Haptic Feedback on Dualsense Intermittent GT7 or not?

• Thread starter Blayney
  • 10 comments
Blayney
I can't decide if this is an issue with Gran Turismo or the controller or the PS5. It started happening during the Lake Maggiore Time Trial.

I'll be happily racing around and then the haptic on one side will stop functioning. It's really a weird feeling as you get no feedback from one side, most obvious when you go over a rumble strip and feel nothing. It actually makes it difficult to control the car as you lose some of the warming signs of starting a slide.

At first I assumed the controller itself has failed. But restarting the PS5 fixed it.

I play other games and it only ever fails with GT7 (so far...)

Has anyone else experienced this?

It sounds like the controller is failing, but is just being reset by the console start - and then operates until it fails again.

I can't decide if this is an issue with Gran Turismo or the controller or the PS5. It started happening during the Lake Maggiore Time Trial.

I'll be happily racing around and then the haptic on one side will stop functioning. It's really a weird feeling as you get no feedback from one side, most obvious when you go over a rumble strip and feel nothing. It actually makes it difficult to control the car as you lose some of the warming signs of starting a slide.

At first I assumed the controller itself has failed. But restarting the PS5 fixed it.

Try resetting the controller bro.

I hope it keeps going awhile, expensive to replace!
If you do end up buying a new controller, make sure its the latest version. Sony quietly upgraded the controller a while back. You can tell by this:

"The first wave of DualSense controllers have an FCC ID that ends in the number 1, whereas the FCC ID on the redesigned controllers ends in the letter A. "

I don't have that problem myself with the game but I have had issues where the inputs would cut out at times due to signal interference. Might want to try playing for a bit with the controller physically connected to the unit.

Also, do have this issue with any other games that you've noticed?

If you do end up buying a new controller, make sure its the latest version. Sony quietly upgraded the controller a while back. You can tell by this:

"The first wave of DualSense controllers have an FCC ID that ends in the number 1, whereas the FCC ID on the redesigned controllers ends in the letter A. "

I don't have that problem myself with the game but I have had issues where the inputs would cut out at times due to signal interference. Might want to try playing for a bit with the controller physically connected to the unit.

Also, do have this issue with any other games that you've noticed?
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I've only noticed it happen with GT7, that's why I asked here.

I hate this sentence I'm about to type but...

... have you updated your controllers to the latest firmware?

I hate this sentence I'm about to type but...

... have you updated your controllers to the latest firmware?
Forgot about that.....good point. There was an update just a week or two ago IIRC.

You have to plug in your controller to the PS5 to update it. You can dismiss the reminder but it will notify you again in 24 hours each time if you do (as it says on the message).

Last edited:
@Blayney

Got the same @ Dragontrail. Have to leave and restart the track. And it works again. I think its a game issue, because i never expiriance it in other games.

Ps: also with updated cotrollers.

Last edited:
@Blayney

Got the same @ Dragontrail. Have to leave and restart the track. And it works again. I think its a game issue, because i never expiriance it in other games.

Ps: also with updated cotrollers.
Ohh good to know I'm not going mad! I played a few hours of rocket league last night with no issues.

Latest Posts

Back