Hard Mounting a Thrustmaster TX - Still Loose

• Thread starter sdmf
  • 4 comments
xStinkyFingers
Hey guys, late to the 'game' here, but curious as I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same concern. I have a TX 458 Italia blah blah for my son, made a quick DIY rig but found with only the 2 mounting threaded inserts for the base (2 x m6 side by side) the "nose" of the base (closest to the screen) has some wiggle/lift to it. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent this from happening? Kind of frustrating as 1 extra mounting point towards the front of the base in the middle, would completely eliminate this. Tried a quick search to no avail. I'm trying to mount the wheel/base to a horizontal 2x6. Have the 2 mounting screws in, PLUS the main table bracket that comes with the wheel. Just too much wiggle when grabbing the 12 o'clock position of the wheel and pulling it gently-ish towards yourself. :(

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

If you use the front M10 without the clamp but with a plate that also mounts on the wheel plate. You should be fine. The stock clamp is usually inadequate and breaks easily as well. There are metal plates used in wood constructions that will do the job. I have mine in my metal (but shouldn't do any difference) rig with 3 points and is sturdy as hell.

Does a gap form under the wheel base as you pull back on 12 o-clock position?

If so, it could be flex in the wheel base that causes this or it could be flex in your mounting surface. Can you determine which one it is?

Hey guys I missed these replies. Yes it flexes when pulling from 12 o'clock enough for a very slight gap. Definatley not the rig... I built it out of 2x6s ;)

Just not sure of options to get rid of the flex/wiggle in the base from the 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock position.

If there was just one more m6 insert at the front of the base there would be no issues.

I used to have a g27 way back and it was solid as a rock

Hey guys I missed these replies. Yes it flexes when pulling from 12 o'clock enough for a very slight gap. Definatley not the rig... I built it out of 2x6s ;)

Just not sure of options to get rid of the flex/wiggle in the base from the 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock position.

If there was just one more m6 insert at the front of the base there would be no issues.

I used to have a g27 way back and it was solid as a rock
I've put extra 50mm washers underneath for my T-GT and it's rock solid. Sorry about the image quality, it was hard to get any kind of a shot.

20190613_120612.jpg

Latest Posts

Back