Hard Disc / BlueRay Drive work

  • Thread starter Thread starter seadog777
  • 3 comments
  • 562 views

seadog777

Premium
Messages
3,014
Malaysia
Iskandar
Messages
seadog777
Does anyone know whether the hard disc or blue ray disc is being accessed continuously during a race?

I'm building up points and cash by setting my B Spec drivers out on long missions while I'm asleep.... this means the machine is on all night (and most of the day if I forget in the morning!).

I'm hoping that once the race is loaded, they both go into spin down until a save.... but if not, that's a lot of potential wear on moving parts!

Anyone know?
 
I don't know but I'll tell you my 40GB fatty was on for 2 months straight and still runs like the day I bought it. You don't have anything to worry about so long as the PS3 has room around it to dissipate heat and the room it's in isn't too hot.
 
Thanks..... I'll make sure I do regular back-ups, just in case it croaks!
 
Back