Handling on Xbox One S after update

• Thread starter Dale Evv
  • 3 comments
England
England
Having had my eye on PC2 for a couple of years, finally took the plunge and bought it. After coming from Forza this is a different kettle of fish. So many variables and settings that can affect the race, which i love.
After reading about updates due to handling issues and tyre carcass problems, i have a question..
Did the updates solve these problems on Xbox?
Or are there bad apples in the game, that will always be un-tuneable.

Having had my eye on PC2 for a couple of years, finally took the plunge and bought it. After coming from Forza this is a different kettle of fish. So many variables and settings that can affect the race, which i love.
After reading about updates due to handling issues and tyre carcass problems, i have a question..
Did the updates solve these problems on Xbox?
Or are there bad apples in the game, that will always be un-tuneable.

I don't play the game on Xbox so I can't answer the specific question, but in my experience many of the cars drive fine on default settings. I prefer loose, but some prefer stable - those should be your starting point together with a warm, summer track - don't try tuning until you know the car and track well.

I prefer not to tune the cars, but instead adjust to suit the vagaries of the car - this works fine with the older cars. There are some newer race cars where the tyre temperatures are very sensitive and it can be difficult to retain heat and hence maintain grip - for these you can alter the brake ducts to increase brake heat.

Welcome to GTPlanet and Project Cars 2!

I'll add that after reading a message from @Tool1312, on the standard Xbox you might need to reduce the number of AI cars on the grid slightly to prevent your cars handling from degrading. It frees up some processing space.

I don't play the game on Xbox so I can't answer the specific question, but in my experience many of the cars drive fine on default settings. I prefer loose, but some prefer stable - those should be your starting point together with a warm, summer track - don't try tuning until you know the car and track well.

I prefer not to tune the cars, but instead adjust to suit the vagaries of the car - this works fine with the older cars. There are some newer race cars where the tyre temperatures are very sensitive and it can be difficult to retain heat and hence maintain grip - for these you can alter the brake ducts to increase brake heat.

Welcome to GTPlanet and Project Cars 2!

I'll add that after reading a message from @Tool1312, on the standard Xbox you might need to reduce the number of AI cars on the grid slightly to prevent your cars handling from degrading. It frees up some processing space.

Thank you for the replies, after abit more research i figured i needed to configure the joypad sensitivity. Now the cars are driveable at race speed.
The Xbox One S is definitely struggling FPS wise, but it will have to do for now, untill i can save for a gaming PC.

Back