Handbrake

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lynyrd_Skynyrd
  • 19 comments
  • 1,934 views
Messages
128
Messages
Porsche_1994
Not really a discussion but I just found out today that you can use a handbrake in the game, this is done by pressing the "circle" button for about 1-2 seconds.
 
It's a default button assignment...........
 
I found that there is an accelerator and brake function.
 
I think he means the fact you can leave it on, when coming to a complete stop on a hill. Not quite as well-known.
 
Can you drive a few blocks down the street before noticing you still have it engaged, like in my car?
 
I think he means the fact you can leave it on, when coming to a complete stop on a hill. Not quite as well-known.

Yeah, this is what I meant. I knew (like all people) that you can handbrake by holding circle, however its nice to be able to stay still and not have to hold the button.
 
Can you drive a few blocks down the street before noticing you still have it engaged, like in my car?

XD, no when you either press the brake or throttle is disengages (annoyingly)
 
Question should be, do you use a handbrake? I don't. Ever. Should I?
 
Question should be, do you use a handbrake? I don't. Ever. Should I?

I just dab it now and then on some tracks when I have understeer, it pops the car around nicely in the direction you want it to head. Example being some of the tight bends on the Eiger Nordwand and that tight right-hander on the Rome course. If you go in too deep/fast also, you can at least hit the barrier side-one and carry on, instead of getting your nose stuck against it.
 
Yeah GT PSP does the same.
 
If you go in too deep/fast also, you can at least hit the barrier side-one and carry on, instead of getting your nose stuck against it.

whs 👍
 
I just dab it now and then on some tracks when I have understeer, it pops the car around nicely in the direction you want it to head. Example being some of the tight bends on the Eiger Nordwand and that tight right-hander on the Rome course. If you go in too deep/fast also, you can at least hit the barrier side-one and carry on, instead of getting your nose stuck against it.

Nice tip, thanks. Will test it out. Might have to adjust my wheel settings then as circle is a handbrake. Very hard to press when turning lol
 
Can you drive a few blocks down the street before noticing you still have it engaged, like in my car?


👍+1

Awesome... lol. For me its more, do you have to push it really, REALLY hard just to get the car to slowly roll backwards down the drive when trying to get up the drive?
 
A setup i have for my G25 when using paddle shifts is to configure the sequential shift gear stick to operate the handbrake when you pull back on it. This is like a rally handbrake operation then. Useful, fun and realistic feeling.
 
I have noticed this as well, thought about mentioning it but you beat me to it, I thought i was pretty cool. This means if you walk away and don't pause it, the car won't roll around.
 
I think he means the fact you can leave it on, when coming to a complete stop on a hill. Not quite as well-known.

I didn't know this.. 👍


Hand brake is also helpful in hair pin turns, especially when you have too much under-steer. :nervous:
 
A setup i have for my G25 when using paddle shifts is to configure the sequential shift gear stick to operate the handbrake when you pull back on it. This is like a rally handbrake operation then. Useful, fun and realistic feeling.

Got the same thing mapped on my g25, pull back for handbrake and push forward for reverse. I've had some stunning crossing the finish line photos!
 
Back