Handbrake and Dirt Rally 2.0

• Thread starter Jimmy777
  • 11 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I’m thinking of buying a handbrake for my Rig. So I want some advice. Can anybody who is using a handbrake in the game tell how it feels, does it feel realistic? Do you use it a lot? Specific for the Fanatec handbrake: is it worth the money?

Thanks!

I have a Fanatec handbrake and unfortunately the game doesn't allow an axis for the handbrake so it's effectively it's just an on/off switch. Very disappointing. I still prefer using the handbrake to a button on the wheel but I hope they add axis support for the handbrake.

Last edited:
I’m thinking of buying a handbrake for my Rig. So I want some advice. Can anybody who is using a handbrake in the game tell how it feels, does it feel realistic? Do you use it a lot? Specific for the Fanatec handbrake: is it worth the money?

Thanks!
I have the fanatec handbrake and love it ,well made , strong and versatile (you can change the position horizontally or vertically ) ,I have it mounted to the shifter great for immersion in rally cross and rally ,but it will keep you very busy.Manual h pattern plus clutch and handbrake in car view great fun but you'll be knackered after a long session

I have a Fanatec handbrake and unfortunately the game doesn't allow an axis for the handbrake so it's effectively it's just an on/off switch. Very disappointing. I still prefer using the handbrake to a wheel on the button but I hope they add axis support for the handbrake.
Did the original dirt rally or Dirt 4 support an axis?

I found the available options too expensive and built one myself by using a keypad.

Works digital of course, but that's not problem in the games I play.

Last edited:
The Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake works fine in Dirt Rally 2.0 and is fully progressive in the game 👍
52428038_2341691582754335_2772949423100002304_n.jpg

The Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake works fine in Dirt Rally 2.0 and is fully progressive in the game 👍...

I don't think so .... sadly, unlike Ur-DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0 does not recognize anything but on/off for handbrake input.
No analog/axis input device, like the Fanatec hand brake or the TSS can change that.

Last edited:
I don't think so .... sadly, unlike Ur-DiRT Rally, DiRT Rally 2.0 does not recognize anything but on/off for handbrake input.
No analog/axis input device, like the Fanatec hand brake or the TSS can change that.
Are we talking about PC or PS4? Thrustmaster's website says it should be analog on PS4.

Back