 story, put someone on the 3rd or 4th level) with a blow torch. The lizard is dropped, torched by the blow-torch, and then smashes on the ground.

It'd be quite the feat. ;)




Um, we were talking about throwing a couch off of a building...not a lizard ya sick bastard!:p
 
anyone want somelizards lips for dinner?
 
Originally posted by MazKid
No no no, go to a parking garage, have the lizard dropped off the top, have someone on an inbetween level(like if it was a 7 story, put someone on the 3rd or 4th level) with a blow torch. The lizard is dropped, torched by the blow-torch, and then smashes on the ground.

It'd be quite the feat. ;)

Noooo, nooo, drop it off of an 7+story rooftop, each time it goes through a smaller ring of circles, then finally, it lands in a charcoal grill(Don't worry, you wrapped it with flame-proof covering before lighting the the charcoal and dropping it in:trouble:

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
...
Now i have a healthy fear of spiders in general. I too don't like killing them for the same reasons u stated, but if the spider gets to close, or gives me trouble when i try to remove it...SQUISH.
...

Same here, who doesn't have a healthy fear of spider? I also have a healthy fear of snakes, I admit that. In fact, I'll post a new thread about healthy fears. It'll be labled:
Poll: Healthy Fears: What do you have?
 
Originally posted by Josh
Um, we were talking about throwing a couch off of a building...not a lizard ya sick bastard!:p

Yeah, sheesh, MazKid is a cruel freak who hates animals! :p
 
LMAO!!!! God damn it! I didn't read it correctly!

Poor lizards...I'm an animal lover...I was just trying to get a cheap laugh, I swear. :(

;), I'd never do that. Though with the couch...put a car under it when it falls. Have the car on fire too. :)
 
I'm scared of spiders bigger than a half-inch across... any smaller is fine. Heck, I pick up the mumping spiders around my house all the time, because they're so neat. But anything bigger freaks me out (especially tarantulas).

Several months ago, while on my computer, I noticed one of those huge, 6-inch long, blue centipedes running right towards my leg. I got up, and proceeded to use the chair to continually roll over it (though anybody who's ever tried to kill one of those huge suckers knows that it takes a lot more than that to stop them from moving). So, figuring that it wouldn't kill him, I had to put my weight on the chair and called my dad to get something to kill him.

About a month later, while playing GT3 (I sit on the carpet while playing), I again noticed a big, blue centipede running right to me, so I got up to go get something to hit it with. When I came back, it was gone. I was so scared the rest of the night...

And, several months before these two incidences, I was in my parent's closet to get something. They have one of those walk-in closets, and above the rods that hold the clothing are "shelves" that we use to hold suitcases and the like. So, anyway, I was using a short stepping ladder to reach the suitcases, and so my head was about 5 inches from the ceiling. Then, I noticed that there was a big blue centipede right above me. Oh boy did that scare the bejeezers out of me. I worked my way down the ladder, got a fly swatter, tried to hit it (scared of course that it would fall down on my face), but it escaped my swatting and hid behind a suitcase. Of course,I promptly decided that I was finished looking for whatever it is that I was trying to find, since I'd have to work in that area.

Scorpions scare me too... thank goodness the ones around here are small enough that you can just give them a good swat with a fly swatter and they'll be dead.
 
Originally posted by miata13B
There is a compromise right there. Possibly throwing it off the 7 story building and have it land in a fire. :)

Hmmm, Maybe shoot it out of a cannon, shoot it with a rocket launcher, so its burning, then have it land, fully extinguished from the waiting fire-trucks on an un-suspecting 'ricer'.


Perfect.
 
My wife's best friend got bitten a few times by a scorpion a couple months ago. Right on the ass :lol: She was sitting on the floor and it crawled up her shorts. Ouch. Apparently it was a baby.
 
Originally posted by Cobraboy
Hmmm, Maybe shoot... with a rocket launcher... an un-suspecting 'ricer'.Perfect.
I have to agree fully. Even though there was a point you can throw me in that category. Wait a second, that means me *GULP*. um... um... um... EXIT STAGE LEFT!
 
Wow, where do you people with the wolf spiders and centipedes live? :eek:

I live in cali. Biggest spide rive come across was a black widow.. About 3/4inch big. I reached down behind my trash can (where a plug outlet is) and felt a spider web. I figured it was abandoned and nothing would be living there, and sure enough i look over before i go to move the trash can. A black widow was about 1 mm from biting my hand!

Boy did i freak. :lol:

I hate spiders.
 
I got a spider story from the Rainshine state. This was back in 2000, A girl I had been dating for sometime went into my bathroom. All of a sudden outside the apartment I hear this wickedly scared voice ever. I rush in and she is standing up against the wall, butt nake lying in the tub. On the Ceiling near the fan, this spider with about 4 to 5 inch legs and a body of 1.5 inches thick and 3.5 to 4.5 inches wide. Really nasty critter. I have never seen anyone freak out so much. So I get the spider down, she is running mad around the apartment while I air lift the spide back into nature.
 
Hmm.. She have a nice rack? :lol:
 
34 Cs , I wish I had a scanned picture, but no scanner :(
 
Jam it up a ricers ass
 

Attachments

  • new-couch-car-98.jpg
    new-couch-car-98.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 47
what is so odd about a girl having a 34C rack?
 
Originally posted by Acid X
Wow, where do you people with the wolf spiders and centipedes live? :eek:
Erm, I live in California too, ya know. ;) I live in southern CA, where all of the dry brush is, and there are a lot of centipedes here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back