Handling in quali vs race

Poland
Poland
Hi everyone.

Apologies if this question was already asked... I imagine it had to...

I'm fairly new to gt sport online racing.
I noticed that cars are handling much much worse in the race compared to qualifying.

I get cold tyres element and increased breaking zone in the slipstream.
But it feels like more than just that.

I'm doing interlagos in daily races in Merc Amg gt3. I'm happy with handling in qualifying but in the actual race this car turns like a truck.

Unless I'm hallucinatinf I can swear that it was handling much better last night on this track...

Is this only my imagination, game bug or game design?

Thank you for all answers in advance!

You are not imagining it. I was very frustrated with exactly the same problems at Interlagos and had no such issues with the RBR last week. My GTS experience only amounts to 5 days so I cannot comment on intentional game dynamics, however it may be worth considering that cold tyres into a downhill turn 1 should always be respected. The Nissan GTR is less affected by these problems if you want to give that a go.

I decided to get some practice in and learn to be smoother with my brake and steering inputs, learning to race with no TCS makes this compulsory. A new fastest quali lap was my reward along with a 3rd place finish.

Smooth is fast. Try setting an aggressive quali lap, then follow it driving as smoothly as possible, wide entry into every corner, trail brake, then smoothly back on the power. It is amazing how easy it is to keep up and gain time on the aggressive ghost.

This is also being discussed on the Daily Races Thread where I posted the following

For anyone suffering from loss of grip between Gr.3 Quali and Race try using the warm up session and keep all your inputs smooth. When I have trouble I go to Arcade > Custom Race and set up an identical race with BoP and AI Professional, it is a good way to improve racecraft.

After a decent Custom Race practice session, I had a great recovery race in the lobby despite being punted by a Russian on a jerky controller. Clean race for me and a level up in SR.

Back