Hard-FiMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ruffryder27
  • 4 comments
  • 435 views
Messages
230
Well i got their album: Stars of CCTV and like it a lot. Their a band from London and were nominated for the mercury prize not too long ago. I'm not too good on music genres but I'm guessing they would be classed as rock. Yeah so has anyone else heard any of their songs or the album, if so what do you think of it? My favourite tracks are Hard to beat and Living for the weekend.

So does anybody listen to them?
 
I haven't got their album but the songs they've released (Hard to Beat & Living For the weekend) I find really annoying for some reason.
 
Ruffryder27
I'm not too good on music genres but I'm guessing they would be classed as rock.

They are indy... at best, i don't really know what the big hype about them is, they don't impress me much at all...

I guess the only positive is that they are a new band that are not emo/death metal for once.
:)
 
They're from Staines not London, ashley.

I'm a fan. How much of a fan? Well, i select their tunes from jukeboxes in pubs. Have i bought the album? No.

What other tracks on CCTV are good?

Love Hard To Beat. Is probably one of my favourite tracks from the last year. In fact it's also the only song played on the radio recently which i don't even begin to think 'oh no not this again' (i'm looking at you Green Day - "Wake Me Up When This Track Finishes"). Hum along to the base line of Hard To Beat, gorgeous.

I'd clasify them as more than just Indy. They've got some blatent Electro stuff in there.
 
I've got "Tied Up Too Tight" on a compilation called "Festival". It's very good, but I'm not sure that I'm motivated to buy the album.
 
Back