Hair metal threadMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyberDragon
  • 15 comments
  • 793 views
Messages
147
Confession time. From time to time, & in small doses, I like a little cheese. My favorite hair metal songs of all time are;

Guns N' Roses: "Welcome To The Jungle"
Guns N' Roses: "Paradise City"
Posion: "Fallen Angel"
Poison: "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"
Motley Crue: "Shout At The Devil"
 
The first two definately aren't hair metal. In fact, it's an insult to call Guns N' Roses hair metal. :sick:

That said, I don't mind a bit of Motley Crue every now and then.
 
Dude, One of my favorite styles of music besides Death Metal and thrash, is hair metal. I'm all into the glam image. Shannon is right, Guns N' Roses don't have the glam-image. GNR are hard rock.

My favorites of all time:
Mötley Crüe - Almost every song by them, especially the Brownsville cover"Smokin' In the Boy's Room" from Theatre of Pain album

Cinderella: also anything by them, but my favorit would be the power ballad from Night Songs Album, "Nobody's Fool"

Poison: Many songs, not all, but my fav. from the band: Unskinny Bop

Britny Fox: Girlschool, the best from the band

and I can't forget:
Twisted Sister, another of my fav. from hair metal. Evry song on "Still Hungry", I have to buy that album.

There are more that I like such as Vixen, Autograph, Warrant, Winger, Firehouse, Europe, Dokken, Bon Jovi and many more.

HAIR METAL RULES!!!
 
What's Hair Metal? :odd:
 
80s glam rock I guess.

I'm not a fan of the stuff myself, I really see no talent in the majority of it.
 
DiabolicalMask
What's Hair Metal? :odd:
ratt_stall.jpg


poison.gif


CScinderella.jpg


And as far as talent goes, well, it was better than most '70s music, and you can't take that away from it.
 
DiabolicalMask
What's Hair Metal? :odd:

Hair Metal [aka Glam Rock] was a style of Hard Rock back in the late 80's, which focused more on the looks than the music. Some had big hairs, lots of make-up, leather. Became very popular in 1986, but lots its interest somewhere around the early 90's since more and more people liked "grunge", like Nirvana and Pearl Jam, which came out around that time [90's].
 
Ok. That's what I had in mind. It was the "Metal" part that had me lost.

I can now say for sure that I can't stand Hair Metal, although it was better than the electronic stuff that also apeared in the 80's.

As for talent, it will always be a subjective matter, but I know I wouldn't trade any of those 80's Hair Metal bands for 70's Prog Rock bands like Camel, Supertramp, etc and many others.
 
Twisted Sister has some cool songs. I´ll try to find some stuff of these other bands to see if I like it.
 
Yeah, Twisted Sister do have some cool songs.
 
Twisted Sister, Dokken, Stryper, and a few others. pretty good stuff.
 
Even I draw the line at Dokken, they were terrible!

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE???
YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABY!!! etc etc"

Good stuff.

Oh I go for GNR "appetite for destruction"
And Motley Crue "dr feel good"

And If Dave Lee Roth counts, Ill vote for him too :). DLR rocked.
 
I like Dokken as well.
code_kev
Even I draw the line at Dokken, they were terrible!

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE???
YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABY!!! etc etc"

Good stuff.

Oh I go for GNR "appetite for destruction"
And Motley Crue "dr feel good"

And If Dave Lee Roth counts, Ill vote for him too :). DLR rocked.

GNR didn't really have the "glam" image, so they aren't really considered "hair" metal.
I have a couple of albums [cassettes] from David Lee Roth. Mötley Crüe is probably my favorite band of the Hair Metal genre. Especially with Theatre of Pain.
 
Fair enough about dokken :)

And while we are at it, another cinderella picture...



*shudder*
 
Back