• 22 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Firstly, watch Happy.

Secondly, don't come running to me when it haunts your dreams.

Happy is the name of a flying, blue unicorn, and he is one little girl's imaginary friend.

Right, that's all the cotton candy done. Happy also features: an evil, meth-taking Santa Claus who abducts children; the Mob, a disgraced ex-NY detective who wouldn't mind dying but seemingly can't; a dark, underground, insect sex cult; a compulsively onanistic zombie; demonic possession; Jerry Springer (weirdly); and a torture fetishist fixer by the name (and you'll never forget why) of Smoothie.

It has the weirdest, grimmest plot ever, soaking in gore, scat, drugs, sex, a microwave and a man who dresses up as a lobster while he gets oral sex from a confused prostitute, all accompanied by the sickly sweet, naive and innocent thoughts of a child's imaginary friend. Voiced by Patton Oswalt.

Watch it now.

Last edited:
TB
It's not available in the US on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. :irked:
Really? It's a Syfy show, but Netflix UK classes it as a Netflix Original!

Really? It's a Syfy show, but Netflix UK classes it as a Netflix Original!
Netflix:

Screenshot_20180620-170034_Netflix.jpg

Amazon:

Screenshot_20180620-170159_Prime Video.jpg

So I guess it technically is on Amazon, but not "free" Prime streaming.

That fifth show, though... :lol:

TB
Netflix:

View attachment 745365

Amazon:

View attachment 745367

So I guess it technically is on Amazon, but not "free" Prime streaming.

That fifth show, though... :lol:
Wow, that's weak... Here's Netflix UK:

happynetflix.jpg

(apropos of nothing, I can't start watching Black Lightning, because it seems like it should be a parody but I think it's actually supposed to be serious...)

It's not on NZ Netflix either. (Though that probably stands to reason. We don't have squat compared to the US or UK.)

Black Lightning is not a Netflix Original either, it's from The CW and is part of the Arrow-verse DC Superheros. Yes, it's serious and apparently very on point but I didn't watch it.

May as well stick the trailer in here.

Everything warning. Literally everything. Read the first post description. You have been warned:

Happy is on Netflix UK? Fantastic! I'll sign back up just for it, I really enjoyed the comic... The books really short so the TV show must have some padding :-P

Black Lightning is not a Netflix Original either, it's from The CW and is part of the Arrow-verse DC Superheros. Yes, it's serious and apparently very on point but I didn't watch it.
I think I remember reading something along the lines that although black lightning might be in the arrowverse there are no plans for it to interact with any of the other shows..... Is it worth a watch?

a dark, underground, insect sex cult
:odd:

Are...are you sure you didn't put a couple letters in the wrong order?

a man who dresses up as a lobster
randylobster.jpg

Everything warning. Literally everything. Read the first post description. You have been warned:

laughslap.gif

I freeze-framed it during one of the sections featuring Happy himself--anyone who has watched the trailer should know the part I'm talking about--and I'm so glad I did. That one little thing may be just what makes me look past all the other stuff and actually buy it on Amazon Video (also Prime member, but also no Prime access to the series--bite me, SyFy).

Don't click this spoiler unless you've done the above. Seriously. Don't click it.

oops.jpg

It's an apple!

:lol:

It's FINALLY available on Netflix. I'm three episodes in and will be binging the rest this weekend.

TB
It's FINALLY available on Netflix. I'm three episodes in and will be binging the rest this weekend.
It's baffling how anyone allowed this show to be made. And brilliant :D

Edit: And twice - season two is due some time in the next 3 months...

Last edited:
Edit: And twice - season two is due some time in the next 3 months...
Season two is now on Netflix UK. The first episode features exploding nuns, a rabbit gimp, a psychotic grandmother, accidental death by forklift, and unicorn puberty.

Please find the writers and section them.

I imagine there are folks out there who are none too pleased by this.
That almost feels like that's the entire point of the show.

I loved season one. Sounds like I'll have to wait until about December for season two. :irked:

I’m a fan of Happy!, and I’ve been watching the second season. In the ninth episode (“Five Chicken Fingers and a Gun”), there’s a synthwave-y song playing as Sonny Shine gets out of a limo and gives a red carpet interview (this scene is at 38 minutes into the episode). I’ve been trying to find this song with no success, and Shazam’s giving me nothing as well. Could anyone help me find this song please?

If you enjoyed Happy and its delightful mania, I'd recommend you keep an eye on "The Boys" which I believe is coming to Prime Video soon

having read the graphic (read: very graphic) novel, I'm very surprised to see it adapted. It is... Far from tame. It makes Kick Ass look pretty PG.

Back